Dressy crops

I posted the above post and don’t know how I did it.

My question is, My Country Club allows crops with a nice to after 6pm, but no shorts or jeans. Does Regent have the same policy

Rosemary

I do not see them worn in the evening very much - mostly during the day. You likely will not be asked to back to your suite and change but their dress code does indicate slacks: "The recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress includes skirt, or slacks with blouse or sweater, pant suit or dress for ladies;"

So, there is not a clearcut answer - I feel that they are bit too casual but do wear them during the day.

I think if they're just a little short, you know, ankle length, it would be fine, especially if they're dressy. But if you get up towards the knees, not so sure. If it was me, I would take them and see what the 'lay of the land' is onboard. I love capris and wear them constantly,but stick to ankle length in the evening.

Thanks for all the replies. We will be cruising the South Pacific and I have a few pair of summer slacks and I’ll just go buy a couple more, I love to mix and match so I don’t have to pack as much.

Poss. I don’t know when you were here last but it is definitely more crowded. We bought here about 14 years ago and retired 5 years ago.

And Rachel always looks gawgeous in her evening attire. :)

Nishi: Haven't been danny ocean (as Bawlmoreans used to say) in about 20 years. Now that we live in Florida we visit the Atlantic Ocean down here or in South Carolina. I could body surf for hours — love it! And I hope you love your first Regent experience. We certainly did. I totally agree, btw, with Wendy and Rachel: Longish capris are fine — ankles and bottom of legs certainly do not need to be covered.

Thanks everyone. Because I’m short and wear petite length slacks my capris and crops are longer than most people wear because I have a hard time finally petite length clothes. I need to buy more slacks and capris for the summer I’ll look for the right length.

Poss we’re really lo King forward to the South Pacific cruise. We left bed in Tokyo for 4 years and have been to most of the countries in Asia we decide. That the islands would be a great way to celebrate our 50th Anniversary.

Rosemary

Thanks everyone. Because I’m short and wear petite length slacks my capris and crops are longer than most people wear because I have a hard time finally petite length clothes. I need to buy more slacks and capris for the summer I’ll look for the right length.

Poss we’re really lo King forward to the South Pacific cruise. We left bed in Tokyo for 4 years and have been to most of the countries in Asia we decide. That the islands would be a great way to celebrate our 50th Anniversary.

Rosemary

At 5’0” (really standing up straight and stretching) I totally get it. That’s why I love Chico’s, Oh and J Jill Petites (look on line for them) the crops are about ankle length for me :)

I should read for auto correct before posting. It should say we are looking forward to the cruise and we lived in Tokyo. Sorry for the mistakes

Wondered when I saw your screen name if you had lived in Tokyo. We did too, for 4 years, in Roppongi. Loved our experience. I wear dressy Chico’s ankle length pants for evening on Regent with pretty tops and have always felt appropriately dressed. Enjoy your cruise!

And Rachel always looks gawgeous in her evening attire. :)

Nishi: Haven't been danny ocean (as Bawlmoreans used to say) in about 20 years. Now that we live in Florida we visit the Atlantic Ocean down here or in South Carolina. I could body surf for hours — love it! And I hope you love your first Regent experience. We certainly did. I totally agree, btw, with Wendy and Rachel: Longish capris are fine — ankles and bottom of legs certainly do not need to be covered.

awww, thanks, Poss.

I too am a rather short person. So the Kate Spade capris are perfect for me. Inseam is 26” which is slightly above ankle length.

Briar14. I tried several screen names and they kept coming back saying it was taken, so I decided to use NishiAzabu figuring no one had it and it worked. I hope you enjoyed your 4 years in Tokyo as much as we did. Our twin sons graduated from ASIJ.

We’re currently on Explorer, and we’ve seen a couple of women in white jeans during dinner, and more than a few men in what I’d call “dress jeans” - not denim, but twill or another fabric in a style that most of us know as jeans. Doesn’t bother us at all, but it did make us take notice.

We’re currently on Explorer, and we’ve seen a couple of women in white jeans during dinner, and more than a few men in what I’d call “dress jeans” - not denim, but twill or another fabric in a style that most of us know as jeans. Doesn’t bother us at all, but it did make us take notice.

It is interesting that some people seem determined to get away with jeans. Women can get away with white jeans sometimes but if they are noticed before you are seated, you will likely have to face the embarrassment of being asked to change. Although some of the pants look like jeans, it seems that anything that is not denim is okay. One would hope/expect that passengers are a luxury cruise ship could manage to wear slacks after 6:00 p.m. out of respect. After all, they can almost anything that they wish (except a bathing suit without a covering or bathrobe) during the day in all areas of the ship.

It is interesting that some people seem determined to get away with jeans. Women can get away with white jeans sometimes but if they are noticed before you are seated, you will likely have to face the embarrassment of being asked to change. Although some of the pants look like jeans, it seems that anything that is not denim is okay. One would hope/expect that passengers are a luxury cruise ship could manage to wear slacks after 6:00 p.m. out of respect. After all, they can almost anything that they wish (except a bathing suit without a covering or bathrobe) during the day in all areas of the ship.

Frankly I think that "jeans" should be defined as being made of denim and then just drop the distinction. Having a maitre'd trying to figure out if your pocket corners have studs is absurd. Nice khaki twill pants, whether "Docker"-style or "jeans"-style look equally nice.

I posted the above post and don’t know how I did it.

My question is, My Country Club allows crops with a nice to after 6pm, but no shorts or jeans. Does Regent have the same policy

Rosemary

I just got off Explorer and think you will absolutely be fine in cropped pants. A short list of "dinner wear" I saw onboard:

- Cropped yoga pants on a woman in CR

- A fellow in black track pants in CR

- Denim jeans (not the qualified designer dress jeans type) on one guy

- Sneakers in Chartreuse

- Red and white "jeans" on women in CR

-Sweater without a collared shirt on men

Obviously no staff are monitoring the dress code....

Just because some passengers are not following the dress code does not give us permission to do the same. Two wrongs obviously do not make a right. Adhering to Regent’s dress code is a matter of respect ...... for Regent and for ourselves.

Just because some passengers are not following the dress code does not give us permission to do the same. Two wrongs obviously do not make a right. Adhering to Regent’s dress code is a matter of respect ...... for Regent and for ourselves.

Point is Regent should adhere to its own dress code and enforce it if it matters to them.