My report on the Deluxe Drink package on the Seaside

tallnthensome

I traveled with my wife and two daughters, 8 and 10 last week. I Got us the deluxe packages and the corresponding kids packages. The whole deal cost around a thousand dollars ...... and it was worth every penny and we drank and ate more than it's worth. No charge of any kind for all that we had. My wife and a I had countless drinks. We had beers, wine, Crown Royal, Jim Beam Black, Grey Goose, every frozen cocktail on the menus many times over ..... never a charge. We visited Venchi several times a day and it was so amazing. We would get fine speciality coffees, hot chocolate and one chocolate Martini after another. The kids would have sundays and shakes and gelato there and all over the ship. Everything was indescribably delicious, no charge and we got a LOT from there ..... When we wanted sodas we got them and they have large bottles of water in which drank a lot of those too. I think the access you get to your room mini bar really topped off this drink package. It was filled with soda, liquor, beers, waters, juice, cashews, pringles, chocolate peanuts, etc. I swear with two kids we emptied that mini fridge every day! The great thing was it was refilled by the room steward when we were out of the room. He knew we had the deluxe package and would take care of it and actually started leaving me buckets of beer on ice with mixed beers on top of the desk each day as well. The mini fridge made it so easy to get something while sitting on our balcony or for a snack at night. On excursion days I would fill my backpack with all kinds of stuff for our day in port ..... Never an extra charge for anything. I can't even imagine what our bill would have been if we purchased everything separate. We did not use room service. If you want to max out your experience and like your cocktails like we do then I can surely tell you that you can make the cost of this package on the Seaside a really great deal! The Seaside was simply awesome!

Thats awesome. Regarding the mini fridge I am wondering will the room steward fill regarding your preferences. Example we LOVE Corona and would prefer to have only Corona beer in fridge. Is that possible or do they have to fill the same each day?

Thats awesome. Regarding the mini fridge I am wondering will the room steward fill regarding your preferences. Example we LOVE Corona and would prefer to have only Corona beer in fridge. Is that possible or do they have to fill the same each day?
If you have the deluxe package they will fill it with only Corona. Just tell them you have the deluxe drink package. My steward Jaysen was very accommodating but your steward experience could vary obviously. Mini-Fridge gets locked in other staterooms on the last night at 6pm. Ours was not locked and we had access to it on the morning of disembarking.

We upgraded to Deluxe for the mini bar mostly lol!! We have 2 littles too and also looking forward to taking stuff with us on island days! And of course all the cool drinks!! Did you have a fav drink?

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Cool! If you have two little ones as well it will be worth it! Well, the chocolate martinis with the chocolate lined rims from Venchi on deck six were out of this world and our favorite. On deck we really liked the Lava Flows and the Mango Trooper. It was a frozen mango drink with fresh mint. Very flavorful and refreshing to drink on hot deck days.

We're conflicted on whether to upgrade to the classic or deluxe? We know the classic would amply provide us with our normal drinking habits, but we are traveling with friends and tend to imbibe a little more in their company, would the extras you get with the deluxe package make it a more worthwhile option?

We're conflicted on whether to upgrade to the classic or deluxe? We know the classic would amply provide us with our normal drinking habits, but we are traveling with friends and tend to imbibe a little more in their company, would the extras you get with the deluxe package make it a more worthwhile option?
If you're going to spend the money on the classic, spend a little more on the deluxe. Room service is included in the package and like I said earlier the mini fridge buffet, lol, was worth a ton to us even as a matter of convenience. It's not that mutch more and higher premium liquors are included too.

If you're going to spend the money on the classic, spend a little more on the deluxe. Room service is included in the package and like I said earlier the mini fridge buffet, lol, was worth a ton to us even as a matter of convenience. It's not that mutch more and higher premium liquors are included too.

We know about the gelato, and the wider choice of wine, but what in the way of martinis and venchi drinks can you get with the deluxe that you can't with the classic?

We know about the gelato, and the wider choice of wine, but what in the way of martinis and venchi drinks can you get with the deluxe that you can't with the classic?
If you're referring to martinis at Venchi (which are the best) they are made with Grey Goose. I won't tell you that those would be excluded if you only went classic but since the Venchi chocolate martinis contain premium liquors my guess it would be excluded. Those are simply the best drink on the ship in my opinion and worth upgrading for them alone. I believe all the other non-alcoholic coffees, hot chocolate, and espressos are included on the classic.

• 1 month later...

What drink package did you purchase for your kids to be able to have the sundaes and things? My husband and I have the deluxe package and the kids have the "classic" that comes with Aurea cabin. When we upgraded, did that upgrade them/

drink packages are included in the card so when you swipe your card, bill comes out as $0.

Classic drinks are pretty inclusive and include most cocktails. Deluxe package will add premium brand, energy drinks/protein shakes, crepe, minibar, more choice of beer and wine.

Here is a comparison chart from MSC.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

drink packages are included in the card so when you swipe your card, bill comes out as $0.

Classic drinks are pretty inclusive and include most cocktails. Deluxe package will add premium brand, energy drinks/protein shakes, crepe, minibar, more choice of beer and wine.

Here is a comparison chart from MSC.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

Thank you all for your posts on this topic and this chart for comparison. You are the best!!

