What do you do with your camera..

...when you are in port at a beach? I just got my new baby in (Nikon D7500) and can NOT wait to take pix with her on the cruise next month! However, I'm quite worried about taking her to beaches, when we will be swimming, while the camera will be alone at a chair... What do you do???

...when you are in port at a beach? I just got my new baby in (Nikon D7500) and can NOT wait to take pix with her on the cruise next month! However, I'm quite worried about taking her to beaches, when we will be swimming, while the camera will be alone at a chair... What do you do???

This is not helpful. The only beach I typically visit is Maho on St. Maarten. No swimming, just really low airplanes.

I would be concerned about leaving my equipment unattended and might suggest playing in the water in shifts, posting a watcher while others play. If there are only two of you, perhaps buddy up with others you can trust from the ship and watch each other's stuff.

Dave

Unless I were with someone who was not going into the water, I would not bring any valuables to a beach, including a good camera. And even then, I would be concerned about sand. I have a small waterproof Nikon that I take with me on those rare times that I go to a beach and want to have a camera with me.

A DSLR "alone on a chair" at a beach? Please don't .. .

A cheap P&S for those occasions. If I'm on cruise I would not take anything valuable to a beach and leave unintended, not even my phone.

Sand and good camera don't play well.

If I'm taking pictures at a beach I'm not playing on the beach that's the difference.

Have fun.

framer

Like the others I wouldn't bring it in this case, I have a sony a6000 for just such occasions or an olympus tough. If you were to do so, at a minimum I would have a pacsafe bag with a lock or a KISS bag and secure it to a heavy chair. Also note that the heat/sun on a bag will also be a suboptimal environment.

...when you are in port at a beach? What do you do???

At the very least, I take my snorkeling camera. (My new "snorkeling camera" is a TG-5 Tough, so it takes better pictures than my non-snorkeling camera.) It goes to the beach; it goes in the water.

You can look for beaches that have lockers to secure your gear. That's worked well for securing my compact point-and-shoot superzoom. (Granted, I've been securing a camera worth $125, not one worth $thousands$.)

Beach resorts may also provide some place to secure your camera when you're in the water.

If I'm going to the beach to get into the water the good camera stays on the ship. Not worth the risk of sand, water or theft. If I'm going to take photos it is with me so it doesn't matter. In all fairness I have a Coolpix that I use in the water and it takes fine beach pics too.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never get more than a foot or so from my gear. But that's me. Have you considered picking up a coolpix (or something along that line?) Waterproof - take it in the water with you! :)

And, of course, there is always the option of buying a housing for the 7500 (I have one for my 810) but trust me when I tell you this - they do NOT come cheap....Think Rolex....