So much fun!

Living4acruise2day

hello there, we get the cart all day and we arrive at 8am and leave at 11pm. to anyone that has done this golf cart rental, can you do the entire south part including time at Solomar Beach in about 4 hours? and then go back to ship for lunch. pick up the cart again around 1 and drive up to the city of Rincon along the beach and back by 6 or 7? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We have the golf carts rented for 11/2 and are very excited to do this.

Can you just park at the beaches or were ever as you go and they stay safe?

I imagine you would not leave anything in them?

We plan on snorkeling at different stops :)

Thanks ahead for any info.

Yes you can park the carts and they are safe. They have a key to start them and we just took the key with us.

And we did not leave anything in the cart when we left them. We felt very safe going around the island and it seems the local drivers are used to the carts and no problem on the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this last week. WHAT A BLAST!!!!! Soooo much freedom and so amazing to see everything on the Island that WE wanted to see on our own. It was so funny...the golf carts were sold out for our date and we kept passing by everyone else, tooting our horns at each other. Yes, as the above poster stated, VERY safe. Just remove your key and valuables. Make sure you do the 1000 steps and the Salt Mines (surreal) Make sure you take a camera or you will be kicking yourself.

BTW.....Due to the HIGH demand for the golf carts (I think they only had 18), and quickly sells out a year in advance....Debbie (the owner) had a NEW SHIPMENT OF 20 MORE DELIVERED the day we were there!!!!! So....if you have been advised that your date is sold out, try again!!!! This is a DO NOT MISS excursion. :cool:

How far was was 1000 steps and the salt mine? Do you go on highways?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went all over the Island and to so many places, that it is difficult for me to remember, but I think the 1000 steps was about 10 minutes from town. Salt mines, about 15 minutes. NONE of the sites on the Island are marked. There are no signs whatsoever. You have to make sure you are looking at the map provided. (which we did not) Lol. We just "winged it" and stumbled upon everything. You cannot get lost, as you can see the cruise ship from just about everywhere you go. Its great! As far as the roads, no, there are no highways, but there are some main roads that are a little busier than others. The busier roads have indentations so that you can pull over and let anyone pass you. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.:cool:

I realize that going to a strange place can be intimidating, but believe me....it is sooooo easy. You have plenty of time to see everything. We stopped every 5 minutes to take pics. Even got hungry, went back to town and ate lunch....and back on the road again!!!!

HERE IS MY REVIEW ON TRIP ADVISOR:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147268-d8750993-Reviews-Bonaire_Cruisers-Kralendijk_Bonaire.html

MY REVIEW IS: "RUN, DON'T WALK"

Edited by champagne123
mmmm...............

• 2 weeks later...

We recently (last week) were on Bonaire on a last minute Regal Princess cruise. This was our 5th visit to the island and we normally go on the Woodwind for snorkeling. But since we will be back in Bonaire next month (Celebrity Reflection) and plan to go on the Woodwind....we decided to try something different and rent a Golf Cart from Debbie. We filled out the form for a reservation and had a confirmation within a few hours. When we exited our ship (at the South Pier) we turned left and walked along the various vendors (in tents) until we found the Bonaire Cruiser tend where we met Lee (interesting man from Holland). He confirmed our reservations and gave us directions to walk about 2 blocks to the rental office where they have the carts (only saw 2 person carts). At the office we were checked-in, paid by credit card, get our documents and a map (with a detailed explanation and suggestions) and we were off. We spent about 3 hours exploring the Southern part of the island and stopped at one quiet beach to do some snorkeling. We met a local diving couple (from Illinois,,,,but they have a place on Bonaire) who recommended that area for snorkeling (we have our own gear and are very experienced at snorkeling and some diving). We spent about a half hour in the water and then resumed our drive around the south end of the island. After a few more stops we got back to town around 12:30 and decided to head up to the North (our ship was in port until 6pm) side of the island which was totally different then the south. We got back to town about 3:30 and dropped our cart. We probably drove about 30 miles during the day and it was a lot of fun. One highlight was that we drove to the old town of Rincon and stopped at the Cadushy Distillery which is a tiny operation that makes many kinds of liquors and other booze. We met a Dutch College Student who was working there as an intern and he gave us an excellent explanation of the operation. We then tasted several products (quite delicious) before continuing around the island to get back to town.

For those intending to snorkel or swim don't forget to bring your own stuff including sunscreen (you can get wind burn on the cart..so using sunscreen is a must. There is room on the back of the cart for backpacks and/or snorkel gear as its designed to hold two golf bags. We had our own luggage cable (kind of like a lightweight bike cable/lock) which we used to secure our bags....although we never saw a real need to have a lock.

Just keep in mind that the carts only go about 20-25 MPH and it is a pretty large island. Plan accordingly so you don't find yourself far from town when you need to be back aboard

Hank

A friend & I booked a last minute cruise which stops in Bonaire on 12/4. Leisurely ambling around the island in a golf cart sounds like a excellent idea. However, with 2 ships in port that day, it may be too late to secure an actual booking with Debbie. Since no one has mentioned trying to do this excursion on a rainy day, I have to ask if they offer any snap on/zip on type curtain for protection should there be inclement weather. Tks for any/all input.

Would love to hear your review of what you did.

We will be there next weekend and can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...
This sounds like such fun.

But... what is it REALLY like on the roads with "real cars"?

Thanks!

GC

Hey! We did this last October and there wasn’t a lot of traffic in the roads, some, but not a bunch. The other cars are real courteous and we would just pull over and let people pass when needed.

Just don’t take the roundabouts too fast! Felt like we were going to tip over the first time, haha, but we just needed to slow down. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
You can order a 2 seater or 4 seater. If you decide you are interested you have to write to Debbie via e-mail and give her your name, date in port and time in port. She will get back to you with a confirmation . NO credit card or payment required until you pick up your cart!!!!!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...k_Bonaire.html

Her email address is:

info@bonairecruisers.com

Just be aware that I received an email from Debbie saying they are no longer doing 4 seaters (too tipsy). Still have the $95 two seaters though.

Dan

• 1 month later...
Has anyone rented for a half day? We are doing Woodwind in the morning and thinking about renting a golf cart for the afternoon. Ship is in port until 6. Is that enough time?

You have two issues. Depending on business it might be hard to get a golf cart for a half day because they will give priority to full day rentals. But assuming you can get a golf cart that short period of time will certainly limit your driving itinerary. You would certainly want to be back in town by 5 (at the latest). The Golf Card rental companies will certainly help you with working out how much you can do. I would probably lean towards going South (towards the airport) and coming back up on the west side. You would not be able to do both the North and South ends of the island.

Hank