Rumours again....

ohnonotmeagain

Compared to the daily cost of Princess and the Cunard one currently on trial on QM2 P&Os drinks package is very good value and if you drink speciality coffee and soft drinks during the day and a pre dinner drink and wine with your dinner it could be of benefit and good value especially if you are higher tier in Peninsular Club and get 10% reduction.

Anyone buying any drink on a P&O ship whether it be alcoholic or soft drink and whether individually priced or part of the drinks package P&O will always be the winner because of the huge profits on drinks. Even at P&Os good drinks prices compared to other cruise lines if you managed to drink £50 per day it would have only cost P&O probably only £10-£15 and they will have sold it to you for £39-95.

We have already brought a 24 bottle wine package and couple soft drink cards for our cruise at Christmas on Arcadia . These packages are not available to buy on Azura since inclusive drink package and children’s all inclusive package has become available. So if they are bringing it out fleet wide. I guessing these will be cancelled and refunded. I’m not interested in AI package.

We have already brought a 24 bottle wine package and couple soft drink cards for our cruise at Christmas on Arcadia . These packages are not available to buy on Azura since inclusive drink package and children’s all inclusive package has become available. So if they are bringing it out fleet wide. I guessing these will be cancelled and refunded. I’m not interested in AI package.

I knew that the soft drinks card disappeared with the drinks package but I had missed that wine packages go as well. If true, that’s a great shame. I should imagine that only a small proportion of couples would end up saving money by shelling out £80 a day on an AI package but savings with the existing soft drinks cards and wine packages are very easy to achieve.

Anyone buying any drink on a P&O ship whether it be alcoholic or soft drink and whether individually priced or part of the drinks package P&O will always be the winner because of the huge profits on drinks. Even at P&Os good drinks prices compared to other cruise lines if you managed to drink £50 per day it would have only cost P&O probably only £10-£15 and they will have sold it to you for £39-95.
P&O drinks prices are reasonable and they need to make a decent profit so they can justify Iona, Britannia etc.

I don't begrudge them making a profit because we and many others want to keep cruising with them.

The more the success of this venture the busier the wait staff will be, as it is only natural to want to get one's value worth. We have seen this on other lines with package schemes, we have had the devil of a time getting a drink when desired.

The more the success of this venture the busier the wait staff will be, as it is only natural to want to get one's value worth. We have seen this on other lines with package schemes, we have had the devil of a time getting a drink when desired.

I'm not sure you have an issue here as still not convinced at trial prices that many will take up package. There will be many who will pay as they go for drinks. Waiting staff on P&O are generally very good from experience and if you really cannot wait a few minutes for a drink then walking up to any bar sees you served in seconds. I always find I get to know staff quickly and they know what I drink and they usually gravitate towards you once you have the rapport. Of course time will tell with this one.

I'm not sure you have an issue here as still not convinced at trial prices that many will take up package. There will be many who will pay as they go for drinks. Waiting staff on P&O are generally very good from experience and if you really cannot wait a few minutes for a drink then walking up to any bar sees you served in seconds. I always find I get to know staff quickly and they know what I drink and they usually gravitate towards you once you have the rapport. Of course time will tell with this one.

A small cash tip always helps too - maybe $2?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is the situation on RC where the drinks packages have had a detrimental effect.

I have noticed on these forums that people are complaining before anything has even taken place yet. Let's just wait and see and comment once we have experience of the package and the ability to get served. Bit more optimism folks and talk about what we know.

I have noticed on these forums that people are complaining before anything has even taken place yet. Let's just wait and see and comment once we have experience of the package and the ability to get served. Bit more optimism folks and talk about what we know.

I wholly agree, but would make for very short threads :D

A small cash tip always helps too - maybe $2?

With the loss of the $1 and $2 notes we are left with coins which we are told by staff are useless. So we use the American one not as a "bribe" but as a thank you if and only when service warrants it. We have ventured to the bar in the past and if not seated there are told that the waiter will be with us momentarily. With drink packages there is no incentive to increase service numbers as the unserved drinks are already paid for. It is the cash sales that suffer.

With the loss of the $1 and $2 notes we are left with coins which we are told by staff are useless. So we use the American one not as a "bribe" but as a thank you if and only when service warrants it. We have ventured to the bar in the past and if not seated there are told that the waiter will be with us momentarily. With drink packages there is no incentive to increase service numbers as the unserved drinks are already paid for. It is the cash sales that suffer.

We’ve found, particularly on RCI on a sea day, that in order to get the waiter to come back to you on deck that a dollar or two helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums