Door decorations?

snoopy5386

Little kids, elderly or sight impaired I understand, but other's who need signs to find their cabin really worry me.

If you do it because you like it fine, but if you do it to find your cabin and don't fall into one of the above categories boy oh boy.

What difference does it make!

I have a feeling the people who don't like door decorations probably don't like the way others dress on formal night! LOL!

Tis the little kid in me I guess.

For years my trusty 11 inch dia Port Hole mounted on a rubber covered magnetic plate has gone cruising with us.

It shows a picture of the ocean with three sea gulls flying over the water.

If the sight of it mounted on the cabin door offends anyone, I suggest that the offended party cover one eye as they walk past. :D

Bob

LOL! I'm with you Bob....I can't for the life of me understand why anyone else cares! I'm all about celebrating the special moments in our lives and if I want to put up a sign celebrating an anniversary, birthday, graduation, or just a cruising vacation, I am not going to worry what a few judgy people think of it....

Right you are...close your eye as you go by!

I for one will be decorating our door as we are BIG kids at heart and like to have fun. We plan on enjoying ourselves and if those that don't like it can look the other way! Sorry folks. Maybe if more people would just laugh and smile more instead of all the rudeness. Our world would be a better place!

Just my opinion!! Who cares what others think. It is your vacation!! Enjoy it!! :)

Exactly!! It's a cruise....vacation....fun!!

I love the little life preservers with your names on them! Where did you get those??

There’s a ton of custom door decorations available on Etsy. Most are for Disney sailings, but do a search on Etsy for Princess Cruise door magnets.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Suzyed my daughter & I are taking a TA cruise together in Oct. I love your magnet idea for your cruise with your daughter. Where would I look for something like that? Thanx!

My favorite door décor to date has been a smiley face with the words "steal me" across the front. I was going to take a photo of it but by the time I got back with my phone/camera it was gone. :rolleyes:

I love door and cabin decorations. I always find what I want to decorate with and just glue refrigerator magnets on the back. They are so easy to pack and be sure to use extra magnets on larger decorations. I still use our tropical fish when we are cruising where they live. Our cabin always looks so much fun inside.

There’s a ton of custom door decorations available on Etsy. Most are for Disney sailings, but do a search on Etsy for Princess Cruise door magnets.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Thanks! I will check it out!

Suzyed my daughter & I are taking a TA cruise together in Oct. I love your magnet idea for your cruise with your daughter. Where would I look for something like that? Thanx!

I got it on vista print, under "car magnets".

Susan and Amanda

31687386_10155344765131720_3446235166505172992_n.jpg.034a8e433a1a8d2adf06ab5bcb152366.jpg

My favorite door décor to date has been a smiley face with the words "steal me" across the front. I was going to take a photo of it but by the time I got back with my phone/camera it was gone. :rolleyes:

They took you up on your offer! LOL!

It would be fun for the "stealer" to put it on their door and have it stolen, etc. etc.....then trying to find it each day! Might help get in some exercise while searching for your smiley face!

I always do something for our doors, I find it fun & they make ME (& my family) happy. For our last big family Christmas cruise I did childhood pictures of everyone for their doors & a note pad & pencil to leave messages for the group. Other cruises I have done signs...or last cruise was Panama Canal & I did a map with different smaller magnets to add for each port as we reached them. Usually I do photos I print at home & sticky back magnet sheets but for the Christmas cruise I ordered car magnets from Vista Prints (noted by an earlier poster as momentos of the trip for each family group).

If you enjoy doing it & your group & the kids will appreciate it...decorate away!

• 4 weeks later...

I always decorate my door with the cruise theme (borrowing from the ports we will be visiting) and I have a little sign that I hang on the room number that says "adventure this way" so I can see it while walking down the hall and not have to worry if I am trying to open the wrong door. I know, I know, I could look at the name on the nameplate, but what fun is that?

Someone stole my door decorations on Emerald, so don't let your son put

his batman on the door, unless he's ready for the worst.

