Weight loss goal of 60 pounds by Nov cruise

Waywardspirit

Hi, I am so glad this subforum exists! I just booked a carribean cruise and have been overweight far too long. This is going to be a reward for my weight loss, and the first time I've been in a swimsuit for years.

I started Keto in October and already have lost 30 pounds. I am sure by November I will be at my goal, and working on improving my fitness/muscular tone.

What are your goals?

• 1 month later...
Hi, I am so glad this subforum exists! I just booked a carribean cruise and have been overweight far too long. This is going to be a reward for my weight loss, and the first time I've been in a swimsuit for years.

I started Keto in October and already have lost 30 pounds. I am sure by November I will be at my goal, and working on improving my fitness/muscular tone.

What are your goals?

Just found this thread so hiiii! :)

I'm calling my weight loss journey Operation Beach Body. My goal is to lose 30 lbs before we sail in June. I have around 90 days so it's totally do able I think as long as I stick to my diet and exercise more.

I have been concerned about my weight for over 60 years and handled it with varying degrees of success over time. I lost 9 pounds last fall and then turned around and gained them back as a result of a long cruise and lots of holiday parties and dinners. :-(

I started being careful again in mid January and have to date lost the 9 pounds once again. This time, I am determined to go all the way back to my old Weight Watchers goal weight, which is now 35 pounds away.

My 74th birthday is June 8th and I am hoping to be down another 15 pounds by that time. I am taking an extended family cruise in October and would like to hit my goal by that time, but will be happy if I am just down thirty additional pounds by that time.

Truth be told, I don't even know if my old WW goal is appropriate at this age. It was 12 pounds under the WW high goal at the time it was set and they have raised thei weight ranges since that time, so we will see.

For now, I am content to plug along losing one pound a week, working out regularly to keep myself toned. I tried on my old Miracle Suit yesterday and I really didn't look too bad for an old lady, but I hope to look a whole lot better when we sail to Cuba.

Waywardspirit, are you hoping to lose and additional 60 pounds before your cruise, or 60 pounds total?

I wish everyone success in taking control of their body!

• 1 month later...

I just found this thread, but I started a self-challenge at 80 days out from the cruise of staying 100% low carb & exercising 5 days a week. I'm now 19 days away from the cruise and I fit into all of my (much smaller) cruise clothes!! Hurray :) It can be difficult, but the results make it worth it.

I just found this thread, but I started a self-challenge at 80 days out from the cruise of staying 100% low carb & exercising 5 days a week. I'm now 19 days away from the cruise and I fit into all of my (much smaller) cruise clothes!! Hurray :) It can be difficult, but the results make it worth it.

Congratulations!

I also just found this thread :D My goal is 25# loss by September 16. I haven't been doing too well, so it is slightly more than 1# per week. I joined a running group that starts this Saturday and hoping that will get my cardio back in gear.

Good luck everyone. There is a weekly weigh-in thread also for anyone who would like added accountability.