Question about a shore excursion and Nelsons Dockyard

crusinmedrn

Feasible? Certainly. Risky? Quite a bit. The are no bus schedules. Buses are minivans, owned by the driver, and he leaves when he feels like it i.e. when there's enough passengers to make it worth while. So your return trip cannot be predicted. You could take a bus one way and taxi back. Lots of taxis available there.

Feasible? Certainly. Risky? Quite a bit. The are no bus schedules. Buses are minivans, owned by the driver, and he leaves when he feels like it i.e. when there's enough passengers to make it worth while. So your return trip cannot be predicted. You could take a bus one way and taxi back. Lots of taxis available there.
thank you

• 2 months later...

During the season, its easy to get a bus going the Nelsons dock yard, and also a return bus to st johns. You most likely will meet similar cruise passengers on the same bus with similar plans. Only con, it makes no sense going nelsons dock yard and not going shirleys heights, youd have to take a taxi there.

We got the bus to Nelson's Dockyard once and it was very easy but the buses don't run to any kind of timetable. We waited 30 minutes in St John's for the bus to fill up and there was a wait before the bus left Nelson's Dockyard too. I definitely wouldn't risk it. If you want to do it, grab a taxi