Another Status Match Question

Sixtytwo

Sorry if this has been asked previously.

We are considering an MSC cruise, our first. We are platinum on CCL. So, assuming we would ask for a "status match" before our MSC cruise. For the sake of this question, we take a 7 day cruise on MSC. At the start of the cruise, I assume we would be "MSC Match Status". But, at the end of that 7-day cruise, would we be "MSC Match Status + 7" or on our next MSC cruise would we be "New MSC cruiser status"?

I hope this make sense! :o

Sorry if this has been asked previously.

We are considering an MSC cruise, our first. We are platinum on CCL. So, assuming we would ask for a "status match" before our MSC cruise. For the sake of this question, we take a 7 day cruise on MSC. At the start of the cruise, I assume we would be "MSC Match Status". But, at the end of that 7-day cruise, would we be "MSC Match Status + 7" or on our next MSC cruise would we be "New MSC cruiser status"?

I hope this make sense! :o

Hmmm, lets see if I can decipher lol. If you status match to CCL platinum you will be MSC Gold. At the end of the cruise you will still be gold. They will add the points from the trip to your current gold status until you get to 10,000 points which will get you Black status. You must cruise at least once every 3 years with MSC to keep the status match.

• Thanks 1

MSC goes by points (higher points for escalating levels of service. We met a couple on our cruise on Seaside in March in YC who matched to Silver, based on being Gold on CCL. They were given the base level points for the Silver level. After the one-week cruise, they both had earned enough points to be mad Gold on MSC for their next cruise. In your cae, you would be like us and matched to Gold. Given the points requirement from Gold to Black, you would probably need three weeks of MSC cruises to move up., if that makes sense.

Hmmm, lets see if I can decipher lol. If you status match to CCL platinum you will be MSC Gold. At the end of the cruise you will still be gold. They will add the points from the trip to your current gold status until you get to 10,000 points which will get you Black status. You must cruise at least once every 3 years with MSC to keep the status match.

MSC goes by points (higher points for escalating levels of service. We met a couple on our cruise on Seaside in March in YC who matched to Silver, based on being Gold on CCL. They were given the base level points for the Silver level. After the one-week cruise, they both had earned enough points to be mad Gold on MSC for their next cruise. In your cae, you would be like us and matched to Gold. Given the points requirement from Gold to Black, you would probably need three weeks of MSC cruises to move up., if that makes sense.

her is the maths for your statement

match to silver = 2200

add on 7 nights in YC = 1500

bonus points for joining before the cruise = 100

on board spend of more than each $900 = 600

TOTAL 4400 points gives GOLD (4299 - 9999 points)

to get from GOLD to BLACK needs 5700 more points, which. as you say will need something like 3 x 7 night cruises in the Yacht Club with $600 spend 3 x 1500 plus 3 x 400 = 5700

Pete

Here's my question… I am matched to black on MSC. I booked my cruise. I know I have to cruise every three years to retain status. What if I cruised again in two years then another two years but then I missed over three years.

I am assuming I would start over with only the number of points I had actually earned by cruising on MSC.

Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's my question… I am matched to black on MSC. I booked my cruise. I know I have to cruise every three years to retain status. What if I cruised again in two years then another two years but then I missed over three years.

I am assuming I would start over with only the number of points I had actually earned by cruising on MSC.

Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time you cruise the expiry date is reset to be 3 years after the cruise so in your scenario the reset dates would be, assuming you cruise today,

your new expiry would be july 2021

then if you cruise again in sept 2020 the expiry would be reset to sept 2023

hen if you cruised in june 2022 the expiry would be reset to june 2025

so you would go back to zero points and loose your black status if you didn't cruise again between june 2022 and june 2025

Is there a way to figure out the match from Celebrity to MSC?

Does anyone know the threshold of gold vs black

TYIA

As I understand ELITE and above go to Black

And SELECT goes to Gold

This information is about 2 years old and the levels at which they match may have been readjusted but it is an indicator of where the threshold may be.

We just now got our notice email, CCL Elite = BLACK MSC and we are thrilled!

Not sure where the breakout point is. I asked CCL to send me a confirmation letter of our status and then added that letter to Status Match form. Took 1 week.

We just now got our notice email, CCL Elite = BLACK MSC and we are thrilled!

Not sure where the breakout point is. I asked CCL to send me a confirmation letter of our status and then added that letter to Status Match form. Took 1 week.

I am assuming you mean Celebrity Elite because CCL is Carnival and they don't have elite.

As I understand ELITE and above go to Black

And SELECT goes to Gold

This information is about 2 years old and the levels at which they match may have been readjusted but it is an indicator of where the threshold may be.

TY.

Pretty smart on MSC to try and draw away loyalty from other lines--especially as they try to grow the brand in north America

TY. Helpful. :)

Not to put too fine a point on it... when a status is matched.. is it matched via some point algorithmic thing....

When one is close to moving over to the next tier in Captains Club --which makes the difference between Gold and Black....is it worth waiting

AND

when matched --is one matched at the bottom of that match--ie 4300 pts (gold) vs say 6800 pts etc... the next break is 10000.

Clear as mud?

Edited by Fogfog

TY. Helpful. :)

Not to put too fine a point on it... when a status is matched.. is it matched via some point algorithmic thing....

When one is close to moving over to the next tier in Captains Club --which makes the difference between Gold and Black....is it worth waiting

AND

when matched --is one matched at the bottom of that match--ie 4300 pts (gold) vs say 6800 pts etc... the next break is 10000.

Clear as mud?

They match by what they perceive are equivalent benefits

not by any numerical methodology

When matched you receive the bottom number of points for the match you get

Classic 1

silver 2200

Gold 4300

Black 10000

I would only wait if you are likely to get match to black instead of gold

you can get from silver to gold in one cruise

but gold to silver is likely to take 3 or 4 seven night cruises

match to silver = 2200

add on 7 nights in YC = 1500

bonus points for joining before the cruise = 100

on board spend of more than each $900 = 600

TOTAL 4400 points gives GOLD (4299 - 9999 points)

to get from GOLD to BLACK needs 5600 more points, which.will need something like 3 x 7 night cruises in the Yacht Club with $600 spend; 3 x 1500 plus 3 x 400 = 5700

Edited by Skier52