Photos of restaurants.

harryspotter

Hi, I know this may sound odd, but stay with me..

I have seen many people ask what the dress code is in the restaurants. Of course the answers given are the personal choices of the people answering but I wonder whether I would be able to cast a wider net.

I have looked online for photos of people inside the restaurants but can only really find the promotional photos, although I did find ONE, but that was a special event and what they were wearing may have been skewed.

So, many of you will have photos that have been taken, with many people in view, some on your table, some in the background, people milling around. These photos would give me and my wife and many others a much wider perspective on this much asked and very important topic.

Who is up for sharing and I promise that after my cruise, I will also add some pictures.

Thanks

Mark

I didn't take any photos in the specialty restaurants, but since I read so much advice here on CC that Oceania is not formal but "country club casual", I didn't take any dressy outfits.

Well....I was quite under-dressed in the specialty restaurants as well as the GDR. People were wearing what we call "church clothes".....what you might see in a nice restaurant.

So, it's not formal, meaning gown & tux, but it's fancier that what you'd wear to Applebee's.

Google it. I googled ‘Oceania Dinner’ and received countless ads, then many many photos. One thread popped up, bringing memories with it...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2143794

You will find many photos and images in google imaging for dinner attire on O ships. As attire has been discussed many times, with photos, you may wish to search in this forum with the words attire and country club elegant Or casual.

I try not to take photos of others for my online site but there may be some if you want to look

I usually wear dress slacks black or navy with a nice top

DH wears dress slacks or dockers with s button down shirt sometimes a blazer but the last few cruises the blazer stayed home

I think as long as you a clean & tidy no one really cares :)

Like another poster said above, I try to not take pictures of other people, so I can't help out.

From other threads, I have the impression that some itineraries are more relaxed than others. For Alaska and French Polynesia, the restaurant attire (including specialties) was not heavily on the dressy side. There were some men in jackets and some women in sparkly tops or cocktail dresses, but business casual or ordinary church attire were certainly common. For me, back before my first cruise, the problem was that I have no idea what you would wear to a country club in the first place, so "country club casual" meant nothing.

For Alaska, I wore dress slacks with a nice sweater and closed leather shoes. For Tahiti I went with ankle-length simple knit skirts and plain knit tops, over ankle boots. (I didn't want to try to decide if my sandals were okay or not.) No problem at any of the restaurants.

Male traveling companions: For Alaska, khakis and long-sleeved button-down shirts, both pressed. For Tahiti, pressed khakis and polo with sport coat over top.

One other thought - I prefer to eat early and always take the 6:30 tables. Has anyone noticed a difference in dressiness as the evening progresses?

We have a lot of cruises on all of these ships. Around the holidays my husband takes a sport coat for some nights with either a mock turtle or a shirt without a tie. Most of the time he takes dark trousers with dark shirts, no tie or lovely shirts. I never wear a gown. Nice silk slacks with a fancy blouse or something like that.

I try not to take photos of others for my online site but there may be some if you want to look

I usually wear dress slacks black or navy with a nice top

DH wears dress slacks or dockers with s button down shirt sometimes a blazer but the last few cruises the blazer stayed home

I think as long as you a clean & tidy no one really cares :)

Thanks so much for sharing. Couldn't find what I needed but, your memories are fantastic, thanks

Mark

Like another poster said above, I try to not take pictures of other people, so I can't help out.

From other threads, I have the impression that some itineraries are more relaxed than others. For Alaska and French Polynesia, the restaurant attire (including specialties) was not heavily on the dressy side. There were some men in jackets and some women in sparkly tops or cocktail dresses, but business casual or ordinary church attire were certainly common. For me, back before my first cruise, the problem was that I have no idea what you would wear to a country club in the first place, so "country club casual" meant nothing.

For Alaska, I wore dress slacks with a nice sweater and closed leather shoes. For Tahiti I went with ankle-length simple knit skirts and plain knit tops, over ankle boots. (I didn't want to try to decide if my sandals were okay or not.) No problem at any of the restaurants.

Male traveling companions: For Alaska, khakis and long-sleeved button-down shirts, both pressed. For Tahiti, pressed khakis and polo with sport coat over top.

One other thought - I prefer to eat early and always take the 6:30 tables. Has anyone noticed a difference in dressiness as the evening progresses?

Thanks, we would probably want to eat earlier anyway.

I never thought anyone would take photos of other people, I was just hoping to catch people in the backgrounds,,

Mark

• 1 month later...
Hi, I know this may sound odd, but stay with me..

I have seen many people ask what the dress code is in the restaurants. Of course the answers given are the personal choices of the people answering but I wonder whether I would be able to cast a wider net.

I have looked online for photos of people inside the restaurants but can only really find the promotional photos, although I did find ONE, but that was a special event and what they were wearing may have been skewed.

So, many of you will have photos that have been taken, with many people in view, some on your table, some in the background, people milling around. These photos would give me and my wife and many others a much wider perspective on this much asked and very important topic.

Who is up for sharing and I promise that after my cruise, I will also add some pictures.

Thanks

Mark

Look closer at the promotional photos there are no suits and ties , sports jacket even open neck shirts and slacks are good for the evening. no jeans or shorts in the GRD or specialties. by the way don't forget to ask for some parmesan from the wheel in Toscana