Someone stole our door magnet as well on the Coral during our Panama cruise [emoji35]

I for one will be decorating our door as we are BIG kids at heart and like to have fun. We plan on enjoying ourselves and if those that don't like it can look the other way! Sorry folks. Maybe if more people would just laugh and smile more instead of all the rudeness. Our world would be a better place!

Just my opinion!! Who cares what others think. It is your vacation!! Enjoy it!! :)

I’m hitting the like button on this one. (y) I totally agree with you.

Tony

Decorating the cabin door is a great way to share some lighthearted fun with fellow passengers and crew. Sure, some people may steal or write nasty things, but I've never had that happen in the 3 cruises I've decorated. Switching out the decorations for various ports or holidays only takes a few minutes each day since I re-use small round magnets(Home Depot) or poster putty. Avoid using gel-cling type decorations since the dye can transfer and permanently stain walls or doors.

Usually I'll have one or two days of passenger participation with the decorations, such as a selfie-station with props or writing down their cruise pyramid, with a small reward such as a cruise itinerary magnet or gold coin for them to take. It's not unusual to get a few daily chuckles and positive comments from other passengers and the stewards in the area.

A46D4144-A8B1-469B-A008-F6FE2DC4496B_zpsn5ucbsuv.jpg

F1B6C80B-F5C3-4E70-8CCC-17911C2AF0A5_zpsq65m04x0.jpg

D6E2A716-86EC-483A-BC7F-D0F5F48288D4_zpsqnyl0iz6.jpg

15318EC1-201B-43D8-9ED1-E674EF494A9B_zps7tnfeuj7.jpg

E51F7EE1-8ADD-4AFD-9E65-77C679C99557_zpsatc7dwwy.jpg

Happy decorating and share some fun,

Susan, these are fabulous ! Where did you get the signs that say "Coral Princess", "Aruba" "Cartagena", "Ft. Lauderdale" , etc. ? You are really talented. Thanks for the fun photos ! :) - EBC

Here on the Princess board, we fondly refer to the cabin stewards as Stewart. It is a innocent play on words...:)

Actually some people started referring to the steward as Stewart because a number of people used that word instead of steward because the honestly made the mistake and didn't realize the word was steward. A couple of people repeated it as a joke over and over and over and, for some, it stuck. There are only a few who actually use the term Stewart as a joke. I kind of cringe every time I see it as I think it actually causes some folks to think that is the correct term.

Note: I worked for a state agency and one person actually sent out a mass email asking people to vote for them as their "Union Stewart". They went so far as to state that they had "been to Stewart training" and were qualified for the position. They got a number of responses letting them know that anybody who thought the title was "Stewart" was likely not qualified and wouldn't win the election.

Maybe you do, but it isn't something "done on Princess boards."

Seems to me the reference isn't very flattering, and doesn't infer a fondness as you seem to believe. Do you refer to female cabin stewardesses as Stewart?

Yes, I refer to both male and females as steward. Steward is gender neutral and there is no need to have separate nomenclature.

Here on the Princess board, we fondly refer to the cabin stewards as Stewart. It is a innocent play on words...:)
Actually some people started referring to the steward as Stewart because a number of people used that word instead of steward because the honestly made the mistake and didn't realize the word was steward. A couple of people repeated it as a joke over and over and over and, for some, it stuck. There are only a few who actually use the term Stewart as a joke. I kind of cringe every time I see it as I think it actually causes some folks to think that is the correct term.

Note: I worked for a state agency and one person actually sent out a mass email asking people to vote for them as their "Union Stewart". They went so far as to state that they had "been to Stewart training" and were qualified for the position. They got a number of responses letting them know that anybody who thought the title was "Stewart" was likely not qualified and wouldn't win the election.

Maybe you do, but it isn't something "done on Princess boards." Seems to me the reference isn't very flattering, and doesn't infer a fondness as you seem to believe. Do you refer to female cabin stewardesses as Stewart?
Yes, I refer to both male and females as steward. Steward is gender neutral and there is no need to have separate nomenclature.