Metal Fronted Cabin

katie squire

Have just booked Fjords on Iona in 2020 !! Opted for a metal fronted cabin at the front of the ship so as to get the panoramic views of the beautiful scenery... anyone else had similar on other ships, and what are your thoughts?? Obviously being Sept it will be chilly so probably wont sit, just stand on the balcony.. Do you think we'll regret this ??

Have just booked Fjords on Iona in 2020 !! Opted for a metal fronted cabin at the front of the ship so as to get the panoramic views of the beautiful scenery... anyone else had similar on other ships, and what are your thoughts?? Obviously being Sept it will be chilly so probably wont sit, just stand on the balcony.. Do you think we'll regret this ??

I think it will be fantastic, you get the same view as the bridge, not many others will have that.

Imagine waking up coming in to the Fjords with that view...

Focus on the positives, if the compromise is effectively a steel balcony, that’s not so bad.

I am very jealous...

We booked a suite on Ventura in the same position..would we book again..no..

It will be different in the Fjords as you tend to just glide slowly along, but we were unable to use our balcony when the ship was moving..as it was too windy..we went south so would have been going faster..Hope everything is fantastic for you.

We had a forward facing cabin with a metal balcony on Royal Princess in the med last year and it was amazing, a perfect vantage point for enjoying the scenery sailing in and out of Kotor (twice!) and you'll have this kind of scenery most days in the fjords. You don't really miss much by not having a glass front, unless you wanted to lie down to look at the view. Wind won't be a problem where there scenery to look at because you won't be going that fast. If I ever take a fjords cruise I'd certainly want to be up front!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk