NCL Promos ending tomorrow!!! Yeah Right LOL

takeadip

Hello Critics,

I'm booked this May 19' on the DAWN out of NYC so I have a vested interest in the current prices/ promotions to make sure I'm not "Missing Out" and I must say NCL has a great "Gimmick" about making the public think the promos will actually END!!! Like so many companies that seem to use this approach: HURRY IN while supplies last...only to find out there is a full truck headed to the location to "refill" the advertised "dwindling supply". Don't get me wrong...I'm appreciative of the promos NCL has been offering...but I'm growing tired of constantly logging in to the site with bated breath only to be crestfallen when I read that the current promos are being extended. I mean, just say hey we are having a hard time filling these ships!!! It seems the only true promos that have actual expiration dates is the KIDS SAIL FREE...FREE GRATUITIES...and the TAX FREE SALE.

Does anyone else constantly check after booking to make sure you aren't overpaying??

Best,

Mark

Was a time, way back in 2011, when there were very few promos being offered. Our first cruise in Feb. 2012 on the Star included a discount on the Trio dinner pckg and an extra bottle of wine.

IIRC, that was it. If there was an alcohol pkg, I didn't notice, so I could be wrong about there not being one offered.

2015 the UBP & UDP were in full swing and so many ppl had both, it was really difficult to get reservations in the specialties.. we managed and there were no grats charged on either.

Times change, either go with the flow or look for something better.... I've always been lucky to be flexible. ;)

Have been sailing with NCL for seven years now. Have sailed them enough that I'm now Platinum.

I'm booked in the Haven next month. I have to say, however, in the 7 years I've been cruising, while prices went up a little (first time I booked was when the economy was in the tank), I've never seen the amount of perks or OBC being offered now.

Even the inside cabins are getting some pretty nice perks (like OBC and UBP).

So, it may seem like the perks have been around for a while, that's not been the case. This has only happened relatively recently.

Just my personal belief, but I think NCL may be trying to go "all inclusive" across the entire fleet. They seem to offer the alcohol and dining packages fairly often. Plus, they actually have some cruises that everything is included and all you pay for are the tips on those packages.

Be interesting to see what they do in the next year or two.

The current OBC promo isn't running all the time, though it has been extended a couple of times now. It's the "Free At Sea" promo that is truly endless at this point.

Agreed. Funny you mention "truly endless" because that's what a famous pillow maker has been charged with for running a $99 BOGO sale where you buy a pillow and get one free with no expiration date so they had to stop that slogan OR state an actual end date for said promo or face Millions in fines.

I know passengers are getting spoiled...and once you get something all the time you kinda expect it...

I feel like NCL is holding on to the "free at sea" slogan simply because their marketing team has not come up with a better one yet!! LOL

No better feeling then being on a ship headed to a new place you only read about...

2015 the UBP & UDP were in full swing and so many ppl had both, it was really difficult to get reservations in the specialties.. we managed and there were no grats charged on either. ;)

I think it was even harder to get reservations in the specialties back then because when they first started offering the dining package it was unlimited uses.

Just my personal belief, but I think NCL may be trying to go "all inclusive" across the entire fleet. They seem to offer the alcohol and dining packages fairly often. Plus, they actually have some cruises that everything is included and all you pay for are the tips on those packages.

My gut feeling is that the first Project Leonardo ship will be all inclusive. No more "promo service charge" whining, no more "DSC" whining, no more "nickel and dime" whining, etc. It's unknown if an included bottle of water will end the "bottled water" whining or if an included specialty coffee in a restaurant will end the "specialty coffee" whining. ;p

Being a new class, sales will be strong and all inclusive will spread throughout the fleet.

My gut feeling is that the first Project Leonardo ship will be all inclusive. No more "promo service charge" whining, no more "DSC" whining, no more "nickel and dime" whining, etc. It's unknown if an included bottle of water will end the "bottled water" whining or if an included specialty coffee in a restaurant will end the "specialty coffee" whining. ;p

Being a new class, sales will be strong and all inclusive will spread throughout the fleet.

I'm waiting.... tick tock... lol ;p

Hello Critics,

I'm booked this May 19' on the DAWN out of NYC so I have a vested interest in the current prices/ promotions to make sure I'm not "Missing Out" and I must say NCL has a great "Gimmick" about making the public think the promos will actually END!!! Like so many companies that seem to use this approach: HURRY IN while supplies last...only to find out there is a full truck headed to the location to "refill" the advertised "dwindling supply". Don't get me wrong...I'm appreciative of the promos NCL has been offering...but I'm growing tired of constantly logging in to the site with bated breath only to be crestfallen when I read that the current promos are being extended. I mean, just say hey we are having a hard time filling these ships!!! It seems the only true promos that have actual expiration dates is the KIDS SAIL FREE...FREE GRATUITIES...and the TAX FREE SALE.

Does anyone else constantly check after booking to make sure you aren't overpaying??

Best,

Mark

Yes, I do check daily.

I've been watching for them to run something special the last week of August. Last year in late August they ran a 'Tax Free' promo (free port charges/fees). Two years ago they had the Pre-paid Gratuities.

So yes.....I'm watching and checking(yn)

I've been watching for them to run something special the last week of August. Last year in late August they ran a 'Tax Free' promo (free port charges/fees). Two years ago they had the Pre-paid Gratuities.

Not sure we'll see that one again for a while.. They had the tax free promo in April/May this year already.

Was it on all sailings (or the majority) or very limited select sailings?

Hello Critics,

Best,

Mark

used to check, but now I leave it up to my TA. As for promos changing from time to time, of course they do. As for a gimmick, how often have you seen a local store announce sailing has been extended, etc. It isn't a gimmick, it is good marketing.

Have been sailing with NCL for seven years now. Have sailed them enough that I'm now Platinum.

I'm booked in the Haven next month. I have to say, however, in the 7 years I've been cruising, while prices went up a little (first time I booked was when the economy was in the tank), I've never seen the amount of perks or OBC being offered now.

Even the inside cabins are getting some pretty nice perks (like OBC and UBP).

So, it may seem like the perks have been around for a while, that's not been the case. This has only happened relatively recently.

I agree with you and think this is the future of cruising period.

I agree with you and think this is the future of cruising period.

agreed. all inclusive cruising would be great and there would be literally no line at the purser desk about ship board accounts..NCL will change the future of cruising. Imagine taking a all inclusive world cruise...that would be VERY EXPENSIVE....lol

Was it on all sailings (or the majority) or very limited select sailings?

The Tax-Free have been on certain ships and sailings. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to book the still being built Encore on a Tax-Free promo.

It's been awhile since the free gratuities and I just didn't note the limitations on that one. I'm trying to keep better records now. I just know that in the past two years mid- April and late August have been good times for us to book.

agreed. all inclusive cruising would be great and there would be literally no line at the purser desk about ship board accounts..NCL will change the future of cruising. Imagine taking a all inclusive world cruise...that would be VERY EXPENSIVE....lol

You can pretty much do that on Viking and Oceania. They include just about everything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Tax-Free have been on certain ships and sailings. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to book the still being built Encore on a Tax-Free promo.

It's been awhile since the free gratuities and I just didn't note the limitations on that one. I'm trying to keep better records now. I just know that in the past two years mid- April and late August have been good times for us to book.

Thank you for your input. I am really hoping for a better price for our cruise next year.

The promos themselves are fairly standard with obc not always offered and tax free & dsc free rarely offered.

They don’t offer all the perks on all the sailings so just because you see tax free, obc... offered on the main page, it might not be an offer for your sailing. As the ship fills, the promo offerings on any particular sailing typically dwindles. They sweeten the pot with more promos, lower prices, latitude bonus or 50% off second passenger (some markets) as needed.

My October 2019 14 night med sailing initially didn’t have distinctive voyage credit or obc. Both were added for a short window AND had really reasonable prices. Since I booked, the extra perks and obc have been removed and pricing has gone way up. If pricing and perks sound reasonable, it’s likely a good time to book. I was on the fence about booking my kids a room and glad I did because their obstructed ocean view room has jumped over 1k pp and far less perks.

You also have to weigh the possibility of rebooking cost if perks offered. My 21 night pc sailing had obc offer added but with the increased dsc and slightly higher room price it wasn’t worth rebooking.

I doubt they will ever go to solely all inclusive. They will always have some sailings they need to dump prices on and it’s much less to give someone a room on the cheap vs a room on the cheap along with all inclusive. The big ships like the Bliss have a ton of rooms to fill. Even their biggest best new ship is price dumping (with and without perks) right now for remaining Alaska sailings. I think that next year with two big ships in Alaska, they’ll have some great deals on last minute bookings.

NO LIE!!!! the promos were supposed to change TODAY and it now says "limited time" under...so its extended...i feel like the marketing team reads my posts and they are just F#@king with me!!!!

This madness has to STOP...

I.

WANT.

NEW.

PROMOS.