Caribe Deck question...on Regal

rgmacm

On the larger ships (where Lido is Deck 16 instead of 14) is Caribe (Deck 10) STILL the one with the half covered/half uncovered balconies? - or has that moved 'up' the ship as well?

I'm looking particularly at Regal Princess, but would like an answer pertaining to ALL the newer/larger ships if possible. (are they calling these the "Ocean Medallion class" ships???)

Sadly, Caribe deck 10 on the Royal Class ships has the same depth balcony as most others along the sides of the ship. There are some mini suite balconies midship that do have somewhat larger balconies, but are fully covered.

On the larger ships (where Lido is Deck 16 instead of 14) is Caribe (Deck 10) STILL the one with the half covered/half uncovered balconies? - or has that moved 'up' the ship as well?

I'm looking particularly at Regal Princess, but would like an answer pertaining to ALL the newer/larger ships if possible. (are they calling these the "Ocean Medallion class" ships???)

No...nearly all Royal-class balconies are the same size...9’x4’...and are covered. That’s about 20% smaller than the standard size balconies on other Princess ships & less than half the size of the larger 9’x9’ Caribe deck balconies.

On Royal-class ships (not ***** class) only cabins in the midship bumped out area, aft facing and a few forward cabins have larger balconies.

This CC webpage has photos of Royal-class balcony cabins including a 360° view:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/

Edited by Astro Flyer

On Royal-class ships only cabins in the midship bumped out area, aft facing and a few forward cabins have larger balconies.

Just to add that the newest Royal-class ships- Majestic Princess and Sky Princess (due out next October) do/will have blocks of half covered/uncovered balconies on Dolpin deck.

IMG_0204_zpsagbyop9p-L.jpg

Just to add that the newest Royal-class ships- Majestic Princess and Sky Princess (due out next October) do/will have blocks of half covered/uncovered balconies on Dolpin deck.

IMG_0204_zpsagbyop9p-L.jpg

Thanks for the information & photo of those balconies.

Interesting...did not notice that change. It would be nice if they were to carry that design all the way up to Marina deck.

Was on the Regal on Deck 10 in Feb. of this year and no, no cover for the balconies at all and very narrow balconies. I was disappointed.

Was on the Regal on Deck 10 in Feb. of this year and no, no cover for the balconies at all and very narrow balconies. I was disappointed.

I’ve sailed the Royal & Regal several times and the balconies on the side of the ship are stacked & not terraced like on other Princess ships.

Maybe our definition of a covered balcony is different however the photos in the link I previously posted show that nearly all balconies are covered by the balcony above it...what cabin did you have?

Here are photos of the aft balcony cabins which show where most uncovered balconies are located.

Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

We were in C301 HC cabin, mid forward and there was no overhang over our balcony.

I’ve sailed the Royal & Regal several times and the balconies on the side of the ship are stacked & not terraced like on other Princess ships.

Maybe our definition of a covered balcony is different however the photos in the link I previously posted show that nearly all balconies are covered by the balcony above it...what cabin did you have?

Here are photos of the aft balcony cabins which show where most uncovered balconies are located.

There must be some confusion...

I just double checked, including a fairly close-up of where C310 is located, taken from the ship's tender, from right alongside the boat. (Right here on CC: >Research, >Regal, >Photos, >Ship >Passenger photos. )

It seems that all of these cabins do have cover from the cabins/decks above them. I have never seen or read any indication otherwise.

However, sorry to the original poster, on this class of ship, they do not have the extended balconies on the Caribe deck, like man of the older ships do. The balconies on the Regal are smaller, more shallow.

Well, I do believe the confusion is in terminology. I have sailed on ships that have "full" over hang/coverage from the cabins above. I can tell you that C301 did not have "full" coverage and in fact, on the few sunny days we had was difficult to stay out there in the hot sun. On this I guess we must agree to disagree.

• 9 months later...

HELP!  I'm trying to select my cabin (Balcony or Mini-Suite) on the not-built-yet Enchanted Princess...NO one seems to be able to help me.   I prefer the Aft cabins (wake view but they are all sold out).  So looking at whats left in Aft, can anyone tell me there best guess as to whether any decks have covered balconies??   MANY thanks!!

2 hours ago, maraleezie said:

HELP!  I'm trying to select my cabin (Balcony or Mini-Suite) on the not-built-yet Enchanted Princess...NO one seems to be able to help me.   I prefer the Aft cabins (wake view but they are all sold out).  So looking at whats left in Aft, can anyone tell me there best guess as to whether any decks have covered balconies??   MANY thanks!!

Almost all the side facing balconies are covered.  The photos on posting no. 8 will show that aft facing balconies are partially covered. There also appears to be two sections of partially or uncovered balcony cabins on deck 9 with double sized balconies, they appear to be D146 to D227 and D702 to D725.