24hr Hold?

Saw this on the new website and tried a few dummy bookings without any luck putting any cruise on a 24hr hold.

Has anyone been successful?

I hope it's an option once Royal gets the site up and running correctly.

a10b1247c2fdb99f2ef7c8fbbba8b50a.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Saw the same thing, probably mistake. They ended 24 hr hold while back....

Don't believe it was in error.

They actually placed it on the front page.

Even Royal would of caught it if it was incorrect.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Don't believe it was in error.

They actually placed it on the front page.

Even Royal would of caught it if it was incorrect.

That be great if they are going start it up again. For yrs I used it. Watch for cabin opening that I like in an existing reservation. Done 200+ nites in Radiance class Aft Corner's,100+ nites reserved. I'd put hold on it then change it to an existing Reservation in AM...

That be great if they are going start it up again. For yrs I used it. Watch for cabin opening that I like, 200+ nites in Aft Corner's. Put hold on it then change it to an existing Reservation in AM...
We think alike.......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I used it and it worked for me yesterday

Where on the site did it ask you if you wanted to "hold" the cruise? It use to be where it asked for your credit card deposit.

It showed on mine for Symphony, didn't try to see if it worked, came up on a new page called Dashboard I hadn't seen before. What is the purpose of using the 24hr reservation ?

To provide time to check with other going if that selection is OK for them, confirm vacation time or travel to cruise port arrangements like flights.

That be great if they are going start it up again. For yrs I used it. Watch for cabin opening that I like in an existing reservation. Done 200+ nites in Radiance class Aft Corner's,100+ nites reserved. I'd put hold on it then change it to an existing Reservation in AM...

I used to do this often...especially late at night here on the west coast. My favorite situation was a couple of times when I could grab a FOV for less than the usual occupancy and put 3 of my family members in them. Did this twice on Radiance to Alaska moving them from ocean view to the #8500. The 1st time I was able to do this was 3 months out from our sail date and when I called the next morning they said that cabin had been released through a computer glitch but RCI allowed it...so not all glitch's are bad.

I used to do this often...especially late at night here on the west coast. My favorite situation was a couple of times when I could grab a FOV for less than the usual occupancy and put 3 of my family members in them. Did this twice on Radiance to Alaska moving them from ocean view to the #8500. The 1st time I was able to do this was 3 months out from our sail date and when I called the next morning they said that cabin had been released through a computer glitch but RCI allowed it...so not all glitch's are bad.

Agree, on west coast time myself most of yr. Really helped when new cruise dates released in middle of nite when others are sleeping. Retired now and surf prices while family sleeps. Got away with few Glitches myself. Couple yrs ago had a 12nite Repo 2bd/2bath suite and all to myself for less then cost of Balcony cabin as was also priced to have 2 sales on it at same time. Got lucky, within few hrs online Royal corrected prices, except for those that already onhold/purchased....

A few weeks ago, our travel agent told us we could put two rooms on hold because it was the end of the month and knew the prices would go up the next day and I just wanted to check with my kids to make sure the dates were going to work... (two rooms next to each other) well, something happened and one of the rooms was "booked" out from under us and we had trouble finding two more rooms next to each other AND we missed out on the price discount on one of the rooms because we had to pick another and didn't get the discount. No one could explain why/how it happened and our agent said she would no longer offer a complimentary 24 hr hold.

A few weeks ago, our travel agent told us we could put two rooms on hold because it was the end of the month and knew the prices would go up the next day and I just wanted to check with my kids to make sure the dates were going to work... (two rooms next to each other) well, something happened and one of the rooms was "booked" out from under us and we had trouble finding two more rooms next to each other AND we missed out on the price discount on one of the rooms because we had to pick another and didn't get the discount. No one could explain why/how it happened and our agent said she would no longer offer a complimentary 24 hr hold.

So sorry this happened. I never use a TA and all my 24 hour holds I've done myself on line with RCI and received a booking number...never a problem.

So sorry this happened. I never use a TA and all my 24 hour holds I've done myself on line with RCI and received a booking number...never a problem.

Thanks! I’ve learned my lesson. Actually, I researched the cruise, found our rooms, etc. all myself on the RC website and decided to call an agent to make sure I didn’t miss anything (better deals) and so she basically didn’t have to do anything, I could’ve done it all myself AND if I’d done it myself, I would’ve just booked the rooms that first day and not bothered with a hold. So, basically, using a TA just caused me more problems and more money. Then, when she told me there were no rooms available next to each other (after she lost our other room), I found two right next to each other on another website and had to tell her about them to get them switched! 🤦*♀️ Never again! I’m sure that’s not the norm, but very frustrating!

The "old" website would let you put a 24 hr hold, but not always. I don't remember the time frame, but I think it was within 60 or 30 days of sailing that there was no 24 hr hold.

That being said, TA's can always do the 24hr hold.

Thanks! I’ve learned my lesson. Actually, I researched the cruise, found our rooms, etc. all myself on the RC website and decided to call an agent to make sure I didn’t miss anything (better deals) and so she basically didn’t have to do anything, I could’ve done it all myself AND if I’d done it myself, I would’ve just booked the rooms that first day and not bothered with a hold. So, basically, using a TA just caused me more problems and more money. Then, when she told me there were no rooms available next to each other (after she lost our other room), I found two right next to each other on another website and had to tell her about them to get them switched! 🤦*♀️ Never again! I’m sure that’s not the norm, but very frustrating!

Could not imagine not using a travel agent. The one I use is always cheaper then booking with royal because they get group rates and gratuities are always free with royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could not imagine not using a travel agent. The one I use is always cheaper then booking with royal because they get group rates and gratuities are always free with royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being a part time travel agent, the 24 hour hold is really about 72 hours. I can book a cruise and the deposit isn't really due for 2 to 3 days. Another reason to use a t/a, just sayn