Five night Canada/New England cruise- what to do on sea days?

Vacationdreamer<><

I associate cruising with sunbathing and beach hopping. My mom turns 70 this year and I know she’d be delighted to do a quick cruise out of NY. I’m looking at the Regal five night 10/27 but it has two ports and two sea days. What does one do on a sea day if they aren’t soaking up rays watching MUTS? [emoji6]

Thank you

What would you do on a cruise and it rained and you could not sunbath? There is trivia, demonstrations, spa, entertainment, bingo, talks on the ports and excursions, take a deck of cards, sometimes there are games (scrabble, checkers) in the library.

What would you do on a cruise and it rained and you could not sunbath? There is trivia, demonstrations, spa, entertainment, bingo, talks on the ports and excursions, take a deck of cards, sometimes there are games (scrabble, checkers) in the library.

I’d be devastated if it rained.

I guess I’d read a book and drink coffee as plan B. It just doesn’t sound like a fun plan A.

Do they have special day time entertainment on sea days.

I’m asking seriously.

I’ve only been on five cruises and all sea day activities have be sunshine-soaking-focused (ropes courses and water slides on some ships and pools and MUTS on others).

Hmmmm maybe Regal has mini-golf? Off to check.

Everyone has different expectations when it comes to cruising. As for sunbathing, those of us who are older and make regular visits to a dermatologist for a skin check (and pre-cancerous spots removed) generally stay away from the sun, beaches, etc. It’s not a question of whether but when those who go out in the sun will do the same.

I cruise to be on the ship. I enjoy relaxing and reading, meeting new friends, attending lectures, etc. To me, cruising means being on a ship at sea and being rocked to sleep at night.

Similar to Alaska cruises and other Northern European destinations. Much cruising takes place outside the Caribbean and warm climates. There is so much to do and they ensure lots of activities

Even in the warmer climates I barely find time to lay out in the sun...