Can I change credit card at embarkation?

Cruisinamber

The problem is that they do not want to change it. They want to use the card that was given in the personalizer. If asked to show it at check-in, they could only do so if the card owner stays in the check-in area for hours until everyone in the group using that card has checked in.

Not the case if I'm correctly understanding what you are saying. If you and I and two others are cruising on Princess and when I made the reservations I put all of us on my credit card for whatever reason and I decide to change the credit card for some reason, I can change the card and leave the other 3 on the new card or take the other 3 off the card. In that case when you guys check in, it will show no credit card attached to your account. Each of you could then add your own card to your account, or go to Pas. Serv. & make it a cash only card. If you 3 had already checked in when I had taken you off the credit card, you'd find out what I had done the first time you used your cruise card and the charge was refused because the card that was there when you checked in had been removed and there was no cash put into the card's account. Of course you'd probably come looking for me with a big stick for not telling you what I had done!! :eek:

But, maybe I've misunderstood what you said...it's been a long day already! :D

Tom

Not the case if I'm correctly understanding what you are saying. If you and I and two others are cruising on Princess and when I made the reservations I put all of us on my credit card for whatever reason and I decide to change the credit card for some reason, I can change the card and leave the other 3 on the new card or take the other 3 off the card. In that case when you guys check in, it will show no credit card attached to your account. Each of you could then add your own card to your account, or go to Pas. Serv. & make it a cash only card. If you 3 had already checked in when I had taken you off the credit card, you'd find out what I had done the first time you used your cruise card and the charge was refused because the card that was there when you checked in had been removed and there was no cash put into the card's account. Of course you'd probably come looking for me with a big stick for not telling you what I had done!! :eek:

But, maybe I've misunderstood what you said...it's been a long day already! :D

Tom

As I understand it, the poster has listed their credit card on their own account and on the accounts for several others in their group. The poster wants their credit card to stay on all of the accounts and does not want to change what card it is.

The question the poster asked is what if at check-in each person is asked to show the credit card attached to their account? Only if the poster stayed around until all in the group had checked in could the same card be shown for all of the accounts.

However, it has been my experience that they no longer ask to show a credit card at check-in, just ask if they want to use the credit card already listed for their account.

As I understand it, the poster has listed their credit card on their own account and on the accounts for several others in their group. The poster wants their credit card to stay on all of the accounts and does not want to change what card it is.

The question the poster asked is what if at check-in each person is asked to show the credit card attached to their account? Only if the poster stayed around until all in the group had checked in could the same card be shown for all of the accounts.

However, it has been my experience that they no longer ask to show a credit card at check-in, just ask if they want to use the credit card already listed for their account.

Ah, yep, I misunderstood what you were saying. Can't speak for other ports, but at Seattle, the credit card isn't asked for on Princess check-in unless a change is to be made. That's not the case for at least some other lines as I learned yesterday with Celebrity. Everybody is asked for their credit card on that line.

Have a good day!

Tom

Princes indicated I would need to show the card for those parties who arent in the same room with myself. As for waiting arounvd, we are coming in two groups. One with 6 and another with 2. The group with 2 should get to the port about the same time. Timing is related to Princess transfers.

Bottom line though, I have to be there when all the parties I'm covering check in.