Coco Cay stop

Doing RC for the first time.....what is best to do at Coco Cay and what about food and drink options? Included as is HMC with Carnival? Thanks!

There is a complimentary BBQ lunch provided on the island.

We are looking at a cruise in March 2019 and Coco Cay has been replaced with Grand Bahamas...I assume that this is due to the remodeling of Coco Cay that was recently announced.

Coco Cay is building a pier so that they won't constantly miss the port due to weather/tendering. The captain on my last sail March 8th - 17th, said it was to be completed in a few months but that could mean anything.

Coco Cay is building a pier so that they won't constantly miss the port due to weather/tendering. The captain on my last sail March 8th - 17th, said it was to be completed in a few months but that could mean anything.

I believe someone posted yesterday and said the pier is now scheduled to be completed in September.

Our Mariner cruise for October is still showing as a Tender Port, so not sure if it will be done or not by then. Hope it is though, will be nice to dock instead of tender.

We were just there a week ago on Enchantment. They have made progress on the pier but there is still a long way to go before it is finished.

The BBQ lunch is included - like a cookout extension of the ship’s buffet. The lunch includes cold drinks like water, tea, lemonade, and fruit punch. Specialty and alcohol drinks are available to purchase at stands. Yes, your ship beverage package is honored. I always enjoy the private islands. I usually walk around and explore and shop a little.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you choose not to spring for the cabana type seating, what options are available for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of lounge chairs. You can drag between sun and shade if needed.

I will be at Coco Cay in November - and am curious what "excursion" you chose? Last year we did a Beach Bed rental - it was on the quiet side, included lunch and the bar was right behind us. I didn't see this available on the cruise planner this year, and will ask my travel agent to check in to it... so what did you do there?

Is there alot of shade on the island?

Yes, though it might be fifty or more steps to the water. When we exit the tender, we go across the island and make a right near the sports court. There are hammocks hung in the trees, very close to the water. As noted, you can just move a lounger to the shaded area. Very enjoyable.

Is there alot of shade on the island?

I would not say there is a huge amount of shade, but there are many trees around and if you get there early enough, you should be able to get some shade for few hours. There are also umbrellas for rent.

• 2 weeks later...