What do you do with the TILES?

ithaca gal

I just saw a question on another thread that asked "What do you do with the tiles?"

We are getting quite a nice collection of them but they are just sitting in a cabinet for now. Has anyone done anything creative and/or useful with them?

I use mine as coasters on my dining room table.

My parents used theirs in their guest bath remodel. They are part of the back wall of the tiled shower enclosure. In fact, my mother picked the colors of that bathroom based on the tiles.

I just saw a question on another thread that asked "What do you do with the tiles?"

We are getting quite a nice collection of them but they are just sitting in a cabinet for now. Has anyone done anything creative and/or useful with them?

There are a lot of them for sale on ebay. FYI

I purchased a couple of wooden trays and glued the tiles to the bottom. Now when I serve coffee to guests, I use my HAL tray. I’ve got enough tiles left to do a few more trays, so will have to get busy!

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I purchased a couple of wooden trays and glued the tiles to the bottom. Now when I serve coffee to guests, I use my HAL tray. I’ve got enough tiles left to do a few more trays, so will have to get busy!

I glued the tiles on the bottom, not to the bottom (underneath).

This is what I had been planning to do ...... now I'll see what other options I have! :)

We don't collect them. Not something I want. Just more junk to sit in a cupboard.

Agreed. I only had 1 because it was the first one given to me and I had no idea what was in the box. "Had" because I threw it away. Since then, I've refused them.

We've made a large serving tray in the same fashion as you have used. We've a good number of tiles for the next one.

My in-laws throw them out or simply leave them on board.

My in-laws throw them out or simply leave them on board.

If a passenger doesn't want them, it's better not to take them in the first place than it is to add to the landfills by throwing them away (or leaving them for someone else to throw away).

If a passenger doesn't want them, it's better not to take them in the first place than it is to add to the landfills by throwing them away (or leaving them for someone else to throw away).

We redid our bathrrom a while ago and I chose some of my HAL tiles I like best and had them inserted into the pattern of tiles on my shower walls. I love them there and each time I shower , I have pleasure from them.

We redid our bathrrom a while ago and I chose some of my HAL tiles I like best and had them inserted into the pattern of tiles on my shower walls. I love them there and each time I shower , I have pleasure from them.

I really like this idea!

I really like this idea!

I'm glad. I wasn't sure when I first thought to do it but I am very happy I did. I layed them out on a table so my contractor could see the order in which I wanted them placed.

We use them as coasters, too. One is a spoon rest on the stove. Others are in a Longaberger basket as treasured souvenirs of our HAL cruises. The newer, art deco tiles we have given away. Much prefer the "old" Delft tile look of the individual ships. We also have one issued for the Rotterdam's inaugural Canada/New England season.