24th June boarding Britannia

mickrory

We sail to the Baltics on Britannia on Sunday 24th June. We've got a boarding time of 3pm but with a 5-6 hour drive I was planning to arrive about 1pm to give us a bit of contingency time. We're parking near Soton FC so I don't really want to cut it too fine getting to the ship.

England play Panama live on the BBC at 13.00 BST. What does anyone think the prospects are of P&O hooking up a TV in the Terminal building so we can watch the game while we wait to board? If they did this I wouldn't mind hanging around the Terminal for a couple of hours.:D

The alternative is to stop en route outside Southampton and watch the game in a pub but I know for a fact that this won't start the holiday off on the right footing from Mrs Mickrory's perspective.

Any thoughts?

I've never seen a TV screen or otherwise in the terminals.

Personally with a 5-6 hour drive I would be more concerned I arrived at the terminal in time. The journey could be a total nightmare. It just needs an accident or road closed You could also have a great drive down.

Football match vs arriving on time? Daddy xs chips.... :)

Never seen tv screens and can’t see them doing it as loads of people not interested in the football. Maybe you could find a pub near the terminal and watch first half before heading for your time

Yes or hope we get on early and watch the second half in Brodies.

Can't believe my wife would book a cruise where I'm in danger of missing a World Cup match. More evidence for the unreasonable behavior suit.

She's probably just being realistic and expecting them to be knocked out by then.;):)