NCL Haven compared to MSC Yacht Club

hbe

Still drafting my cruise review from sailing in the Yacht Club on the Seaside, 7-14 July, but short version is we are already booked again on the Seaside in the Yacht Club for next July...absolutely loved it! Have about 12 NCL cruises under our belt, to include the Haven. Both are great experiences, but I give the nod to the Yacht Club for all the extra details, especially considering the hefty price of the Haven. Hope to have my review posted next week.

Still drafting my cruise review from sailing in the Yacht Club on the Seaside, 7-14 July, but short version is we are already booked again on the Seaside in the Yacht Club for next July...absolutely loved it! Have about 12 NCL cruises under our belt, to include the Haven. Both are great experiences, but I give the nod to the Yacht Club for all the extra details, especially considering the hefty price of the Haven. Hope to have my review posted next week.

I just put a deposit down for the Seaside for May 2019. Do you by chance know if the YC will make special request dinners for a vegetarians?

Looking forward to your review.

I just put a deposit down for the Seaside for May 2019. Do you by chance know if the YC will make special request dinners for a vegetarians?

Looking forward to your review.

Just answered your question on another thread. Lots of dishes on menus are marked "V". Should have no problems.

Thank you for all your replies. Booked the Seaside YC today for Feb 23 sailing. Looking forward to it. I have sailed about 5-6 times in the Haven and the price keeps going up and the service keeps going down. My last cruise in the Haven we hardly saw our butler nor the concierge.

Seems like we have our own little club of NCL Havenites who are trying MSC YC.

I have booked for 5/11/19 and have told myself to go with an open mind and embrace the things MSC does differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on the Escape in the Haven and the Divina in the YC. Even if the Haven was 1/2 the price of the YC we’d choose the YC. The areas assigned to the YC and the Haven are so different. On the Divina, the YC outdoor space is so much more inviting. The Haven’s courtyard atmosphere to us was dismal in comparison. The service from the staff in the YC was so welcoming and attentive that we felt we weren’t worthy of so much attention. It spoiled us so much that as soon as we got home from our Divina cruise, we invited our daughter, her husband, daughter and son to go with us next July in the YC on the Seaside to celebrate our 50th. I just hope we don’t ruin them from cruising like it did us. We won’t cruise again unless it’s in the YC. We don’t cruise very often, so it’s not too hard to save up that extra.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been in the Haven on BA, Epic and Jewel class ships. Epic was probably my favorite, but all pale in comparison to the facilities of YC on Seaside. The specific things I liked were the restaurant lunch and dinner menu that changes daily, the pool is on the top deck of the complex with ocean views and a nearby grill, and the lower chance of being invaded by children which is somewhat encouraged by the Haven designs. Thermal area spa passes are included with all YC cabins. Seaside's YC lounge is much more inviting but I have not been on post Escape BA+ ships, I expect those Haven lounges are now similar. I also like the deluxe beverage plan alcohol choices better than what NCL currently offers. Service on both lines has been equally good.

The major differences I found were that your butler will not be around as much and the butlers share duties throughout the YC complex. We actually developed better relationships with other butlers. The concierges work more as a team, I'm not really sure who was the lead as I don't really ask for much from them. Other differences are MSC wide, which will take a little time to get used to. Things like when invitations and perks are delivered to the cabin. My only annoyance with MSC so far is getting a different answer from each staff you talk to and a general unwillingness to stand up and make a decision without approval from someone who has to get back to you after it is too late to matter anyway - unless you can get the attention of the section manager, hotel director or above.

Seaside's YC is, in my opinion, much better than Divina and I will be able to compare it to Meraviglia in a bit. I am afraid that as on Divina the Meraviglia may be physically smaller for the number of passengers - this is all relative though as YC guests have a large section of all the ships. I also have cruises booked on Divina and Meraviglia in standard cabins due to this, to me YC is not mandatory but a nice indulgence.

Edited by Até
Typo

Thank You I told my husband about the open mini bar in the YC suite and he is very excited. :D

The YC butler/stewards will also stock it with beverages of your choice not usually kept in there. Particularly the beers as any requested spirits would have to be available in mini bottles.

Makes you wonder why so many people were paying those absurd prices for the Haven on NCL. Perhaps NCL will notice that others are doing the experience for half as much. You can do a luxury cruise sailing for the prices NCL is charging for the Haven.

Seems like we have our own little club of NCL Havenites who are trying MSC YC.

I have booked for 5/11/19 and have told myself to go with an open mind and embrace the things MSC does differently.

