Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

This morning our plan is to get ready, have some breakfast and head over to the port around 11am. Usually when sailing RCI we always aim to be at the port by 10 am, however, thanks to recent tips by Frank808 and a few others, we've decided that 11am might be better to avoid some of that confusion that others have experienced. Hubby is grateful as that means more time in bed for him. [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would shoot for an 11:30 arrival at the YC tent. The first wave at 11:00 always seems chaotic.

It’s a beautiful day! Enjoy every minute of it. You are going to love the YC and I can’t wait to read your impressions. By the way, the internet works marvelously! Enjoy![emoji3]

It is a beautiful, sunny day today! And thank you! Fingers crossed for that internet [emoji4]

I would shoot for an 11:30 arrival at the YC tent. The first wave at 11:00 always seems chaotic.

Ok...thank you again for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hotel looks beautiful! I see you can't sleep on cruise day either, (who can?). Enjoy!!!

I've been awake since 3am! [emoji38]

Hubby is another story. He has no trouble sleeping in on cruise day. It will still be a while before we actually get going....

Interesting comments about using other cards to keep the lights on. In April on the Seaside only the SeaPass card worked.

Most regular cards will not work. Evidently InterContinental uses a similar RFID card that works in the cabins, at least it did for us. Be careful as on MSC leaving the card in may give the cabin steward cause not to service the cabin, this was not a problem in the YC.

Most regular cards will not work. Evidently InterContinental uses a similar RFID card that works in the cabins, at least it did for us. Be careful as on MSC leaving the card in may give the cabin steward cause not to service the cabin, this was not a problem in the YC.

Does the card in the slot also control the air conditioning? Meaning if there is no card in the slot, does the air turn off?

Does the card in the slot also control the air conditioning? Meaning if there is no card in the slot, does the air turn off?

I cannot say for sure, I do not remember the a/c turning off when we left no card in. The cabin seemed to maintain consistent temperature without it in. Perhaps if you had the thermostat set to extreme low it might revert to "normal" when you left. For me it was more a problem with the lights while I was in the cabin as I don't like leaving the card in the slot due to leaving the cabin a few times forgetting it there and then having to get someone to let me back in. I did not like the wristband and did not use it.

1d520c46b2f73f3f9ec2e3b3e71d1709.jpg

Phew! Finally on board and somewhat settled. Drinks so far...2. This margarita and champagne earlier in the boarding area. Service great so far, boarding process not so smooth. More on that later. Right now, going to enjoy this margarita and have some lunch.

I'd also love to hear more about your hotel.

We usually stay at Marriott properties, but our favorite hotel (JW Marriott Marquis) is pricey for our upcoming cruise in January. We have a reservation, but will probably change, especially if our flight gets in later in the day.

We had the pleasure of cruising on MSC Divina in September 2018. Our TA set us up at the InterContinental before departure, facing the port. Divina was there when we woke :) and we have great pictures of lounging poolside at the hotel, with the ship seen just above the building's railing.

Near the hotel, we enjoyed Ceviche 105 (the portions are HUGE - be mindful).

When returning to MIA, we were at the Four Seasons. Another very nice place. The pool is quite special, with a section where there are hammocks to relax in... with your butt sloshing in the water. That and a cool drink is just... wow!

If Richard is still at the Top Sail Bar please ask him if he has “perfected” making a Cocorita yet! [emoji15] (He and Gede tried, but didn’t quite get there.)

So far we have met Victor and Arthur. And we have managed to make dinner reservations with Arthur each night!

There are buttons next to the card slot to indicate DND, Make up room, etc. Also, the cards are now encoded with what it takes to make the lights, etc operate so other cards will not work like before. We asked for an extra blank card from the concierge to use so we would not leave our card by mistake. Enjoy each moment!!

Embarkation day lunch:

dd5acbe7562072a751aa8d7d29ef9f7c.jpg09808a72866617720a17f4e7b419a460.jpg

Minestrone Soup:

5ea37426aee6b8510e7b270b9e1ba24b.jpg

Bay scallop and mango cocktail:

ab88622f8553347a136654cd1f6a7b94.jpg

Chicken Caesar Salad:

25ebc26a362fd7f69c45c797b972a7ff.jpg

Sea Bass Fillet:

a5657b069aaa010eadf8ff9e94158c15.jpg

So far so good. The food is fresh. Taste is a bit on the salty side (but that is highly subjective). Arthur is super friendly. Off to check out or cabin shortly.

So far we have met Victor and Arthur. And we have managed to make dinner reservations with Arthur each night!

We enjoyed getting to know Arthur on our B2B cruises on Divina last July. Would you mind asking him how long he'll be on board? We would love to see him again when we sail in mid-September. He is great!

We also loved the sommelier on Divina--Dechen was her name (I believe that is the correct spelling). I'd be curious to know if she is now on Seaside, and if so, how long she'll be on board. When she realized my wife liked Chianti like she does, she brought us a special bottle and a third glass (so she could have a taste as well). Very sweet lady! If she is there, please tell her that Susan and Ed say hello.

Yay it's cruise day!!!! You're just getting on and we are on page 5 already. :D

Was just thinking the same thing. It must be the teacher in her. Hey, S., I hope you don't give your students that much homework!😁

We had the pleasure of cruising on MSC Divina in September 2018. Our TA set us up at the InterContinental before departure, facing the port. Divina was there when we woke :) and we have great pictures of lounging poolside at the hotel, with the ship seen just above the building's railing.

Near the hotel, we enjoyed Ceviche 105 (the portions are HUGE - be mindful).

When returning to MIA, we were at the Four Seasons. Another very nice place. The pool is quite special, with a section where there are hammocks to relax in... with your butt sloshing in the water. That and a cool drink is just... wow!

Thanks for the info.

Interesting that you mentioned the Four Seasons. A few years ago we started staying one more night to extend our vacation a little bit longer. I hate rushing to the airport after a week of relaxing. Usually pick a very nice hotel since we're there for most of the day. I was looking at the Four Seasons, especially because their pool looks so nice. :)