No 2020 world cruise!

DM6045

Excitedly looked at the new brochure today to look at what was being offered in the way of world cruises for 2020 and it seems they're not doing one this must be the first time in years that one of freds ships hasnt sailed around the world! The balmoral instead is sailing round south america for 70 nights.

Its a shame as 2020 was a big year for me and OH and we have always said we would celebrate by sailing round the world.

I'm relying on p&o coming through when they announce their new itineraries as cunard has no circumnavigations either and i have it on good authority that CMV will be doing south america in 2020 also.

Maybe the long held dream wont be happening in 2020 after all :(

Side note long cruises definately seem to be out as me and my mother were interested in one of the longer med trips fred has done for years of around 4 weeks but there doesnt seem to be much option there either!

Oh, have you got a brochure for 2019/20! We haven’t had one yet - the people who Fred use for mailings seem very inefficient. (Whenever they have a new sailing with a date when Oceans members can book, we get the notification a couple of days later! Rather annoying, especially as we live near London and not on some remote offshore island!)

Anyway, regarding world cruises. A few days ago there was a link on here to a page showing a list of the new itineraries. I thought it looked like Boudicca was doing a world cruise starting in about October 2019. Not the customary January start. (I think that is how they are doing it for next winter too.) It seemed to show what looked like world cruise sectors on the list I saw.

Am I wrong? Probably!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, have you got a brochure for 2019/20! We haven’t had one yet - the people who Fred use for mailings seem very inefficient. (Whenever they have a new sailing with a date when Oceans members can book, we get the notification a couple of days later! Rather annoying, especially as we live near London and not on some remote offshore island!)

Anyway, regarding world cruises. A few days ago there was a link on here to a page showing a list of the new itineraries. I thought it looked like Boudicca was doing a world cruise starting in about October 2019. Not the customary January start. (I think that is how they are doing it for next winter too.) It seemed to show what looked like world cruise sectors on the list I saw.

Am I wrong? Probably!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The brochure i saw was on their website at the bottom click cruise brochures and youll see it and view online.

The boudicca is doing a long trip but they're selling them as fly cruises as loads of ports repeat and its more of a 'boomerang' cruise.... South africa south asia australia back to south asia then dubai and back home... Although it would be good its not a true circumnavigation and i dont think the experience would be the same as its mainly sold as shorter cruises back to back.

Maybe true world cruises are becoming a thing of the past as nobody as yet seems to be doing a circumnavigation in 2020 mind you the south america on the balmoral may end up going cheap with 4 ships from the uk all going round south america at the same time!

The problem is i think the past few 'true' world cruises on Fred have all followed very much the same route if they were to mix it up abit they could sell well again for instance do north america north asia india and home via south africa rather than what has become the standard...