I will miss you again! We sail two weeks after you. Wait, selfish me loves your reviews I can read your great tips before we leave! I would love to hear your take on YC vs Haven experience since we have both sailed Haven on NCL. I don't think the Suite experience even comes close since it is w/o Haven restaurant etc.

Makes you wonder why so many people were paying those absurd prices for the Haven on NCL. Perhaps NCL will notice that others are doing the experience for half as much. You can do a luxury cruise sailing for the prices NCL is charging for the Haven.

Actually many are experiencing the NCL Haven for half as much. Through bidding.

But NCL's escalating Haven prices was a major factor for many, myself included, to seek other options... like MSC YC. I am looking forward to trying it!

I will miss you again! We sail two weeks after you. Wait, selfish me loves your reviews I can read your great tips before we leave! I would love to hear your take on YC vs Haven experience since we have both sailed Haven on NCL. I don't think the Suite experience even comes close since it is w/o Haven restaurant etc.

I saw our sailings were close. Being 2 weeks we have the same itinerary, right?

I chose this one because I have never been to San Juan.

Also, last year my sis, niece and I went on Epic to St Thomas. I wanted to go to St. John but our time window was short. On Seaside I think I might be able to make it work.

I like St. Maarten, so will probably go in search of dutch chocolate or some French cafes.

I think I will stay on board Nassau day.

I booked the thermal spa on Epic and we were disappointed. I love spas, I will have a few massages. I like a zen spa experience but Epic was anything but! A lot of loud drinkers. Ceramic loungers and day beds were always packed. People camped out all day.

I do like trivia. Have not heard a thing if MSC has it.

I am looking forward to hanging out in the YC and relaxing.

This is my first solo.

Actually many are experiencing the NCL Haven for half as much. Through bidding.

But NCL's escalating Haven prices was a major factor for many, myself included, to seek other options... like MSC YC. I am looking forward to trying it!

You will love the Yacht Club .... I have done two this past year among 8 Havens in the last 4 years.

I love the fact that it really is quite different from the Haven. I honestly have to say I enjoy both equally but for different reasons!

Haven prices truly are ridiculous but I wouldn't get myself too upset at what other Havenites are "supposedly" paying. There may be some exceptions but the bidding mentality really takes over for many, if not most. That's why NCL LOVES the program - the majority end up paying pretty much the same as if they would have booked the Haven at full fare but without the perks. I think a lot of people would be embarrassed to tell you what they finally ended up paying.

When they did upsells, they indeed were Suites available at ridiculously low prices. No more.

...I do like trivia. Have not heard a thing if MSC has it. ...

Seaside has at least one, most often two, sessions per day. You can see the times in the daily planners. They were usually well attended and it's easy to join groups.

You will love the Yacht Club .... I have done two this past year among 8 Havens in the last 4 years.

I love the fact that it really is quite different from the Haven. I honestly have to say I enjoy both equally but for different reasons!

Haven prices truly are ridiculous but I wouldn't get myself too upset at what other Havenites are "supposedly" paying. There may be some exceptions but the bidding mentality really takes over for many, if not most. That's why NCL LOVES the program - the majority end up paying pretty much the same as if they would have booked the Haven at full fare but without the perks. I think a lot of people would be embarrassed to tell you what they finally ended up paying.

When they did upsells, they indeed were Suites available at ridiculously low prices. No more.

Thank you for your insight. Much appreciated.

I am excited to try something new.

Seaside has at least one, most often two, sessions per day. You can see the times in the daily planners. They were usually well attended and it's easy to join groups.

Thank you. Have enjoyed playing on previous cruises and have made friends I still keep in touch with.

I saw our sailings were close. Being 2 weeks we have the same itinerary, right?

I chose this one because I have never been to San Juan.

Also, last year my sis, niece and I went on Epic to St Thomas. I wanted to go to St. John but our time window was short. On Seaside I think I might be able to make it work.

I like St. Maarten, so will probably go in search of dutch chocolate or some French cafes.

I think I will stay on board Nassau day.

I booked the thermal spa on Epic and we were disappointed. I love spas, I will have a few massages. I like a zen spa experience but Epic was anything but! A lot of loud drinkers. Ceramic loungers and day beds were always packed. People camped out all day.

I do like trivia. Have not heard a thing if MSC has it.

I am looking forward to hanging out in the YC and relaxing.

This is my first solo.

You are right we will sail two weeks after you. We have been to the ports before so this is mainly a YC cruise for us. In Puerto Rico, we are going to see if the bar we liked by the fort is still there from eons ago. If it has a beer or two and then we will return to the ship. If there is enough port time I want to go over to St. John, if not that is ok as well. I am looking forward to the spa when everyone gets off of the ship in port.;)