Indoor muster on Liberty of the Seas?

I do not tolerate extreme temperatures well and almost fainted on my last Carnival muster in Galveston because of the heat along with so many other people all squished together on the outer decks for muster. Is it different on Liberty of the seas? If they do theirs outside as well, is there someone I could talk to at guest services who could arrange an indoor muster for my husband and myself?

Thank you for the help in advance!

I do not tolerate extreme temperatures well and almost fainted on my last Carnival muster in Galveston because of the heat along with so many other people all squished together on the outer decks for muster. Is it different on Liberty of the seas? If they do theirs outside as well, is there someone I could talk to at guest services who could arrange an indoor muster for my husband and myself?

dont know if its indoors or outside but if people got there on time it wouldnt take long

The majority of muster stations on Liberty are outside on deck 4.

Why are you vacationing in the Caribbean if you can't stand the heat?

We were on Liberty in June 2017. We had one of the interior cabins, the ones right in the center of the ship. Our muster station was in one of the dining rooms. However, we didn't find that out until we'd walked around the ENTIRE outside of the ship before finally asking a crew member.

We were on Liberty in June 2017. We had one of the interior cabins, the ones right in the center of the ship. Our muster station was in one of the dining rooms. However, we didn't find that out until we'd walked around the ENTIRE outside of the ship before finally asking a crew member.

Isn't it printed on your SeaPass cards?

Isn't it printed on your SeaPass cards?

Yes, it is, the letter and number designation. But the actual location is not. So we were wandering around looking for T-4 (or whatever it was) and we'd get to T-3 and then the next one would be S-1. I guess for future reference, if it's really hot or raining, we'd probably ask a crew member first before wandering around on our own.

We were just on Liberty last week. The majority of the muster stations were, as Bob said, outside on deck 4. However, ours was in the main dining room. We were in a full suite, so perhaps that influenced where we were stationed. However, since the ship obviously can and does offer inside muster stations, it should probably be something you can request based on your past difficulties. Good luck to you.

Pat

For future reference I believe the location is marked on the map on the back of your door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We took 11 teenage graduating seniors on The Carnival Valor out of Galveston in early May. The muster was outside on deck 4. We were shoved in 4 lines and packed in like sardines. It was very HOT and a lady was already drunk and thought she was funny.

I think RCI does the muster better then Carnival, not that Royal was fun and it was hot (Port Canaveral in July). Carnival scared me a bit the way they checked in everyone. My impression was it was unorganized. On Royal, I could tell the lady from the cabin next to us was missing. It was obvious the way they have everyone line up. With Royal, I had more confidence that they accounted for all the passengers. Carnival seemed like a "free for all" I have noticed that some of Royals ships do their musters indoors. You might be able to go to the theater. I would ask

I dont tolerate heat well either. My BP meds make it tough and I have to watch it too. The only heat exhaustion I had was in Cozumel getting from the port to our transportation to Playa Mia with the kids. It was about a mile walk. The mile walk was ok, but I had my Land's End long sleeve swim shirt on. Never again will I wear the shirt off the ship getting to a location. The fabric does not breathe at all.

Edited by lrn2cruise

We sail in Grand Suites and have always mustered outside so room category has nothing to do with your muster assignment. My suggestion would be to contact Special Needs before your cruise and explain your issue. They should be able to accommodate your situation. When we cruise during hot months, I take a little hand hold fan with me with a water spritzer. Works great!

Yes, it is, the letter and number designation. But the actual location is not. So we were wandering around looking for T-4 (or whatever it was) and we'd get to T-3 and then the next one would be S-1. I guess for future reference, if it's really hot or raining, we'd probably ask a crew member first before wandering around on our own.

The location is on the back of your cabin door on every ship.

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I’ve been on the Liberty four times and mustered twice inside and twice outside. I’m sure you can be accommodated by contacting special needs or visiting guest services immediately after boarding.

We have trouble standing in the heat also. My DH and I go out and check-in with our muster station leader a little before the mad rush, then go back inside to the designated area where a crew member will give the muster instructions. There's usually about 20-30 people in there. Many times it's been in the Schooner Bar. SO much easier for us! :cool:

So my body does not tolerate heat well but my husband's does and it is his Birthday so we are going on a cruise. I will stay on the ship in the AC and not get off in the ports. We cruise frequently and have been to all the ports multiple times, so the cruise itself is the fun part for us. We get to relax, have someone else cook and clean, and get away from our daily schedule and responsibilities. What's not to like? Just because I won't end up enjoying the ports of call, does not mean I will not enjoy our vacation and make the very most of it. Glad we can all have fun in our own different ways. :)

PS - I live in Houston where it is unbearably hot and humid for me 7 months out of the year, but I don't move because that is where our jobs and friends are. I just avoid being outside as much as possible during the hot parts of the day.

We are on the Liberty right now. Our muster station was outdoors and I was not handling the heat well (from Houston too so go figure). All you need to do is check in at your correct station and then you can go to the Schooner Bar (Just tell them you need to get out of the heat) . It was no problem and so much more comfortable.

Find this very hard to believe, there are people everywhere telling you where your muster station is. It is also on the back of your door.

Was in the Liberty in April. We were standing in line when I noticed the lady next to me holding her husbands hand and crying. I asked if she was okay and her husband said she fell and hurt her knee and it hurt to stand. My husband went to find one of the crew doing the muster and they came and took her out very quickly. Saw her husband later and he said they took care of her and she was in her cabin resting.

When you check in at the muster station, say something to one of the crew and they will assist you to a suitable location for the remainder of the drill.
This. Let them know it is a disability issue (heat fatigue or mast cell issues are disability related) and they will direct you to take a seat inside.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

What kind of a question is that? You must be young and healthy. Count your blessings!

I am not either.

But the point was, if you do not tolerate heat well, why take a vacation to somewhere hot and humid????

If you cannot handle the 20 minutes or so for muster, will you ever leave your cabin?????

Find this very hard to believe, there are people everywhere telling you where your muster station is. It is also on the back of your door.

Agreed. All the way down, multiple people would look at Sea Pass cards and tell you which way to go.

I am not either.

But the point was, if you do not tolerate heat well, why take a vacation to somewhere hot and humid????

If you cannot handle the 20 minutes or so for muster, will you ever leave your cabin?????

I don’t know many people who can tolerate standing for 20 minutes in 95 degree heat, without water, without air circulation and especially being squished like sardines.

I actually tolerate heat better than cold. I’m fine outside. I just need to sit down with c cool drink.