Names for new Disney ships: Your guesses?

SmithAlien

The three new ships that Disney Cruise Line have ordered (for launch in 2021, 2022, and 2023) don't have names, as of yet.

What are your guesses for the names for the new vessels?

My guesses would be Wish (from "When you wish upon a star"), Star (from

"When you wish upon a star"), and Princess (since Disney have historically made a lot of princess films), or maybe even some classic original Disney character names. A Facebook friend even suggested Millennium Falcon (I replied that a ship with that name would of course need to be Star Wars themed throughout).

By the way, I'm booked for my first Disney cruise--Disney Fantasy sailing May 11, 2019 (with a craniofacial family group someone else has organized). I'm looking forward to this new experience!

SmithAlien

Princess would be appropriate for Disney, except that it's kind of already taken in the cruise industry. I'd expect it to be vetoed by the trademark lawyers, and/or the marketing people.

I'd expect something along the lines of Imagination, Wish, Inspiration, Adventure, Odyssey, or Story.

A previous time this thread was created, I was leaning toward Disney Adventure, Disney Imagination, Disney Discovery. (I see those first two were also thought of by many others.)

Another poster suggested Disney Enchantment, which sounds good to me, too!

And I may be thinking along similar lines to elchichicuilote, as the current ship names (Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasty) all seem to relate to the mind, emotion, happy thoughts, etc. It would make sense for that theme to continue. Maybe Disney Wishes. I was thinking of Disney Joy and Disney Bliss, but Norwegian has ships with similar names, so maybe not.

Of course, Carnival has both a Carnival Magic and Carnival Dream (one or both based in Port Canaveral for a time), so it is not as if cruise ships can't have similar names.

We played this game on the drive to Orlando coming off our first cruise last year. It was fun!

Imagination and Wishes/Wish seem highly likely to me. I'd lean 'Wish' because none of the current ships are plural words. If it's Dream instead of Dreams, would Wish make more sense? Just a thought.

I get the thought behind 'Adventure' & 'Discovery', but those don't sound 'Disney' enough to me. Maybe Discovery, but Adventure seems too generic.

The one I haven't seen posted here yet that I think is a slam dunk is Believe.

1. Believe 2. Imagination 3. Wish

Fun discussion!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

The front runners on another Disney cruise site are

Legend

Legacy

Wishes

Imagination

Adventure

Legend and Legacy were the original names proposed for the first two ships' date=' and were nixed by Eisner. I don't see them being resurrected.[/quote']

Legend and Legacy don't seem like Disney AT ALL. I'm not surprised Eisner nixed them. Not sure how they were proposed in the first place.

Wishes and Imagination sound like great fits. Not as much with Adventure. I like Enchantment as well. I agree that Discovery is better than Adventure, but still not a great fit.

Fun discussion!

Disney Believe is my absolutely favorite, followed by Disney Wish. One thing that makes both so attractive is that no other cruise line uses these names. Also they really fit right into the Disney culture.

We played this game on the drive to Orlando coming off our first cruise last year. It was fun!

Imagination and Wishes/Wish seem highly likely to me. I'd lean 'Wish' because none of the current ships are plural words. If it's Dream instead of Dreams, would Wish make more sense? Just a thought.

I get the thought behind 'Adventure' & 'Discovery', but those don't sound 'Disney' enough to me. Maybe Discovery, but Adventure seems too generic.

The one I haven't seen posted here yet that I think is a slam dunk is Believe.

Fun discussion!

I like those. I cold see Figment being the character in the atrium.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Disney Adventure - Based on Adventure Land - Modernized Tropical Theme featuring the Tiki Birds

Disney Frontier - Based on Frontier Land - Western Americana inspired theming

Disney Spirit - Based on the Haunted Mansion ;)

Disney Wish - The most Disney of names floating about

Disney Imagination - Featuring Captain Dreamfinder and First Officer Figment

Disney Animation - Predictable, but how fun would that be!

Disney Horizon - Some love for original EPCOT Center fans.

Disney Cygnus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it were to follow with the current Fleet - the name needs to be a singular noun (I know wonder could be a verb but it is used as in "Sense of Wonder" - so I don't think Believe would work. I like Imagination, Adventure, Marvel, Enchantment