Suggestions for 4 July.

Faival

Most of the Firework boat cruises would be sold out by now. Get early to the East River for space to see the fireworks.

You can do what I'm doing, Brooklyn Cyclones (Minor League Single-A Short Season affiliate of the NY Mets) game followed by their own fireworks in the ballpark in Coney Island it's a Wednesday all tickets $10.

• 3 weeks later...

Take the subway to Long Island City. They have piers there they let you onto to watch the Macy’s fireworks! It’s free. As a New Yorker I did it for the first time last year and it was amazing! Gonna be on cruise this year to Bermuda and upset I’m missing it! You can bring chairs and a cooler with food and “drinks”. I would get there by 4 or 5’last year they closed the piers at 6. You get a wristband for each pier when you get there so you can leave and go back if u set up a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are two parks, City Park and a State Park right next to each other in Long Island City NYC Ferry has one stop in each park but the parks are served by different routes. Also, NYC Ferry will end Ferry Operations on the East River very early. Also, the Staten Island Ferry shuts down service for a few hours as well.

The city park is Hunters Point South https://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/hunters-point-south-park is closer to the subway 7 stop at Vernon Blvd. NYC Ferry stop is on the East River Route

The State Park Gantry Plaza State Park https://parks.ny.gov/parks/149/details.aspx can be reached from the 7 or taking the E/M to 23rd Street. Court Square and a much longer walk. NYC Ferry stop is on the Astoria Route

I should know, spend a lot of lunches at both parks, work on Vernon Blvd, very nice park(s), great shots of the city skyline.