What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Congratulations! You had a spa cabin right? So did you upgrade to a spa Haven suite?

Not on this cruise.This is the 9/23 cruise I had a large balcony and upgraded to a courtyard penthouse.

Our spa cabin is on the TA and we still can't bid on that cruise. I don't think we will ever be able to.

Not on this cruise.This is the 9/23 cruise I had a large balcony and upgraded to a courtyard penthouse.

Our spa cabin is on the TA and we still can't bid on that cruise. I don't think we will ever be able to.

Yeah, it's sounding like the "technical" difficulty they were having with allowing bids from spa cabins isn't getting resolved anytime soon.

Hiya, sea-mates,

Well, on day 80 I also received the official email from NCL to upgrade for my upcoming cruise. Yes, I was looking for it everyday to pop up in my inbox, too. We (and our dear friends) were booked in an inside cabin next to each other on deck 14. We decided on the same day we received the offer to bid $135.00 for the balcony and opting out of ocean view.. After watching the prices closely, modified our bid last week to $185.00. That part is also really easy and

I called NCL often and also mocked up prices online.

Yesterday (day 59 from embarkation) we received the exciting and congratulatory email that our bids were accepted.:D Woo-hoo! I certainly didn't expect to hear anything this soon and had accepted that I may have to wait until 2-3 days out prior to the cruise.

We were awarded midship balconies also on deck 14. My husband and I are on starboard side while our friends were assigned also mid-ship on port side. No complaints here and we are very excited!

Based on the prices yesterday, if we were to book the same cabin directly it would have cost us over $600 total. One tip for you - whatever you decide to bid, just be ok with it... If you get it, it's a WIN-WIN! If you don't, you are still going to have a blast! Hope this helps!

I'll end it here by saying that If NCL ever makes considerations in the future to the upgrade terms, it would be 'really' nice to have the option to then select another cabin that is within same category to be closer to our friends. Maybe that's a logistic nightmare..... or not. At any rate - we are happy and thank you, NCL!

We are on the Bliss sailing the Mexican Riviera on Oct. 13, 2018. Cheers!

Hope to sea you around the ship,

Michele ;)

Thank you for your post Michele! May I ask did you bid 185 per person or total? Thanks!

My bid was accepted last week for Bliss Sept 30th 5 day coastal. I was originally in an ID inside (which I booked well over a year ago at a great price) and I bid on a balcony for $175CAD per person. I received an upgrade to BD. Not sure if I got a great deal or not, but this was what I was happy paying. To book that category outright right now would have cost around $1500CAD more than I paid for my original cabin. I wish I could get another invite to bid for a higher category again...LOL

Hiya, sea-mates,

Well, on day 80 I also received the official email from NCL to upgrade for my upcoming cruise. Yes, I was looking for it everyday to pop up in my inbox, too. We (and our dear friends) were booked in an inside cabin next to each other on deck 14. We decided on the same day we received the offer to bid $135.00 for the balcony and opting out of ocean view.. After watching the prices closely, modified our bid last week to $185.00. That part is also really easy and

I called NCL often and also mocked up prices online.

Yesterday (day 59 from embarkation) we received the exciting and congratulatory email that our bids were accepted.:D Woo-hoo! I certainly didn't expect to hear anything this soon and had accepted that I may have to wait until 2-3 days out prior to the cruise.

We were awarded midship balconies also on deck 14. My husband and I are on starboard side while our friends were assigned also mid-ship on port side. No complaints here and we are very excited!

Based on the prices yesterday, if we were to book the same cabin directly it would have cost us over $600 total. One tip for you - whatever you decide to bid, just be ok with it... If you get it, it's a WIN-WIN! If you don't, you are still going to have a blast! Hope this helps!

I'll end it here by saying that If NCL ever makes considerations in the future to the upgrade terms, it would be 'really' nice to have the option to then select another cabin that is within same category to be closer to our friends. Maybe that's a logistic nightmare..... or not. At any rate - we are happy and thank you, NCL!

We are on the Bliss sailing the Mexican Riviera on Oct. 13, 2018. Cheers!

Hope to sea you around the ship,

Michele ;)

FWIW, having a cabin on each side of the shop worked great for us when we sailed with friends. When it was sunny or something interesting to see was on our side they came to our cabin and enjoyed our balcony. And we went to theirs when the view was on their side. So perhaps the separation will bot be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, having a cabin on each side of the shop worked great for us when we sailed with friends. When it was sunny or something interesting to see was on our side they came to our cabin and enjoyed our balcony. And we went to theirs when the view was on their side. So perhaps the separation will bot be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Clay,

You are so right - I was thinking that we would probably gravitate where the sights were best. :) Thank you!

For all of you asking about upgrades for September and October sailings, it is very uncommon to have bids processed this early. The *normal* time for bid processing is 3-5 days out. Only very specific circumstances result in bids being processed earlier than that.

For all of you asking about upgrades for September and October sailings, it is very uncommon to have bids processed this early. The *normal* time for bid processing is 3-5 days out. Only very specific circumstances result in bids being processed earlier than that.

Any idea what the circumstances are for processing bids early? Is it because there are still so many rooms available? I ask because my bid on Bliss September 30th was accepted two weeks ago and I'm curious as to why it was done so far out. So far no one else on our roll call have had bids accepted...