Headliner Changes?

How often does Royal change on-board entertainment? We cruised Oasis in December and saw a not-so-great headliner act. I would have thought they'd have rotated to a new show by now, but I continue to read about him in recent reviews, now 5+ months later. We're on Oasis again in November...is there a chance the show might be the same? I would think Royal would change things up to keep it fresh for repeat cruisers, but maybe my assumption is incorrect?

Headliners usually change every cruise, though on some ships (non-Oasis class) you might find a comedian performing at the end of one cruise and the beginning of the next.

There are other exceptions, such as Drew Thomas (magician) that used to stay on Freedom for weeks.

Lot of Headlines go ship to ship, year to year. Last 30 yrs many times I had one that I'd seen 2, 5,15 yrs before...

Some of them have 'Real Jobs", then certain times of year they do the Cruise Line circuit...

El Gaucho:eek:

The ventriloquist is who I'm hoping to avoid. He was on in December and I've read recent reviews confirming he's still around. Hopefully that changes later this year. I'm sure there's plenty of folks who enjoyed him but it wasn't my cup of tea.

You can e-mail and ask who the headliner will be at this address... web_reservations@rccl.com

You may need/want to wait until closer to the cruise though.

I just did this for a June 17 Oasis trip. Took them seven days to respond but I did get a well written and courteous email with the entertainment details I was asking for.

The headliners generally are changed out at each port....they will board the ship, get off of your ship in your 1st port, get on another ship, while someone different comes aboard YOUR ship until the next port.

You are VERY unlikely to encounter the same entertainer...and should he be there...skip that show!

The schedule they send to you isn't always accurate...just so you know!

Headliners usually change every cruise, though on some ships (non-Oasis class) you might find a comedian performing at the end of one cruise and the beginning of the next.

There are other exceptions, such as Drew Thomas (magician) that used to stay on Freedom for weeks.

Years.

• 3 weeks later...

For sure they change the headliners, but on Allure, there hasn't been someone I'd want to see for the last three cruises. I am not into jugglers or magicians.

I have seen reports of Beatles-like groups, Neil Diamondesque and other groups I would love to see. My next cruise on Allure has another juggler, whoopee!

The comedians have been good except for someone named Nery(sp) who has been mediocre at best. This next cruise he isn't on the list of entertainment I have received from Royal Caribbean. There is no comedian listed as the 2nd on the list and I am hoping it's not Nery again.

The ventriloquist is who I'm hoping to avoid. He was on in December and I've read recent reviews confirming he's still around. Hopefully that changes later this year. I'm sure there's plenty of folks who enjoyed him but it wasn't my cup of tea.

That sounds like Ronn Lucas. He seems to follow us around, once was more than enough for us. Hoping he is not on Oasis in September.

Seems like the same headliners just move from ship to ship with few new performers We've had so many repeats of the same headliner on a different ship. Example- saw Kenny James on Majesty in January, then saw him again on Brilliance in April. Don't get me started with El Goucho.

Would love to see new headliners. Years ago, the headliners were well known performers.

M

El Gaucho:eek:

Thanks a lot, Bob. Just when I'd almost forgotten. I got to the show about 5 or 10 minutes late. I didn't even get to a seat before I turned around.

And if I'm cruising Grandeur, which I often do, I just assume Ronn Lucas will be onboard. I found the show funny the first time, but by the sixth it was time to strangle the cowboy in the suitcase, the dragon in the egg, and the sock puppet. Grandeur is a ship with an incredible amount of repeat cruisers. The CD's have to know this and should try harder for variety.