Celebrity Equinox Vs. Caribbean Princess for Western Caribbean Cruise

Hi There!

We are trying to choose a late July cruise that visits Grand Cayman. We've been on Carnival many times and want to try something different. We are in our late 40s and are looking for a balcony cabin. We'd love your opinions on these two cruise lines and ships. I see Celebrity has different classes - we'd probably go Veranda class. Any thoughts on Princess and Celebrity would be much appreciated.

We've been on both ships, so I can offer some thoughts. We much prefer Princess over Celebrity for these reasons:

* The food is much better on Princess, particularly in the buffet. Food items are a bit more upscale and there are fun theme nights.

* The buffet on Princess is open much later than Celebrity--they serve a full dinner in Horizon Court until, I believe, about 11 p.m. Celebrity's buffet dinner closes at 9 p.m., and there's just light snacks after that (please check times to make sure I'm still current).

* If you can swing for it and go off-season, the mini-suites on Princess can be a really good deal. They're about the size of a standard hotel room.

- Musing About Cruising

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the Equinox, beautiful ship and amazing service. We’ve been on Princess too, and like it, but prefer Celebrity’s food. Food is so subjective. Neither are really known for their entertainment. I’d choose by itinerary rather than ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums