Skagway Excursion: GLACIER DISCOVERY BY HELICOPTER

Jeter02

Did the pilots choice tour over 20 years ago. It was expensive, but one of the highlights of all our cruises. We made 2 landings on the glacier, including one with the most amazing waterfall. My advice would be: DO IT!

It's been about 20 years since we did it also. I agree, it is a MUST DO!

I've down the glacier trek last year on the glacier which was fantastic. I'm hoping this meets the same expectations. I do like that it is not strictly a flight, but you are given 2 opportunities to walk on two different glaciers. I am very excited, as I did book it earlier today and got the last spot available!!!!! :)

I have read lots on the ports of call page on the excursion section. I was just hoping to hear from someone who has actually experienced it first hand. Always a better way to sway my decision making. :)

We didn't do one with the ship but we chartered a heli out of Anchorage before we took the train to Seward for the cruise. It is really great. We weren't far from Anchorage but it was like walking on another planet. You will love it.

While we did not do this excursion, last year we took the Helicopter tour to the summer dog camp on the glaciers out of Skagway. It's one of the top 5 travel experiences of our lifetime. Enjoyed it so much that this year we are doing the helicopter bear search out of Juneau. You won't regret going, even at those prices.

While we did not do this excursion, last year we took the Helicopter tour to the summer dog camp on the glaciers out of Skagway. It's one of the top 5 travel experiences of our lifetime. Enjoyed it so much that this year we are doing the helicopter bear search out of Juneau. You won't regret going, even at those prices.

YES!!!! I did that one as well last year. What a winter wonderland magical day that was.

We did the helicopter glacier excursion in Juneau years ago on the Sun....as with everyone else, it was the highlight of our cruise.

Last year I did the glacier Trek in Juno. I currently have booked the Pilots Choice Ice Age exploration looked for this summer in Juneau. Thought of possibly adding this guy on and Skagway.

We did the Princess Helicopter Tour to Mendenhall Glacier in August about ten years ago. It was wonderful. Was expensive but would repeat in an instant. There were also companies selling tours at the dock..not sure costs or safety.

We wore layers..fleece with waterproof on top. Forgot to take woolly hat and gloves but suggest you take them. Wore trainers . We were given 'over boots' by the company when we reached helicopter station.

Helicopters set off in groups of six and flew out and back together. Felt very safe even though hadn't done a helicopter tour previously.

Enjoy.

We did the plane from talkertna landing on glacier and the helicopter from Skagway landing on glacier. First one a snow glacier , second one an ice glacier. Both amazing. Probably better scenery on the Talkeetna. Note with the helicopter u have no choice on where u sent and they don’t rotate seats (first time I have seen that)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the Princess Helicopter Tour to Mendenhall Glacier in August about ten years ago. It was wonderful. Was expensive but would repeat in an instant. There were also companies selling tours at the dock..not sure costs or safety.

We wore layers..fleece with waterproof on top. Forgot to take woolly hat and gloves but suggest you take them. Wore trainers . We were given 'over boots' by the company when we reached helicopter station.

Helicopters set off in groups of six and flew out and back together. Felt very safe even though hadn't done a helicopter tour previously.

Enjoy.

Thank you. Flying over the glaciers in general is absolutely stunning and amazing. I'm very excited.

We did the plane from talkertna landing on glacier and the helicopter from Skagway landing on glacier. First one a snow glacier , second one an ice glacier. Both amazing. Probably better scenery on the Talkeetna. Note with the helicopter u have no choice on where u sent and they don’t rotate seats (first time I have seen that)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I did about 5 helicopter tours last summer, in Alaska. Lucky for me I'm always the lightweight so usually I tend to get placed in the cockpit seat. Which has one of the most amazing views. I'm I'm looking forward to this excursion.

We did chopper ride in Juneau last summer. Circled Mendenhall glacier and landed then went dog sledding on glacier. kids got to play with pups and ride all around with dog sled team. I have pics if you want to see them. We did zip line and rock climbing in Skagway last year.

We did chopper ride in Juneau last summer. Circled Mendenhall glacier and landed then went dog sledding on glacier. kids got to play with pups and ride all around with dog sled team. I have pics if you want to see them. We did zip line and rock climbing in Skagway last year.

OMG!!! The dog sledding and playing with the puppies was definitely a magnificent and wonderful memory I will forever cherish from my visit last year. I did mine in Skagway.