Bottomless Bubbles

KitzaPitza

Sailing on Carnival 2/28/19. I’m a big Coke drinker. Not much alcohol. I drink coke with breakfast, lunch, supper, during the day, etc. I will get an alcoholic drink here and there. I know you can bring 12 packs on board. I will be able to bring 2 12 packs with 2 in my party. It’s a 7 night cruise. I like to have a can when I wake up and a can before bed. That’s a case already. In my opinion, with the amount of soda I drink, and I’m all about convenience, and not having to lug around drinks, I’m assuming B.B. is worth it? More importantly my concern is that if I choose to opt in on this, I know sodas are practically treated like bar drinks - having to go to the bar to get them - blah blah. I mean if I opt into B.B. and want my coke, have I got to wait around 10 minutes for someone to bring it me from or wait around at a crowded bar just to get a coke? I mean how difficult is it to get one? If I’m ready to sit down to eat dinner and show my B.B. card, the coke may not arrive until halfway through dinner? What are y’all’s experiences with this package? Finally, will I be charged 15 - 18% tip EVERY time I get s coke that I’ve already paid through B.B.? I mean if that’s the case it might not be worth it after all. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you drink a lot of soda, it's worth it to get the bottomless bubbles. Service in the dining room shouldn't take long to get a soda. But if memory serves me correctly it takes the same amount of time to get a soda on lido deck as it did for the alcoholic drinks ... but we were ordering both at the same time.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

If you drink a lot of soda, it's worth it to get the bottomless bubbles. Service in the dining room shouldn't take long to get a soda. But if memory serves me correctly it takes the same amount of time to get a soda on lido deck as it did for the alcoholic drinks ... but we were ordering both at the same time.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

I went to order my Bottomless Bubbles before we sail out and I’m told everyone in the room must buy it. What? Why? That’s ridiculous. I think it’s the same way for the Cheers package which is even more outrageous.

At roughly $2 a coke without the Bubbles program, I will easily benefit from the Bubbles program since I too drink Coke constantly all day. And I believe it includes some juice options too for a change of pace. Was a no brainer to purchase the package. As for waiting in line to get a soda, I wouldn't really expect to get service any quicker than anyone else in line.

I went to order my Bottomless Bubbles before we sail out and I’m told everyone in the room must buy it. What? Why? That’s ridiculous. I think it’s the same way for the Cheers package which is even more outrageous.

I am traveling solo, so had no concern purchasing the Bubbles for just myself, but nothing I read on Carnival's website about the feature says each person in a cabin must purchase. In fact, it implies since it can't be shared that one person can purchase and another can choose not to. That is also how it was on another line. When you went to purchase, did it ask for the guest name it applied to or did it just put quantity 2 on the order?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the Bottomless bubbles on all my cruises and it has never been a problem. Our MDR staff has always been quick with delivery of our drinks and if you have the same staff each night, they will know your preferences and most times have had it ready for us as we were arriving. Waiting at the bar hasn't been that much of an issue, even for the kids (who aren't the most outspoken or pushy). Most bartenders will learn what you like quickly if you tend to get the same thing each time. You don't get charged anything extra to your account if you buy the package. I just purchased this for our cruise coming up on July 22nd and purchased them separately as I could afford them. Right now, as we speak (or type as it were), 1 of the cruisers in my cabin doesn't have the package. We love this option, it works well for us.

I always buy the bubbles package. You are charged the 15% grat up front. No other charges except when you first board and before you are actually in international waters they charge a tax per drink, usually 15cents or so a drink. Definitely worth it for me! It's not like the Cheers pkg where both adults in cabin have to purchase. I now purchase before we board because it's a little cheaper and then they just put a sticker on my card at any bar