No commision for my travel agent ?

Eclex

Nothing wrong with this.

That's the free market; you're auctioning off your booking, and TAs decide whether it's worth bidding on money-for-nothing, and if so, how much.

(If O wasn't in the business of discriminatory pricing it wouldn't happen, so I don't feel sorry for O either...)

Hope you don't do the same thing when deciding on a doctor.

In a way many if not most people do, by factoring in whether a physician participates in their health insurance plan. Using a physician who participates in your insurance plan can result in significantly lower out-of-pocket costs for the patient just as a travel agent can lower the effective cost of a cruise by offering OBC, pre-paid gratuities, rebates and the like.

In a way many if not most people do, by factoring in whether a physician participates in their health insurance plan. Using a physician who participates in your insurance plan can result in significantly lower out-of-pocket costs for the patient just as a travel agent can lower the effective cost of a cruise by offering OBC, pre-paid gratuities, rebates and the like.

but if you have cancer you want the right doctor, not the right plan.

What a ridiculous comparison.

You're getting the exact same end product here (a specific cruise in a specific cabin on a a specific cruiseline), not something that's variable (such as medical treatment).

To be fair, it only does say "10,000 posts" under your name. It makes no claim they're of any quality.

If one rebids every cruise always looking for the top dollar, how much service and loyalty do they expect from their TA?

On some of the very popular cruises, my TA often has me prebooked so to get the cabin We want. Often times, on those cruises, cabins are allocated out to O’s best performing TA. Do your own booking direct and you’re at the bottom of the heap come cabin assignment time. I’ve been on cruises where everything PH3 and above is booked out the first day along with all the highly prized veranda cabins, all to TA clients . The TA then allocates the cabins they get among their best clients.I suppose none of that matters because if onedidn’t want to use a TA they were happy with what they got, and can then go bid it.

If one rebids every cruise always looking for the top dollar, how much service and loyalty do they expect from their TA?

On some of the very popular cruises, my TA often has me prebooked so to get the cabin We want. Often times, on those cruises, cabins are allocated out to O’s best performing TA. Do your own booking direct and you’re at the bottom of the heap come cabin assignment time. I’ve been on cruises where everything PH3 and above is booked out the first day along with all the highly prized veranda cabins, all to TA clients . The TA then allocates the cabins they get among their best clients.I suppose none of that matters because if onedidn’t want to use a TA they were happy with what they got, and can then go bid it.

Speaking only for myself, I so seldom take a cruise that it really doesn't matter to me. If a cabin isn't available that I find acceptable then I'll skip it. I have so many travel interests that I'll have no problem finding something else that appeals.

A cruise is the only type of vacation where I use a TA and that is only because of the incentives offered. If I have questions I ask the cruise line or here on CC. All I ask in return for their incentives is for them to accept the booking. I don't require any special treatment or hand holding.

What a ridiculous comparison.

You're getting the exact same end product here (a specific cruise in a specific cabin on a a specific cruiseline), not something that's variable (such as medical treatment).

To be fair, it only does say "10,000 posts" under your name. It makes no claim they're of any quality.

Not ridiculous at all and I hope you usually make your choice of words with more care. I wasn't referring to the quality of the cruise, I was talking about the quality of the travel agent. You may get a bigger discount from one TA as opposed to another but if problems arise will you get the same level of service?