Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection

HUNKY

Let's get the discussion started on this new cruise line! Public bookings opened today.

All suite, new build ship to be christened February 2020.

Will you be sailing on The Yacht?

According to a recent Marriott Insiders release, there will be three yachts. The ships will be identical to one another, with 149 suites. Whole ship private charters will be available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at the website, all I can say is wow, I am impressed.

The whole tone seems very similar to the new areas on the Queen Elizabeth, greys and browns, but very clean looking.

The price point is also interesting, I was fully expecting something more eye watering than I am currently seeing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

At first glance, I'm impressed. The online info is a little short on details, especially in terms of what actually included. They mention multiple restaurants - are all included or is there an upcharge? They mention "premium beverages" but that covers a lot of ground. What's actually included? The teaser fares are for the lowest level cabin - not unusual, and they seem pretty small, especially when you look at the grand suites first.

I found part of my answer - it looks like all the restaurants except the high level one are included. Also are "selected" alcoholic beverages:

• Your cruise fare includes suite accommodations, a dedicated Personal Concierge in all suite categories, onboard gratuities for all restaurant, bar and housekeeping services, multiple dining venues, 24-hour in-suite dining, beverages such as beer, select spirits and wines, soft drinks, coffee, tea and bottled water in-suite and throughout the yacht, onboard entertainment and enrichment, use of the marina-style platform with access to watersports, and Wi-Fi.

The smallest suites are listed at 312 Square Feet plus the terrace.  As a point of reference the standard suite size on the Windstar Legend/Pride/Breeze is listed at 277 Square Feet and we find those spacious.

Edited by milepig

I’ve looked at their itins and am not impressed. They seem very pedestrian at first glance. Nothing new but the same routes everyone else had been doing for years. Then it gets worse. Every one I checked had very few ports. 2 days in London, then a day at sea, then two days somewhere else, then a day st sea, etc. I guess they maybe think people just want to chill and don’t care where they’re going?

We booked Lisbon to Bordeaux and Bordeaux to London and we are not frequent cruisers at all preferring land or air based trips, a few cruises and boat charters. Except for London, all the ports are new for us with few sea days and multiple overnights.  I couldn’t find any similar itineraries with any other company so even though the ports seem common, the combination is very nice for us.  Perhaps eventually they will include more unusual ports but perhaps the early cruises are into ports with well-established infrastructure?  The brochure does tout smaller, off-the-beaten-path ports.The first ship is not an expedition ship and I notice that is a big trend right now so it may not appeal to those with a lot of cruise experience.  As for the ship, it looks spectacular and new is always nice.  Suite sizes, butler service, staff to pax ratio, inclusions and amenities all look excellent.  The size of the ship is appealing as well.  I’ll be sure to post a review after the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to see all this unfold.  A bit pricy for us at the moment, but eventually I would like to try a transpacific or transatlantic.  The yacht looks beautiful.  If an overwhelming success, maybe they'll create a Sheraton cruise line or something.  Bonvoy points and status will be a plus.  

Personally, I can’t think of anything more boring than an ocean crossing.  Keep in mind that this ship has very little entertainment so sea days could be even more boring.  I agree with earlier posters that there is fairly scanty info.  Would be interested to know if there are lectures on board, cooking classes, etc. as well as more info on shore excursions for the cruises later in 2020.

I think on a positive note, they’ve built in a good cushion of time for completion of the ship before the first cruises but I still wish there were more updates and communications to those who have booked.

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, we just booked BARCELONA TO PALMA DE MALLORCA, June 14. Just kidding hope you have a wonderful cruise. The ship/yacht looks great in the pictures, I am sure it will live up to our expectations .

On 2/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

We booked Lisbon to Bordeaux and Bordeaux to London and we are not frequent cruisers at all preferring land or air based trips, a few cruises and boat charters. Except for London, all the ports are new for us with few sea days and multiple overnights.  I couldn’t find any similar itineraries with any other company so even though the ports seem common, the combination is very nice for us.  Perhaps eventually they will include more unusual ports but perhaps the early cruises are into ports with well-established infrastructure?  The brochure does tout smaller, off-the-beaten-path ports.The first ship is not an expedition ship and I notice that is a big trend right now so it may not appeal to those with a lot of cruise experience.  As for the ship, it looks spectacular and new is always nice.  Suite sizes, butler service, staff to pax ratio, inclusions and amenities all look excellent.  The size of the ship is appealing as well.  I’ll be sure to post a review after the cruise.

We're with you Gourmet Gal, literally and figuratively.  We'll be aboard the Bordeaux to London. We like the overnights, and about half of the ports are new to us. We're still exploring the various cruise lines, and there was more than enough about this one that appealed to us. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, StudentoftheWorld said:

We're with you Gourmet Gal, literally and figuratively.  We'll be aboard the Bordeaux to London. We like the overnights, and about half of the ports are new to us. We're still exploring the various cruise lines, and there was more than enough about this one that appealed to us. 

Now we’re having second thoughts, only because of the timing.  We usually avoid Europe travel in the summer due to crowds and heat.  We might switch this to a Fall New England cruise instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the inaugural cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I have the same concerns that many of you do about the lack of information. I have until October to cancel so hopefully more details before then. As a Bonvoy Titanium Member I hope that the yachts are tied to the program where we can use and get points. Hello Bonvoy!!.......everyone is waiting. 

• 3 months later...