PH1 on Sirena

Greencay

Does anyone have any photos of the Sirena Penthouse Suite? We have been on the Riviera three times and love the suite. Wanted to see the difference between the two ships. We are booked on the Sirena for the Nov 5 Amazon cruise. Thank you

Does anyone have any photos of the Sirena Penthouse Suite? We have been on the Riviera three times and love the suite. Wanted to see the difference between the two ships. We are booked on the Sirena for the Nov 5 Amazon cruise. Thank you

We don't have any photos to share, but if you look at the R-class and O-class Deck Plans, there are floor plans of both PH layouts.

If you are used to the O-class PH, then be sure you notice that on the R-class ships, the PH is noticeably smaller.

Importantly, if you used the little "dining for two" setup at the foot of the bed on the O-class PH for dining en suite, that setup doesn't exist on the R-class PH.

That would be a problem for us, but it's not the only reason that at least for now, we are sticking with only Riviera and Marina.

We just love those PH suites. We had read how those were just about the best use of space, and found that to be spot on :)

(We just wish they had a few that are forward facing.)

GC

We don't have any photos to share, but if you look at the R-class and O-class Deck Plans, there are floor plans of both PH layouts.

If you are used to the O-class PH, then be sure you notice that on the R-class ships, the PH is noticeably smaller.

Importantly, if you used the little "dining for two" setup at the foot of the bed on the O-class PH for dining en suite, that setup doesn't exist on the R-class PH.

That would be a problem for us, but it's not the only reason that at least for now, we are sticking with only Riviera and Marina.

We just love those PH suites. We had read how those were just about the best use of space, and found that to be spot on :)

GC

What is class O and R

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is class O and R

Oceania has two ship "types".

The "O" class include the Riviera and Marina.

The "R" class include the smaller ships (the other ships).

Within each "class", the deck plans (and cabin/suite layouts) are pretty much the same.

However, it's always safest to double check the Deck and cabin/suite plans for each specific ship and specific cabin/suite number to be sure.

For example, on the Riviera/Marina, *almost* all of the PH suites are identical (except for mirror-image orientation on the ship), but there are a few on Deck 7 that have extended balconies, but slightly less inside space.

GC

Oceania has two ship "types".

The "O" class include the Riviera and Marina.

The "R" class include the smaller ships (the other ships).

Within each "class", the deck plans (and cabin/suite layouts) are pretty much the same.

However, it's always safest to double check the Deck and cabin/suite plans for each specific ship and specific cabin/suite number to be sure.

For example, on the Riviera/Marina, *almost* all of the PH suites are identical (except for mirror-image orientation on the ship), but there are a few on Deck 7 that have extended balconies, but slightly less inside space.

GC

I have sailed in PH suites in both the O class and R class and love them. I feel the R class has a more spacious feel in the main room than the O but the O has a better closet and bath setup.

Charlotte

They took out the bath tubs on the smaller ship.by the time Infiund out to late to:cancel. My agent never said a word and acted like she did not know.

The o. Cabin is great. Cabin has a bathtub

They took out the bath tubs on the smaller ship.by the time Infiund out to late to:cancel. My agent never said a word and acted like she did not know.

The o. Cabin is great. Cabin has a bathtub

Nautica still had the tubs as of Dec. I think Sirena is the only one that had them removed so far.

Greetings, Greencay, form South Beach. DH and I have sailed in PHs on O and R ships. In 2015, we crossed the Panama Canal in one on Insignia from LA to Miami. At that time, Insignia had only a tub with shower. Nothing special. IMO, the PHs on Riviera and Marina are far more comfortable, and the bathrooms are excellent. Not tub people, we only use the line over them to dry light things. However, we were happy enough on Insignia and loved the trip. PHs on Explorer have only showers and that is just fine with us. We sail on two lines, currently, Oceania and Regent, and enjoy them both. Although the ship as destination is sometimes our motivation, itinerary and date get in there too. That's why our next cruise in on Riviera. Hey, it is hard to go far wrong in a PH. Have a great trip!

Mary

Nautica still had the tubs as of Dec. I think Sirena is the only one that had them removed so far.

And guess which ship,I was on for thirty long days without a tub.

Thry should of done What Az did and leave some tubs in.

GC

We've been in a PH on both styles of ship. The dining table set up in the R ships is really not an issue. Actually many people feel that there might be a bit more room for dining on the R ship. You eat at the couch area. I don't have a way to post a photo since Photobucket started charging for hosting. Maybe someone with a picture can show it set up for dining.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOLnf525SlDQNNgHkefwKAhzLk3faQqp3Yj3otHHfTRM9KNPhSLQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL7KAI_YpfNcfTcnR86FawOfkfGb1Cbv3KeAIykt-GO1_BRDfr

An R Ship Penthouse is on the left and an O ship Penthouse is on the right.

We find in-suite dining comfortable in both, but we DO always request a regulation height dining table when starting a cruise in a R ship Penthouse if there is not one in the Suite already.

529x383.jpg

This is an R ship Penthouse, with the full height table. Larger tabletops are sometimes substituted during dinner service.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOLnf525SlDQNNgHkefwKAhzLk3faQqp3Yj3otHHfTRM9KNPhSLQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL7KAI_YpfNcfTcnR86FawOfkfGb1Cbv3KeAIykt-GO1_BRDfr

An R Ship Penthouse is on the left and an O ship Penthouse is on the right.

We find in-suite dining comfortable in both, but we DO always request a regulation height dining table when starting a cruise in a R ship Penthouse if there is not one in the Suite already.

529x383.jpg

This is an R ship Penthouse, with the full height table. Larger tabletops are sometimes substituted during dinner service.

Thanks for the pictures and fixing my memory. Obviously it is not at the couch area.

Stan & Jim,

Thanks for the reply and the images. Can I make the request for the standard height table upon embarkation, or does it have to be done prior? Also, I used to like the sauna and steam on the Riviera, do they have any on the Sirena.

Thanks in advance,

Jim & Nan

I'm glad to see that there is a steam room. We will have 10 days at sea, which will undoubtedly include the gym, the spa deck, the steam room, afternoon tea and cocktail hour. I am hopeful that we will have time to schedule a few massages.