Rating the ships

Lees Cruisin

Sorry to butt in as I haven't sailed on all the ships but of those I have sailed on:

1) Oriana

2) Aurora

3) Arcadia

4) Oceana

5) Azura

I am not tempted to sail on Ventura or Britannia (except for maybe a 2 or 3 night taster).

Oriana

Aurora

Oceania

Azura

Ventura

Britannia

Arcadia

We prefer the smaller ships even though they are more dated and we can no longer sail on Oriana or Aurora since they became adult only.

In fairness to Arcadia we only sailed on her once on a Christmas Markets cruise where it snowed in several ports and we didn't get to try all the outdoor facilities so we probably didn't see her at her best.

Oceana

Azura

Aurora

Oriana

Britannia

Ventura

I know that a lot of people say that Azura & Ventura are identical but I much prefer Azura to Ventura.

I loved Canberra but that may be because she was our first P&O ship and I was one of the unhappy people when they announced the departure of Adonia, she was beautiful little ship.

1. Aurora

2. Oriana

3. Arcadia

4. Oceana

5. Azura

Love the tiered stern on 1 and 2, dedicated cinema and variety of comfortable lounges and seating areas.

Much prefer the mid size ships to Azura. Although a bigger ship we find it more crowded in the evening. We've done Azura twice for the itinerary but don't warm to the design. It puts us off trying Ventura or the even bigger Britannia. (I think on large ships the designers rely on passengers distributing themselves evenly throughout the various venues. In my experience there is often too much demand on one or two venues making it hard to find seats.)

Edited by kruzseeka

Ventura

Aurora

Oriana

Arcadia

Azura

Oceana

Britannia

I notice I'm the first to put Ventura top and I know she's quite different from the next 3 on the list but we just love her. Maybe that's because she was the first ship we cruised on but we definitely have a soft spot for her.....

Funny the varying opinions of Ventura/Azura when they are same build just differing decoration. We cruised on Ventura and didnt like her at all and have never cruised on her since. We did Azura maiden cruise and loved her immediately and have sailed on her 5 times in total. Dont know what it was the atmosphere, the passengers or the crew but very hard to explain.