Noisey cabin on Carnival Dream

Abovethesod

Hi All.

We have just booked a package that takes us from Belfast Northern Ireland to New Orleans for a few days then unto the Carnival Dream for a 7 day cruise, so far so good. We decided on a balcony cabin and have been "allocated" cabin 9400 which on reading reviews has noise from the Lido floor above.

We can move cabins and even levels but unsure of where would be an improvement noise wise .

We are not overly light sleepers but would not like our first cruise in many years spoilt by chairs scraping at unreasonable hours

Any recommendations for cabins would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill

I’ve been on the Dream, you will love it. :)

If you’re looking to stay on the Vista deck (9) I would book cabins numbered 9300 or lower. The cabins with the higher numbers (anything above 9300) are under the pools and Lido buffet so there will definitely be noise. But the lower numbered cabins (9300 or lower) have cabins above and below them so there shouldn’t be any noise there.

If you’re open to moving around, here are my thoughts on the various cabin choices.

We used to always prefer deck 8 on the Dream class because it has sleeping quarters above and below it and is very quiet. Then we fell in love with the Lido deck. The cabins on the Lido have cabins above and below them. No noise. And the buffet and pool are super close. You can grab a meal and head to your room and eat it in privacy on your own balcony with a glass of wine. But we have now decided our absolute favorite are the spa cabins on decks 11 & 12. It gets you unlimited access to the spa including the thermal suites. The thermal suites have numerous saunas & steam rooms, heated marble loungers, walk-in rainfall style marble showers with numerous jets, and my favorite, the Thelasso therapy pool. It’s a pool with heated bubbly mineral water that has built in loungers to relax on. Absolute heaven on earth. :D And with a spa cabin you get upgraded amenities (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc from the spa), a fancier robe & slippers, upgraded room decor, fancier beach towels, and priority booking in the spa. And since the spa area is for those 18 & up, you rarely see kids on the spa decks so it’s super quiet. And you can walk down the hallway to the spa and use their big walk-in showers instead of using the tiny cabin shower. ;) Hope this helps.