MSC Seaside YC and champagne at dinner?

rose102798

Same with the champagne - would it be a major loss if it wasn't available?

YC is an amazing experience and will be no less so without crepes and champagne. Just enjoy all the other amenities on offer. I sincerely hope that you do. :)

When we booked our first MSC cruise the drinks were only included within the YC and I assumed that Champagne wasn't included until you told me otherwise.

I think that it's a major loss if it isn't available.

Maybe the experience is amazing anyway but it's more amazing if Champagne is available than if it isn't! :champagne-toast:

I can understand your concern as recent postings about what's being withdrawn for YC guests gives the impression that things are, indeed, being "watered down". However, crepes weren't available on Fantasia-class ships (unless you count those awful, frozen, nutella offerings! :rolleyes:) nor were they included on Meraviglia and it didn't lessen the experience. If they're not included on Seaside, it's not a huge loss. I personally wouldn't be getting too upset over something that might only cost a few dollars to buy, anyway. Same with the champagne - would it be a major loss if it wasn't available?

YC is an amazing experience and will be no less so without crepes and champagne. Just enjoy all the other amenities on offer. I sincerely hope that you do. :)

You’re right (as you often are!) Bea - I’m certain I’ll have a wonderful time.

I’m sure we can all toast to the experience - no matter whether it’s champagne or Mountain Dew :')

When we booked our first MSC cruise the drinks were only included within the YC and I assumed that Champagne wasn't included until you told me otherwise.

I think that it's a major loss if it isn't available.

Maybe the experience is amazing anyway but it's more amazing if Champagne is available than if it isn't! :champagne-toast:

I was thinking of you as I was posting that SC. As you're a champagne connoisseur, I'm sure it would be a blow to you if it's not available. I know someone who is currently in YC on Seaview. If they get in touch, I'll ask them to find out if Nicholas Feuillatte is still available - or if it has been replaced with another brand.

I was thinking of you as I was posting that SC. As you're a champagne connoisseur, I'm sure it would be a blow to you if it's not available. I know someone who is currently in YC on Seaview. If they get in touch, I'll ask them to find out if Nicholas Feuillatte is still available - or if it has been replaced with another brand.

(y)

I think that champagne is very much over-rated.

I don't. Most Champagnes, but not all, offer a great value for money.

When it comes to the cheapest Champagnes, less than $30, I can agree that other sparkling wines for the same price can be much better but overall I think that Champagne offer a great value for money.

We we have no problem drinking inexpensive sparkling wine, but want at least a decent red wine , have been cruising on rccl and he a suite and drink package and normally do not like there wines but it only cost 2 or 3 dollars to get a better glass of wine.

I don't. Most Champagnes, but not all, offer a great value for money.

When it comes to the cheapest Champagnes, less than $30, I can agree that other sparkling wines for the same price can be much better but overall I think that Champagne offer a great value for money.

Agreed: I see from the price list that Moët sells for $59 onboard. When you factor in the 30% discount you are talking $40, an outstanding value when compared to other lines. If you are looking for quality then the price becomes a small consideration.

Wait a minute. As someone who's checking out the YC experience, I thought one of the perks was free unlimited alcohol. Are there restrictions on certain types of drinks?

Wait a minute you really thought that by paying 2000 pp for 7 days cruise you can drink Crystal for dinner? :rolleyes:;p

I never saw Crystal on MSC , maybe now with Champagne BAR its different .

Wouldn't have a clue, GB ... champagne's not my thing. I only took a photo of the champagne by the glass page of the Champagne bar menu when I was on Meraviglia. Crystal was definitely not on that list! :D :D

We we have no problem drinking inexpensive sparkling wine, but want at least a decent red wine , have been cruising on rccl and he a suite and drink package and normally do not like there wines but it only cost 2 or 3 dollars to get a better glass of wine.

I have no problem to drink inexpensive sparkling wine either and we often drink wine for less than $10 but Champagne is something completely different...

The bad thing with MSCs beverage packages is that it's not possible to only pay the extra when ordering something not included. The whole price must be paid if it's over the limit.

Agreed: I see from the price list that Moët sells for $59 onboard. When you factor in the 30% discount you are talking $40, an outstanding value when compared to other lines. If you are looking for quality then the price becomes a small consideration.

$40 for Moet is a good price and close go the price in stores in Sweden.

Can you buy a glass of fine champagne? I am solo next cruise.

Depends of what you mean with fine Champagne. On Meraviglia last summer they had a few different Champagnes you could buy by the glass and as I remember it some of them were "fine" but I'm not sure about the brands since we mostly ordered the included Laurent Perrier and bought a bottle once.

If you by "fine" mean really high end vintages I guess that the answer is no but that's just a guess since I don't really remember what's on the menu. (I do think that I should have remembered if they had something that I have heared of but not been able to find.)

Can you buy a glass of fine champagne? I am solo next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. Clicquot must be purchased by bottle (I don't know about new ships with champagne bar). By the way its very cheap compare to other cruise lines. MSC is mass market cruise line so they don't care Crystal

Originally posted by Beamafar I was thinking of you as I was posting that SC. As you're a champagne connoisseur, I'm sure it would be a blow to you if it's not available. I know someone who is currently in YC on Seaview. If they get in touch, I'll ask them to find out if Nicholas Feuillatte is still available - or if it has been replaced with another brand.
(y)

My friend has been in touch so I've asked him to check out the situation regarding champagne on Seaview, SC.

No. Clicquot must be purchased by bottle (I don't know about new ships with champagne bar). By the way its very cheap compare to other cruise lines. MSC is mass market cruise line so they don't care Crystal

I saw Cristal on a Champagne Bar menu that someone posted. I did not see the champagne that we actually wanted and are allowed to bring on other lines. Grand Damme. That’s why I asked the question. Now I’m just not sure for which ship it was posted and I can’t find it again. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Rose,

You certainly can order the high end bottles in the YC dining room...but you will be charged. I know that last year if you had the Deluxe Package...same as YC...that they discounted each bottle by 30%.

I just checked the MSC web site and it says the All Inclusive Premium package gives you a 30% discount on all bottles of Champagne and wine.

Can anyone confirm you get 30% off with the yacht club package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone confirm you get 30% off with the yacht club package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They would honor 30% off at champagne bar as bartender mentioned it to me. She said order the bottle there for 30% off and have it delivered to yc bar or restaurant. I believe you will not get 30% off a bottle in topsail lounge. Logic makes no sense to me but that is what I was told. I did not order a bottle of wine or champagne from topsail bar so cannot confirm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
$40 for Moet is a good price and close go the price in stores in Sweden.

$40 for Moet seems like a bad price if Laurent-Perrier is free. It is probably what $35 in Sweden?

Are menus likely to be different on Seaview vs Seaside? For example has this been the case with previous US vs European based sister ships?

$40 for Moet seems like a bad price if Laurent-Perrier is free. It is probably what $35 in Sweden?

Are menus likely to be different on Seaview vs Seaside? For example has this been the case with previous US vs European based sister ships?

A glass of Laurent Perrier is included (not really "free") but not a bottle.

Laurent Perrier is better than Moet, I think, if we are talking about the cheapest standard Champagne but if we want to order a bottle $40 sounds okay for Moet on a cruiseship.

Laurent Perrier cost a little more than Moet in Sweden, if we are still talking about their standard Champagne, but they are in the same pricerange. ( A bottle of Laurent Perrier cost around $2 more.)