Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

This review is a follow up to the cruise and review I posted 4 months ago on the same ship....really a comparison.

First, the ship was delayed returning to port due to weather and customs. So arriving at the port at the same time 10:15 am, we had to wait in lines before allowed to park. Past passengers were still leaving the ship at 10:30. Check in was slower and more crowded but still better than most cruises. Was on at 11:30 am...excellent.

Anyway, with that out of the way... now to the fun stuff. Ordered the Red Velvet Cake drink....woooo, dessert in a glass! My husband got his standard Rum Runner.

Ohnoooo..can’t post a photo. Got to figure this out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, for some reason I’m having problems posting pix so I need to figure this out tomorrow. Arrrgh.

We left about an hour late for some reason so not sure I believe the captain when he said he lost the keys...love this captain!

This cruise has a great range of passengers...all ages including kids. Some schools have Spring break next week. Last cruise was definitely an older crowd but there’s a nice mix...yeah.

Again, sorry I am coming back now. Still trying to post pix; we figured it out by another method but it’s complicated. Very frustrating because I had no problems last time, 4 months ago.

My husband checked out our table for dinner yesterday afternoon to make sure we were a table of 4 only night; which we were but upon checking, it was in a horrible location. As soon as you walk into the dining room but it faces the railing and the backs (and butts) of the elevated table behind it. He was able to get the table switched. Good thing!

The waiter and assistant were discombobulated but we don’t fault anyone because we caused the switch... they were wonderful and the meal was excellent.

Didn’t get pix last night ....I forgot, but hopefully remember tonight.

Following along, what is your itinerary?

This is an easy one...lol. Charleston on St Paddy’s day, Saturday, then Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau, and Cococay... nice 5 ports on a 9 day cruise.

It’s pretty rocky today and the sun is shining but windy and cold. A few brave ones sitting by the pool which is closed. We’re in the Solarium....nice.

Very excited to read your review. This will be my first time on an older, smaller ship and a little nervous about it. :cool:
Don't be nervous. We were on the Grandeur in July after cruising on Freedom. We loved Grandeur and will hopefully cruise her again.

Daisy L, looking forward to following your vacation.

Last cruise, was our first time on Grandeur and loved it so much that we decided to book this, only 4 months later. This is our 7th cruise with Royal, having been on Explorer, Liberty, Anthem-twice all out of Bayonne which is our ‘home’ port. Once on Majesty and Halloween on Grandeur. This ship has the best crew we’ve ever had on any ship, Royal or otherwise.

Oooh .... a F18 just flew over and actually dipped over us.... we’ve been buzzed ...sooo cool!

Hi Daisy,

I hope you and your family are enjoying your time onboard Grandeur! I’m loving your live report so far, keep up the great work :)

One suggestion: the Forums app installed on your iPad no longer supports direct photo upload. I would recommend to download, install Tapatalk instead, the upload function is the second option as displayed in this screenshot. 1e91438fff73b17ef4f4f238b76e4b22.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk