Landing in FL and sailing from Miami

Hi

I agree with all the others FLL airport is the cost effected way for flight's When cruising out of Mia we use SAS Shuttle both ways good service reasonable rates reliable. We usually stay in MIA close to the cruise terminal at the Holiday inn at the Port . Shuttle or taxi your choice to the cruise terminal.. The hotel is just across the street from the BISCAYNE BAY MARKETPLACE . It has everything stores and restaurant's and sometimes entertainment. Just some thoughts might help. Enjoy your cruise:D

kruise kat:),kruise runner:cool:

Car rentals in Florida are dirt cheap. You could probably rent a car at the Fort Lauderdale airport and then drop it off the following day at the Miami airport for around $30. Just take the shuttle from the Miami airport to the cruise port.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Unless you want a car for the day it's a lot of hassle, slower, and not less expensive

What does ES charge for their shuttle service to Miami? :confused:

At time of booking, there is an addition charge of $88.00 which includes pickup at FLL airport to hotel and from hotel toe MIA port.

This rate is for two people, additional charge for extras in group.

We will probably UBER!

Were doing this in Feb. and there's 9 of us ages 4-62. I'm wondering whether to stay overnight near FLL and go to POM the next day or go straight to Miami from FLL and stay overnight then go to POM in the morning. What would be the most convenient and cost effective way of getting to POM ?

When I did Uber from POM to FLL the driver took an arse end route instead of going directly. Could easily be seen on the map of the journey! Ended up getting charged $67 instead of the $51 estimate. Complained to uber via the website who refunded the difference without questioning it.

The rates Uber gives now are guaranteed prices and don't account for the route the driver takes. Uber takes a loss on some of these rides if the driver decides to take route that would pay better then the price you were guaranteed at booking.

We have cruised out of Miami the past two summers and will again this summer. We have flown into FLL both times. We have used SAS both times. Once they waited for a long delay (past the time they usually wait/transport, and I was in a walking cast and we were very grateful) and the other they were right on time. Once we stayed at the YVE, right across from Bayside Market Place in MIA and once at Hampton Inn in Brickell. The YVE was clean, and comfortable however very small and the elevator situation in the hotel was a disaster! We stayed at the Hampton Inn last summer and it was wonderful. Lots of things close by, a nice pool, breakfast and a bar (we got free drink vouchers for being Hilton Honors members). We were right next door to the free Metro Mover to get down to the Bayside area for dinner. We took an uber to the port both mornings and it cost between 12-17 dollars. We are sailing Celebrity from POM this summer and are staying at the Hampton Inn again and have the plan of using SAS, an uber and the Metromover.

Beware of UBER for FLL to POM. Tried it and was quoted $37. Late that evening(about sail away), I got an email from UBER saying that they were charging my CC another $12 because the driver rode in the left lane...what????? Called CC company and had it removed.

That would be the Express lanes. They get even more expensive then that depending on traffic. Just tell the driver not to take the Express lane. I live In ft Lauderdale further north then the airport. It ran me around $35 to the port.

Were doing this in Feb. and there's 9 of us ages 4-62. I'm wondering whether to stay overnight near FLL and go to POM the next day or go straight to Miami from FLL and stay overnight then go to POM in the morning. What would be the most convenient and cost effective way of getting to POM ?

You can stay in either FLL are or Miami -- your call. In general hotels in FLL area are cheaper than comparable properties in Miami. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL hotel and tourist info.

Check the FLA departure board for more suggestions for FLL or Miami. ;)

For 9 you can check with Larry's Limos for private transport - or split up into two UberXLs or 2 minivan taxis (fare from FLL to downtown Miami should be about $70+ per vehicle). I would also reach out to the popular shared shuttles (SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport) for a group rate to POM.

That would be the Express lanes. They get even more expensive then that depending on traffic. Just tell the driver not to take the Express lane. I live In ft Lauderdale further north then the airport. It ran me around $35 to the port.

Wolffie, I had never been on a ride from FLL to POM before. How would I know to tell the driver which way or which lane to use? We had always landed in Miami previously.

And NO, Uber was not good about refunding that extra charge. They emailed me telling me why they did it and that it was a legit charge. Had my CC company reverse the charge, Uber would NOT.

Whatever you do, get to Miami as FAST as you can, and don't be sucked into the brain drain that is Ft. Lauderdale! Ft. Lauderdale is one of the most GOD FORSAKEN places in the country. It's a horribly soulless, generic commercial wasteland. Basically, it's "Toledo-By-The-Sea". Get to Miami- and actual city with actual culture and reasons to live.

Whatever you do, get to Miami as FAST as you can, and don't be sucked into the brain drain that is Ft. Lauderdale! Ft. Lauderdale is one of the most GOD FORSAKEN places in the country. It's a horribly soulless, generic commercial wasteland. Basically, it's "Toledo-By-The-Sea". Get to Miami- and actual city with actual culture and reasons to live.
Meant to ask leisure that question

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wolffie, I had never been on a ride from FLL to POM before. How would I know to tell the driver which way or which lane to use? We had always landed in Miami previously.

And NO, Uber was not good about refunding that extra charge. They emailed me telling me why they did it and that it was a legit charge. Had my CC company reverse the charge, Uber would NOT.

Just tell the uber driver no express lane. You will see big signs with the prices to go in the Express lanes so just keep an eye on where hes going, they are on the left side. You can get to pom from fll without tolls. He should be taking 595 to 95 to 395 to the tunnel.

Huh.... miami is the crap hole. Everyone runs to ft Lauderdale to live even if they work in miami. I dont even go to miami, Lauderdale is the same exact scenery except I'm not forced to speak Spanish everywhere I go including McDonalds. You're obviously mistaken.

We've been to Miami twice and the only way we'd go back is with a gun pointed at our head.

If they were to give the U.S. an enigma, they'd stick the tube in Miami.

I think you have that backwards.

As in Toledo, Ohio :confused:??