Oasis class: ocean view balcony vs boardwalk balcony. 400$ difference.

Hello!

We are planning a cruise on the Allure of the Sea in august (2 adults with a 4 year-old kid). We have basically two options:

• Ocean view balcony: 3050$ (Middle of the ship, near the stairs)
  • Boardwalk view balcony: 2650$ (Deck 8 or 9, near the start of the boardwalk: ex: 9299

We sailed before and we love ocean view balcony. 400$ is quite a lot of money so I don't know what to choose. Any thoughts?

Thank you! :)

I cruise to see the ocean. When on the oasis class there are few times you ever realize you are at sea. If you are ok with no ocean view, zero privacy, but less money go for boardwalk. If u want privacy and ocean views and have the money 100 percent go for ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cruise to see the ocean. When on the oasis class there are few times you ever realize you are at sea. If you are ok with no ocean view, zero privacy, but less money go for boardwalk. If u want privacy and ocean views and have the money 100 percent go for ocean view.

I agree

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'll never understand the draw of those interior balconies when everybody can see you on your balcony, and even more, probably, at night. I find them creepy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums x

Yes I love to sit and watch the ocean! My daughter will be napping in the pm so I'll spend more time than usual on the balcony. So watching the boardwalk is not that nice I guess? You don't see any piece of the ocean?

Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone

Ocean view balcony is always nice. Not everybody likes the neighborhood balconies, but we enjoy them. I suspect your four year old would like watching the people and activity on the boardwalk. Personally I like to be closer to the aqua theater though it is a longer walk from the elevators.

When is your cruise? If a while off, here’s what I’d do. I’d probably book the boardwalk balcony, then I’d watch availability closely. If a better located boardwalk cabin came available, I’d switch to it. If the price of the ocean view balcony dropped, I’d move to that. If the ocean view price does not drop, I’d spend the $400 on something fun.

Thank you for your response. Actually it's within our budget but I'm wondering if a boardwalk view balcony is as good as an ocean view balcony?

I can't answer that for you, take the cruise and you will have your answer. All cabins are good if they meet your needs. The size is the same.

I kind of think some of the allure of the oasis class ships is the neighborhood areas. We opted for the boardwalk balcony, but chose to go up higher, I think we went with deck 12. I wondered if there was a lot of light coming from the neighborhoods at night, or if we had lights on the balcony. I am quite intrigued so we went with those over the ocean view just because I can get the oceanview balcony on any cruise ship.

We did a boardwalk balcony on Harmony.......

Never again!

We missed the ocean view and it was strange seeing the cabins across from you all the time. Especially the guy with binoculars!!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by Beachammo

Thank you for your response. Actually it's within our budget but I'm wondering if a boardwalk view balcony is as good as an ocean view balcony?

"as good as" is totally subjective. We would pay the $400 for the ocean view.

They have been offering extra perks and reasonable prices on the Central Park balcony rooms.We did one on Oasis and Allure and were very pleased. We have another one booked on Oasis for Halloween at a great price!

I don't know, this looks like water in these pictures:

From Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729, in Jamaica

We have stayed in a Boardwalk balcony twice. If you get one of the last 5 or so aft, there is a water view. It's a unique cabin and we did it because you can get an ocean view on every ship. We never felt "creepy", but maybe the guy with binoculars wasn't on our cruises.

We enjoyed it , never felt the noise was an issue, and unless you are planning to join the balcony club, privacy was not an issue. But we have also stayed in Promenade rooms :) .

Value of $400 is a personal thing, but we never experienced any of the things people hammer the Boardwalk balconies for.

The biggest issue to us : If you are all the way aft, that hallway is lllloooonnngggg -- and gets longer every day :')

mac_tlc

Ocean view balcony is always nice. Not everybody likes the neighborhood balconies, but we enjoy them. I suspect your four year old would like watching the people and activity on the boardwalk. Personally I like to be closer to the aqua theater though it is a longer walk from the elevators.

When is your cruise? If a while off, here’s what I’d do. I’d probably book the boardwalk balcony, then I’d watch availability closely. If a better located boardwalk cabin came available, I’d switch to it. If the price of the ocean view balcony dropped, I’d move to that. If the ocean view price does not drop, I’d spend the $400 on something fun.

This. We booked a pair of virtual balconies for our March 31 spring break cruise because the cost of OV balconies were so darn expensive. We've never sailed without a balcony but the price for two rooms was prohibitive and we were going to make the most of it. About two months out, the cost of OV balconies dropped to just a little more than the VB and the Boardwalk balcony was actually less. I upgraded to one OV and one Boardwalk balcony for free! So,

You never know. I think they price them high to see if they sell. Good luck!!

We keep our curtains open all day and most nights. I undress and dress in the cabin and do not have to worry about people seeing in my cabin in ocean view. Boardwalk is like living in an apartment complex with a view of the ocean but not direct. We put our kids in boardwalk across from us and they hated it too. I do not even use the balcony much but it is so nice to be out there in your pjs pulling into ports and watching it all with privacy. Usually it is only a few hundred dollar difference but $400 is a lot.

Check out my video of the boardwalk balcony I had. This was the view from my Allure cabin 14-307. I enjoyed the view and actually got to see the ocean. I agree it's not as good as a real oceanview balcony, but it's better than inside or oceanview cabin, as at least you get fresh air.

My wife and I skip around between oceanview and boardwalk balconies on Oasis class ships. If you can get one of the 5 or 6 cabins closest to the aft you still get a pretty nice ocean view if you can manage I'd say decks 10-12. Not as much so on Harmony because the Abyss slides can get in the way. Yes you do look across at other balconies so you'd want to be mindful of your state of dress. The one thing that we love, is that at night you can still see things going on from your balcony. On an oceanview balcony, all you see is darkness at night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

My wife and I skip around between oceanview and boardwalk balconies on Oasis class ships. If you can get one of the 5 or 6 cabins closest to the aft you still get a pretty nice ocean view if you can manage I'd say decks 10-12. Not as much so on Harmony because the Abyss slides can get in the way. Yes you do look across at other balconies so you'd want to be mindful of your state of dress. The one thing that we love, is that at night you can still see things going on from your balcony. On an oceanview balcony, all you see is darkness at night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You get the stars/moon and the sounds of the ocean instead of the merry go round/movie.

But to each their own......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk