Mendenhall glacier vs Taku Lodge feast

dkitty

I have the Menenhall glacier helicopter and salmon bake tour booked . We will be on the Ruby leaving June 30. I see a lot of good reviews on the Taku lodge feast and glacier float plane . Has anyone done both and can give me info on either tour.

The Taku lodge tour is amazing! It is where we saw bears on this trip. Great experience highly recommend it. Haven't done the Mendenhall glacier one, but have walked to the glacier.

The Taku lodge tour is amazing! It is where we saw bears on this trip. Great experience highly recommend it. Haven't done the Mendenhall glacier one, but have walked to the glacier.

Absolutely loved Taku Lodge and glacier flight.

It was beautiful and relaxing, not to mention an amazing

Salmon feast. We met Lois, the bear who also enjoys the

salmon. Definitely recommend it.

I have done the Taku Lodge Tour and it has become a favorite. Great scenery, the appearance of the bear, very good food and ambiance, and a pilot whose commentary proved very interesting as we flew over the 5 Glaciers: the tour was worth every nickel spent.

I have not done the Mendenhall Glacier tour you mentioned, but I have seen the Glacier via a land tour. It's OK, but there other Alaskan glaciers are for more interesting to view, in my opinion.

I have done both the Taku Lodge and just the Mendenhall glacier helicopter (no salmon bake). Loved both but I would chose Taku Lodge as I still think the salmon that I had there (just caught the day before in the river the lodge is on) was the best salmon that I ever had and probably ever will have. Not to mention the beautiful mountain pictures from the helicopter and the glacier just across from there. I would go back to Taku definitely.

I have done both the Taku Lodge and just the Mendenhall glacier helicopter (no salmon bake). Loved both but I would chose Taku Lodge as I still think the salmon that I had there (just caught the day before in the river the lodge is on) was the best salmon that I ever had and probably ever will have. Not to mention the beautiful mountain pictures from the Floatplane and the glacier just across from there. I would go back to Taku definitely.

Same as me, I liked intimacy of the lodge, just went on May 14th, best salmon ever???but it was very good, staff pleasant and happy to serve you. The float plane is much more relaxing than a noisy helicopter and view from the location beautiful. Also floatplanes usually fly in inclement weather sometimes helis, don't.