Private Tour Company Greece

niceguyneastbay

The more appropriate place for your research would be the Greek board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=594

and for Dubrovnik, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Have you joined your Roll Call, and asked this question there?

Thank you for the links.

T

Twice we've used Private Greece Tours dot com (Nikos Loukas) and been extremely happy with them. The first time a few years ago included them waiting for hours at the airport at night for our son to arrive in Athens after several delays from Asia, just to make sure he got to our hotel safely. The second was last October when we took a day long private tour from Athens to Delphi; the driver was an awesome guide who kept us engaged from the moment we stepped into the van. I can't say enough positives about the company and their drivers; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Twice we've used Private Greece Tours dot com (Nikos Loukas) and been extremely happy with them. The first time a few years ago included them waiting for hours at the airport at night for our son to arrive in Athens after several delays from Asia, just to make sure he got to our hotel safely. The second was last October when we took a day long private tour from Athens to Delphi; the driver was an awesome guide who kept us engaged from the moment we stepped into the van. I can't say enough positives about the company and their drivers; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

We also used this same tour company when we toured Greece 2 1/2 years ago. They were great to work with, responded promptly to all inquiries and punctual. Highly recommend them.

I have used them twice as well...they were excellent! Have a great trip!

Regarding Santorini if you haven't been there before I would head to Oia. Get the local bus 2.50 euro one way for memory and spend your time there. Postcard views everywhere. The bus is about a 20 minute trip. If there are other ships in allow time to get back down the cable car as it can get very busy. The walk down the hill can be a bit of fun with the donkeys if you don't want to wait in any queues. Fira is also a nice spot to look through after coming back from Oia if you have time.

Def. want to spend plenty of time in Oia!!!

Is it really dramatically or significantly better than Fira, though....

I am hearing about the best Gyros, at the well known counter at Fira.

We would be ready to book a private tour, for an easier, more guided, and special experience.

( I am not getting any younger!!!)

Would also want to maybe relax and have a nice late lunch at a nice, but not 'pretentious' restaurant.

SO MANY of them serve food that seems so pretentious.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Have been to Santorini twice...neither time did we encounter long lines on the trip up to Fira but both times there were long lines coming back down to the ship as everyone wanted to stay as long as they could. Hopefully if other ships are there with you they will leave at different times.