Club Class Dining

PoohUnderstands

CC Dining in Concerto Dining Room, Deck 6, port side, on Royal.

Getting ready for our first lunch!

Pooh

This is the only perk we would get staying in a room in our favorite part of the ship. Let us know if it is worth the extra 500 to 2500 for the Club Class dining. These rooms used to be MAs and would only cost about 150 to 250 more.

We had Club Class dining on the Royal in December due to taking an upsell to a suite. We only used it for lunches and dinners since we had breakfasts in Sabatini's. To me, it's not worth an extra $500 even on a 10-day cruise like we took. Our tablemates in August could have gone to Club Class dining for dinner but chose to eat at second seating traditional dining. Like us, they enjoyed having dinner with others. In Club Class, you're basically on your own unless you make plans with others in Club Class beforehand to show up together.

ON the Golden it is deck 6 Donatello's enterance is starboard side... there is a sign as well

on last morning from breakfast it moves to deck 5 berini's again starboard side.

And I can't see any reason princess would be stopped CC Dining.... it is a nice perk

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly
spelling

I think club class dining will be over by the end of this year.

long c ruiser

Why exactly? If it goes it is doubtful we will continue to cruise on Princess. And for those quoting extra costs, keep checking cruise fares and you may get it for same price as regular mini-suite like we did on our upcoming 11 day Mediterranean cruise in May.

I think club class dining will be over by the end of this year.

long c ruiser

I think you are incorrect, but I guess you will know by the end of the year.

Princess would be at a significant competitive disadvantage without Club Class Dining or something similar.

Why exactly? If it goes it is doubtful we will continue to cruise on Princess. And for those quoting extra costs, keep checking cruise fares and you may get it for same price as regular mini-suite like we did on our upcoming 11 day Mediterranean cruise in May.

There are times they do not sell and the price has come down. for a cruise this fall, the price came down for the M1, but the difference to a MB grew by several hundred. We usually book over a year out and watch for sales.

Most of the main competitors have developed some sort of upscale dining. CC on Princess is actually a lot more simple than that on some of the competition (where there are special dining rooms and menus that can't be touched by mere mortals who didn't pay for a suite).

I think Princess has to do something to compete; CC is the current entry into that effort. It might change, but something similar will remain in place.

The cost seems to vary greatly. I've seen the difference between a normal mini and a CC mini reported as everything from $0 to $40+ pp per night of cruise. On those cruises that I've priced, it has been in the $20s. I suspect that if you shop around and keep watching prices, you can likely get a good deal. My logic is that if it goes above $30, I could just do specialty dining!

Most of the main competitors have developed some sort of upscale dining. CC on Princess is actually a lot more simple than that on some of the competition (where there are special dining rooms and menus that can't be touched by mere mortals who didn't pay for a suite).

I think Princess has to do something to compete; CC is the current entry into that effort. It might change' date=' but something similar will remain in place.

The cost seems to vary greatly. I've seen the difference between a normal mini and a CC mini reported as everything from $0 to $40+ pp per night of cruise. On those cruises that I've priced, it has been in the $20s. I suspect that if you shop around and keep watching prices, you can likely get a good deal. My logic is that if it goes above $30, I could just do specialty dining![/quote']

You could, but you couldn’t just show up for specialty dining, it would have to be scheduled. For us, we like the fact that if we are onshore and something interests us, or something comes up last minute we want to do in the evening, we don’t have to rush back or scramble to change plans. Club Class probably isn’t for everyone but it fits our way of traveling nicely.

This is the only perk we would get staying in a room in our favorite part of the ship. Let us know if it is worth the extra 500 to 2500 for the Club Class dining. These rooms used to be MAs and would only cost about 150 to 250 more.

For that huge price difference could you eat at the specialty restaurants every night which has better food anyway. CC is quite nice if it's included like in a suite but not for the difference in mini suite prices IMHO.

For that huge price difference could you eat at the specialty restaurants every night which has better food anyway. CC is quite nice if it's included like in a suite but not for the difference in mini suite prices IMHO.

That is exactly what I said on the sister thread on the same subject.

Ok, guys, I am back, and I tell you I have to smile reading all the comments while I was gone. The internet on the Royal is not good so had a great no internet vacation.

Ok, to my CC experience. It was fantastic and so worth it!!! Now I have booked this one cruise I took and all rest as CC. The difference in price from a regular mini to a CC mini was minimal. I am going from a 10 day Caribbean cruise to a 14 day Canada/NE cruise to a 25 day N.Baltic TA cruise and I have paid the most $18pp per day difference. For the NE cruise it is $9.57pp difference. I also did three speciality dining nights on my 10 night. And after 1 night it was enuf!!! The Crown is great, but same food over and over is not. I guess I don't like fancy or nouveau Italian, but I, here goes, hated Sabitini's. Only good thing was one of their desserts. And I felt the service was more personable on CC dining and not at the speciality dining locations.

Ok, on the Royal there were (yes I counted for you guys!) 24 two tables; 6 4 tables; and 2 6 tables. The set up of the two's was such that it would be very easy to make more tables for 4 or 6 if necessary which wasn't on our cruise. After a couple of days, we found a wait staff we clicked with and sat in their area for every meal. Therefore, my specially made drink was on my table with a minute or two of sitting down; They knew not to ask us if we wanted fresh pepper (on everything!); knew I had to have very hot coffee after meals; knew that at breakfast my hubby wanted regular dining room OJ not the freshly squeezed of CC (hubby hates the pulp- I love freshly squeezed); we ate dinner between 6-6:45pmish each night. No problems with getting a table. So to me this was the old fashioned traditional dining experience of the "olden days." As far as the extra food choice, I had to giggle many nights at what was "extra." A couple nights I had it. But to be honest, please don't even consider CC dining for that reason at all!!!! The other perks of CC were something that really didn't interest me but were nice to have around. Our midship cabin on deck 12 had a nice big balcony which was fully covered.

So yes, they have a winner with CC to this cruiser. Oh, on my three mentioned cruises above, even this far out, midship CC are sold out or with 1 left. Forward CC maybe, 1-3 left, so they are popular. I, too, don't see why CC dining will be going away as it, if done like my experience on the Royal, is so worth it in my opinion.

Pooh

I really don’t get this one. I sail Celebrity a good bit and have gone Aqua Class a few times and don’t think that’s worth it.....and they have a separate dining room. Too much CLASS system for me. If they make money on it....it will continue.

I really don’t get this one. I sail Celebrity a good bit and have gone Aqua Class a few times and don’t think that’s worth it.....and they have a separate dining room. Too much CLASS system for me. If they make money on it....it will continue.

If you’ve flown at all you should be used to it. Think of Club Class as the “Economy Comfort” of cruising. :D