Dream embarkation

BLAMBKY

Currently in Orlando waiting to board & wondered how embarkation in NO compares to Orlando. It has been pretty easy & lines are minimal. Any suggestions that would make it easier?

Embarkation in New Orleans has been different each time I've done it. The last time I did it..last September...after security they gave you zone number and you sat with your zone people until you were called. Then you go get in the check in line. The zone wait felt like a long time...20-30mins. We were packed in like sardines. It was uncomfortable.

I'm hoping they have switched to the new system where you don't have a check-in line upstairs and you get your card in your room mailbox. We did that on the Breeze in Galveston and check-in was....a Breeze! 11:30 check-in and they stopped giving out zone numbers by then and were just general boarding. It wasn't crowded at all. I didn't even sit down. It was a really short wait to board.

Embarkation in New Orleans has been different each time I've done it. The last time I did it..last September...after security they gave you zone number and you sat with your zone people until you were called. Then you go get in the check in line. The zone wait felt like a long time...20-30mins. We were packed in like sardines. It was uncomfortable.

I'm hoping they have switched to the new system where you don't have a check-in line upstairs and you get your card in your room mailbox. We did that on the Breeze in Galveston and check-in was....a Breeze! 11:30 check-in and they stopped giving out zone numbers by then and were just general boarding. It wasn't crowded at all. I didn't even sit down. It was a really short wait to board.

Interesting, this helps with setting expectations. :)

We cruised from NOLA last week for the 10th time and it was different again but we liked this new change. Outside after giving your bags to the porter they had two doors to enter-one for Platinum, Diamond, FTTF, etc and another for everyone else which was us. The line looked really long and we were standing outside but it moved fairly quickly. Once inside we went up the escalator, passed the Carnival person taking embarkation pictures and were directed over to the side of the room for a sort of "pre check in" where you just showed them your boarding pass and ID. (this was new to us) Then back in line to go through security. Once done there you entered the huge room with all the chairs and were directed to the check in where you get your S & S card. After that you walked directly onto the ship. This was the first time we didn't have to sit in those chairs and wait for a Zone number to be called. Our entire process, from the time we got dropped off at the terminal until we were on the Lido deck eating lunch was around 55 minutes. I'm not sure if we got lucky or this will be the norm for now on, but it was one of the easiest embarkations we've ever done.

We cruised from NOLA last week for the 10th time and it was different again but we liked this new change. Outside after giving your bags to the porter they had two doors to enter-one for Platinum, Diamond, FTTF, etc and another for everyone else which was us. The line looked really long and we were standing outside but it moved fairly quickly. Once inside we went up the escalator, passed the Carnival person taking embarkation pictures and were directed over to the side of the room for a sort of "pre check in" where you just showed them your boarding pass and ID. (this was new to us) Then back in line to go through security. Once done there you entered the huge room with all the chairs and were directed to the check in where you get your S & S card. After that you walked directly onto the ship. This was the first time we didn't have to sit in those chairs and wait for a Zone number to be called. Our entire process, from the time we got dropped off at the terminal until we were on the Lido deck eating lunch was around 55 minutes. I'm not sure if we got lucky or this will be the norm for now on, but it was one of the easiest embarkations we've ever done.

Thanks for the information! Did you receive your S&S cards before boarding or were they in your mailbox outside of you cabin? We are used to sailing out of Galveston and the last few times the whole process was very quick.