Should I be packing rain gear for the family?

Morgan D

We'll be in the Eastern Caribbean in early June. I'm already taking everything we own and then some, since we are traveling with our under 1 baby. I'm trying to be "conservative" with what we pack (haha). Should I pack rain ponchos for everyone or is this something I can do without?

Other than what you need for the baby....cut in half what you're packing for the two adults....and No you won't need rain gear in the eastern caribbean. If it makes you feel better take the small wrapped plastic ones you can get at most 99 cent stores.

Other than what you need for the baby....cut in half what you're packing for the two adults....and No you won't need rain gear in the eastern caribbean. If it makes you feel better take the small wrapped plastic ones you can get at most 99 cent stores.

Thank you!

We are traveling with our 1 year old this summer and no, we will not pack rain gear. Plenty of indoor things to do on the ship if needed. I may pack a light blanket (muslin type) that could be used to cover up if we are indoors in the chilly a/c.

I agree strongly with “cut what you’re packing for the adults by almost everything” advice. I’ve been on 2-3 cruises a year for the last 3 years, have been packing in a carry on and a purse for most of that, and still dump things off the list every time.

My 10 day cruise in January I packed 2 swim suits, some dresses that worked as suit covers or clothes, one dinner outfit, water shoes and regular sandals and I still had clothes I didn’t wear.

Take what the baby needs, which is everything, but adults are really going to be just fine.

In the tropics, when it rains it’s still hot. If you’re wearing rain gear, you’ll sweat so much you’ll be soaking wet from perspiration and wishing you never put it on. I grew up in the tropics and wondered why people wore raincoats at all. I travel with a compact umbrella. Shirt, shorts and flip flops and you’re good to go rain or shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums