Confiscated Items

firstimer2009

I am going on an NCL Med cruise in 2019 and will be staying in Venice before the cruise and Rome after the cruise. I am bringing a collapsible water kettle to use in the hotels. Yes, it has the proper dual voltage.

I assume that NCL will confiscate the kettle when I check in, but I do want the kettle back at the end of the cruise.

For people that have had items confiscated, how do you get them back? Or for most people are they gone forever? I'm just curious how the procedure works. Thank you for your help.

We had a power outlet confiscated on one cruise. It was in our checked baggage and we got a note to go to the naughty room. They kept this power strip and gave us a claim check. When we got back to the pier after the cruise, they had a table set up outside of customs to claim the items.

We had a power outlet confiscated on one cruise. It was in our checked baggage and we got a note to go to the naughty room. They kept this power strip and gave us a claim check. When we got back to the pier after the cruise, they had a table set up outside of customs to claim the items.

Thank you! That's good news. My kettle is actually a very cool collapsible silicone one so I'm glad to hear they give you a claim check. I didn't want someone just walking off with it.

If you are in a suite, your butler will return all items that were confiscated on the last day of your cruise. I was given a lovely LARGE candle upon checking out of our hotel in Barcelona and it was indeed confiscated upon check in. Luckily, I remembered it and only had to mention it to the butler. The beautiful candle was in our stateroom within an hour or two! And I was happy as when I "googled" the candle, it is worth over $100! lol

Thanks for posting this thread. I had the same question! We're sailing from Miami to LA just before Christmas, and hoped to take a lamp (a gift for our son who lives in LA). Not sure it would be confiscated, but I know a totally weird thing to place in your checked bag!

I also carefully went over that list. Since we are land touring before and after the cruise, I'm bringing some cutlery (knives and things) for times we may just want to grab something and eat in our room instead of going out to dinner. I just need to make certain it's within the limits!

Thank you! That's good news. My kettle is actually a very cool collapsible silicone one so I'm glad to hear they give you a claim check. I didn't want someone just walking off with it.

You could try bringing it in your carry on. If they ask what it is tell them it's a device for your sinuses lol...that's what it looks like.

I bought candles in Bermuda and they didn't confiscate them, they just told me not to use them onboard. I replied that I had no interest in setting the ship on fire and wouldn't be using them onboard.