We’re so used to Princess now, that we don’t want to try other lines

CineGraphic

I'm a foodie. Disney had the best food and Royal Caribbean had the worst. Princess and Carnival were real similar.

Foodies seem to really love Oceania....you might want to try them.

I'm not a foodie, but they have lobster tails in all restaurants everyday, as well as fresh grilled lobster tails, steak, chops, chicken, etc. in the buffet everyday! Very fresh food and the best breads and pastries I've ever had. <3

Itinerary beats free laundry every time. You’re missing one of the most gorgeous cities in the Caribbean because of cruise line perks? Errr.....

+1 on this one. Also, how long is the cruise. If it is 7 days or so, you don't need free laundry. Just bring the clothes home dirty.

DON

• 5 weeks later...

So after all of this, we’ve opted to try another line, HAL’s newest ship, the Nieuw Statendam in January, 2019. They have a nice sale going on, which made our decision easier.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Edited by CineGraphic

Over the past few days, I’ve tried to plan a cruise to Cuba in 2019. Princess doesn’t sail there, so we looked at other options, but once we realized that we’d have to pay for coffee and there would be no robes or no laundry rooms, we came to really appreciate what we’ve taken for granted for the past cruises. All of the little things like the captain’s reception, the platinum/elite lounge, etc....they all add up.

Cuba will have to wait, we are “Princess People”.

I would say that if you wait too long They might change the rules again like they did last year

We took Holland as we wanted to go this year just in case. Not the best cruise only 7 days BUT went where we wanted to go . We book by destination we are Princess elite but sometimes you have to switch to go where you want to travel to

We have sailed mostly on Princess but did do a Norwegian cruise in the Med

I will never sail Norwegian again. The balcony cabin was terrible: the layout of all curved lines takes up so much of the precious cabin space. The washroom on one side when you enter and the shower on the other is ridiculous. Try being quiet when you go to the washroom in the middle of the night. Only a curtain separates the shower/washroom from the bed

I did have to laugh though, the bed headboard was curved so that the edges of the bed were much shorter than the middle

What a nightmare. Princess for us only

We used to sail mainly Princess until we tried Celebrity. Annoys me as in the past we picked Princess over Celebrity even though the price was higher. I was stupid. Should have made the switch years before. We now haven’t been back on Princess in 7years. I will never comprehend picking perks over Itinerary.

Exclusively Princess since 2008 (11 cruises with 3 future planned). I've had several cruises on X and RCCL booked over the last several years but for one reason or another I had to cancel. While I would like to book a cruise with another line, for now it's Princess.

My two pet peeves with Princess are the cheapening of some shipboard experiences and decisions that are made in building new ships and remodeling old ships. No Crooners of the Majestic or planned for the Sky? Taking away half of the Wheelhouse Bar (Emerald) for the Gastro Pub? What were they thinking.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Exclusively Princess since 2008 (11 cruises with 3 future planned). I've had several cruises on X and RCCL booked over the last several years but for one reason or another I had to cancel. While I would like to book a cruise with another line, for now it's Princess.

My two pet peeves with Princess are the cheapening of some shipboard experiences and decisions that are made in building new ships and remodeling old ships. No Crooners of the Majestic or planned for the Sky? Taking away half of the Wheelhouse Bar (Emerald) for the Gastro Pub? What were they thinking.....:mad::mad::mad:

Maybe the changes are what people want > They can not please everyone but try to please the masses . Maybe too many bars as they look at sales in each bar . Just on Holland went to Cuba went up a few times to the Crows nest hardy anyone there ever only during a happy hour

We're going to be new to Princess in a month and very much looking forward to it. That said, I have enjoyed all of my cruise experiences ranging from small sailing vessels (Star Clipper) to luxury 'yachts' (Star Pride) to Carnival vacation boats. Each has a place and a purpose. Each has strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure that will be true in May as well. Sail on.

I am also going to try the Ruby Princess for the first time in December. We are seasoned cruisers with Celebrity and Royal Carribean with a preference for Celebrity. Food, entertainment, and the overall cleanliness of the ships.

In today's corporate planning, loyalists are laughed at.

Move on, try new cruise lines (and new hotels, airlines, restaurants, all service providers).

Being loyal means being exploited. Be loyal to know one BUT yourself.

I broke being loyal and found my next cruise line that (currently) fits me.

They too will be fired when they change too much versus my wants and needs.

Being loyal means you are missing LIFE experiences!

Maybe the changes are what people want > They can not please everyone but try to please the masses . Maybe too many bars as they look at sales in each bar . Just on Holland went to Cuba went up a few times to the Crows nest hardy anyone there ever only during a happy hour

No, these changes are not what people (except maybe in Asia where Crooners may not be popular) want.

Reports from the Majestic say the French restaurant that replaced Crooners has very few customers. Ditto the Gastro Pub on the Emerald.

Itinerary beats free laundry every time.

Agree, we’re giving up our free laundry perk on X for an itinerary on Princess this year and we’re seriously looking at another one for next year too - even with 2 placeholder bookings for X and 1 for Royal ;).

I have friends going on Azamara also to Cuba. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Thanks Coral!

A new (to us) cruise line to a new destination promises to be interesting indeed.

Norris

We choose our cruises based on itinerary and price, but if this is all fairly equal the nod goes to Princess.

But for Europe it is by and far about the ports, and for this reason we have done a couple wonderful cruises over the past few years on Holland America. But our upcoming British Isles is on Princess as they have a great itinerary and we can do a pre cruise stay in London which was our preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to miss my loyalty benefits on royal Caribbean and celebrity but I want to see what all the fuss about glacier bay is about, so taking a chance on princess. I was also looking at shorter British isle cruise in August to see the military tatoo. I have to make final payment on August trip before I go to Alaska so I am really taking the chance that I will like princess. Not worried about it. I book for the itinerary but I also only drink soda when it's free. I will miss the free laundry and internet though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We don’t cruise Princess because of the perks. We cruise it because it makes financial sense AND because of the passenger laundries. We cruise for long periods of time, and on those cruises Princess makes sense.

If I was taking just one cruise at a time, I would certainly not be loyal to Princess. Holland America has the best mass market itineraries right now, and certainly other more upscale cruise lines offer better food and shipboard experiences. But when we get $5000 in OBC in a single season of cruising, plus we can have clean clothes for free or cheap, that makes a huge difference in our vacation enjoyment.

I’d just like to add that it’s not just about perks, but about how Princess does things on a daily basis. We know where to be and when, what to see, what to avoid, etc.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.