Gift bags

nycruiser1975

So I am making gift bags for all my family members. Pretty much know what to do for the girls. Pashminas in their favorite color since the ship gets cold and flip flops. For the kids coloring books and a few toys. But for the men I don’t have a clue what to get. I want to get them something in their favorite color. Help.

I am also putting in T-shirt’s.

Should they be a solid color or should that be another gift in everyone’s favorite color? Or that is over doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was "over doing it" for me when you said "I'm making gift bags for all my family members". lol Baseball cap for the guys? Or theme socks?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Lol. Did not worry I laughed at myself too. But this is our first one with everyone kids, parents and Grandkids.

Lol! I'm sure the cruise itself will be special enough. I wouldn't expect a "gift" bag, and pretty sure most won't have need of it. Not all flip-flops are created equally...some are slippery when wet...and you do NOT want that on that pool deck! I've seen too many folks slip and fall.

The baseball caps may work or some fun colored/patterned dress socks for when they're in their finery for meals. I'm going on a cruise soon and all of my dress socks are bright, a fun juxtaposition from my suits or slacks and sport coats,which are more conservative.

• 2 weeks later...
So I am making gift bags for all my family members. Pretty much know what to do for the girls. Pashminas in their favorite color since the ship gets cold and flip flops. For the kids coloring books and a few toys. But for the men I don’t have a clue what to get. I want to get them something in their favorite color. Help.

I am also putting in T-shirt’s.

Should they be a solid color or should that be another gift in everyone’s favorite color? Or that is over doing it.

We are also taking our first multi generational cruise in November. I am not purchasing everyone’s shirts, but I did suggest family’s pick a color. We are passing a decal design around so we are all ‘matchy”.

I myself am going to buy some dollar store rafts before we leave.

We as of yes do not know the age of your youngest cruiser...so maybe buckets and shovels that fit in a day bag.

I think that's nice. I am doing something similar. Bags include travel size hand sanitizer and a package of disinfecting wipe, candy and pretzels (you can't get those on ship!).

I am sailing with a 3 and 5 year old. For my oldest grandchild (nearly 6) I am making a large US Map and a World Map that they can carry in their backpack and as they meet people ask them to mark where they live. Thought it would be a fun way to meet people and learn geography. I also made a scavenger hunt for the kids to do with an adult - not me! I bought puzzle books, coloring books and glow necklaces and bracelets. I am counting on Kids Camp to keep them busy! On a Caribbean cruise with the adult kids several years ago I got the guys flowered shirts which they wore grudgingly. The family nixed anything matching this time.

I also made a scavenger hunt for the kids to do with an adult - not me! quote]

Would you mind sharing the scavenger hunt? I’m trying to put an adult on together just for fun.

My cruise planner had no help other than the Internet... so here I am! LOL:p

I also made a scavenger hunt for the kids to do with an adult - not me! quote]

Would you mind sharing the scavenger hunt? I’m trying to put an adult on together just for fun.

My cruise planner had no help other than the Internet... so here I am! LOL:p

Here is what I did for the little ones.

SCAVENGER HUNT.docx

. . . I also made a scavenger hunt for the kids to do with an adult - not me! . . .

We put together a list of 8-10 things to do a "visual scavenger hunt" every day -- a combination of things that we were likely to see in the port we were visiting (flag of the country, a statue we were going to see, etc.) and some other things that were more random (a NY Yankee's cap, a lady in an orange hat, and stuff like that). If DD got everything on the list, she'd get a treat of some sort. It kept her looking around and more engaged while we were out-and-about.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other ideas for fun things for the adults gift bags? I’ve got the kids covered. So far my grown ups are getting: chocolates,night lights,assorted zip locks,hydrogen peroxide wipes. Adults ages are young 30s and 55+( young seniors). I need something fun for them too.

Any other ideas for fun things for the adults gift bags? I’ve got the kids covered. So far my grown ups are getting: chocolates,night lights,assorted zip locks,hydrogen peroxide wipes. Adults ages are young 30s and 55+( young seniors). I need something fun for them too.

What about a water bottle or a stainless steel type cup? Even if they just use the insulated cup to keep ice cold in your room its helpful!

Toss in a pack of post-it-notes and a highlighter.

For the adults: small packets of Tylenol and/or Dramamine. Do you gave tubs in your cabins? If yes, bath bombs or bath salts in an island fragrance (make them yourself) or small jar of body salt scrub (again, diy). Small magnetic dry erase board for each of their cabin doors. Lanyards to hold they cruise Id. For the women, maybe a flower or starfish hair clip.

You could get the waterproof Cell phone pouch/bag. I grabbed those for My husband and I and our parents for our upcoming cruise in January. (They will be Christmas gifts) I got a box of 4 for about $12. The other thing that would be nice to have for any of the groups is the luggage tag holders. They are a plastic sleeve with a cable tie that affix's the tag to luggage without having to tape or staple them. Regular luggage tags could be a nice gift too, if anyone is flying.