I traveled with my wife and two daughters, 8 and 10 last week. I Got us the deluxe packages and the corresponding kids packages. The whole deal cost around a thousand dollars ...... and it was worth every penny and we drank and ate more than it's worth. No charge of any kind for all that we had. My wife and a I had countless drinks. We had beers, wine, Crown Royal, Jim Beam Black, Grey Goose, every frozen cocktail on the menus many times over ..... never a charge. We visited Venchi several times a day and it was so amazing. We would get fine speciality coffees, hot chocolate and one chocolate Martini after another. The kids would have sundays and shakes and gelato there and all over the ship. Everything was indescribably delicious, no charge and we got a LOT from there ..... When we wanted sodas we got them and they have large bottles of water in which drank a lot of those too. I think the access you get to your room mini bar really topped off this drink package. It was filled with soda, liquor, beers, waters, juice, cashews, pringles, chocolate peanuts, etc. I swear with two kids we emptied that mini fridge every day! The great thing was it was refilled by the room steward when we were out of the room. He knew we had the deluxe package and would take care of it and actually started leaving me buckets of beer on ice with mixed beers on top of the desk each day as well. The mini fridge made it so easy to get something while sitting on our balcony or for a snack at night. On excursion days I would fill my backpack with all kinds of stuff for our day in port ..... Never an extra charge for anything. I can't even imagine what our bill would have been if we purchased everything separate. We did not use room service. If you want to max out your experience and like your cocktails like we do then I can surely tell you that you can make the cost of this package on the Seaside a really great deal! The Seaside was simply awesome!
Worth every penny... I definitely got my monies worth and then some. Were booked for June 23 and again in August and with the minimal upgrade amount to the deluxe from the DOU promo you'd be crazy not to do the upgrade... Just the saving of the 15 percent gratuity is worth it. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

TomNPB - (I don’t want to threadjack, but I am!) Since you’re booked for June 23 I would really appreciate it if you could find 3 Seaside spa/salon prices for me:

On Jan. 14, 2018 ashley@cruisecritic posted links to the spa menu. Unfortunately, when I click on each of them it says "URL signature expired". If you could post the Seaside spa and salon price list, great. I'm specifically interested in the price of a manicure, the price of a shampoo and set/style and the price of a 50-minute "basic" (cheapest) massage. Thanks so much!

Janet ( janet AT haskett DOT org )

I have never purchased the Deluxe drink packages on any cruise, but when we booked the Seaside for August I just added it. The Gelato shakes alone will be worth it much less the alcohol. So excited already and now You taught me about the mini bar. Wow this is going to be amazing. Thanks for the great review.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

Absolutely spot on! I wouldn't sail without it! Some may say it's over indulgence, but I say that vacations are about such things as over indulgence & MSC's deluxe package is simply the best at sea, least that I am aware of.

Just back from Carnival Magic & I always take their best offering, particularly good with the Alchemy offerings, but it doesn't compare in reality.

I would add two counter points...

Of course all of this alcohol & snacking to excess only applies to some & not all passengers, so many will not be excited by the offering & won't get the 'value'.

Plus although when compared to pay as you go pricing you can easily find real savings, it is not cheap, so it should be good! My pending sailing next month has a £742 loading for the three of us to take the deluxe package (2 x adults & 1 x child), that is £106 per day...not your typical daily spending on drinks, booze & snacks lol ...that is £38,690 per annum!!!

Food for thought ...or drink!

Absolutely spot on! I wouldn't sail without it!

I was of that view, too, Frank, 'til the price went up (twice) and the offerings were reduced (twice) in the last 2-3 years, with the cost being €24pppd to upgrade (when the currency onboard is Euros). We haven't bothered with it for our last 3 Med sailings (we were in YC on our last cruise so it was a moot point then). DH only drinks draught beer, so it really isn't worth the extra cost to us.

However, it's a no-brainer on US$ currency itineraries, where it's only $8pppd to upgrade - now, that's a steal!! We've upgraded for our next sailing on Armonia from Miami (our 2 following cruises are YC - so Deluxe included anyway!)

I was of that view, too, Frank, 'til the price went up (twice) and the offerings were reduced (twice) in the last 2-3 years, with the cost being €24pppd to upgrade (when the currency onboard is Euros). We haven't bothered with it for our last 3 Med sailings (we were in YC on our last cruise so it was a moot point then). DH only drinks draught beer, so it really isn't worth the extra cost to us.

However, it's a no-brainer on US$ currency itineraries, where it's only $8pppd to upgrade - now, that's a steal!! We've upgraded for our next sailing on Armonia from Miami (our 2 following cruises are YC - so Deluxe included anyway!)

Note to self...

I need to find a way to break through into this YC 'elite' sailors lol

On a serious note, I get what you are saying & I will only add that value is in the eye of the beholder, by which I mean as long as it works for you, you think you are getting value for money (as with the original poster in this thread) & you are happy ….then FAB!

I still stand by my statement that it is the best drinks package at sea....even better if it is free within you YC cruisers ;p

I'm even having it next year on Seaview...especially with all those sea days to fill lol

Really sorry if I'm being a bit dense here, but how do I upgrade our drinks package? We have the Classic package, as it was included in our Fantastica booking on Divina over Christmas & New Year, made in UK.

If I look on my personalizer it just offers me the opportunity to purchase either package from " scratch"-as if I have no package at all, despite all my info showing the Classic is already added. Thanks.

Really sorry if I'm being a bit dense here, but how do I upgrade our drinks package? We have the Classic package, as it was included in our Fantastica booking on Divina over Christmas & New Year, made in UK.

If I look on my personalizer it just offers me the opportunity to purchase either package from " scratch"-as if I have no package at all, despite all my info showing the Classic is already added. Thanks.

You can either phone the UK office or email them at mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk, quoting your booking number.