Anyone able to post up recent patters or give info for the Royal British Isles

Flo71

I had put out a request for this a few days ago. Hoping someone comes back from this latest cruise with some to share :)

Oops, didn't spot that, fingers crossed someone does reply.

Anything specific you are looking for? I have all the Patters from the May 13 - 25th British Isles cruise.

Who is cruise director? We got a precruise email but it did not say who it was. What are the production shows and is there any other bigger entertainment such as Beatlemaniacs?

Is Nick Nash the captain?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Captain: Tony Draper

Cruise Director: Lexi Comley

Production Shows:

Sweet Soul Music

Colors of the World

The Secret Silk

Encore

Other shows:

Irish Comedian George Casey

Ventriloquist Kieran Powell (x2)

Gaels Afloat

Livewire

Impressionist Greg London

The Voice of the Ocean - Finale

The Queens of Rhythm

Thank you, looks good, was hoping for a magic act for hubby but we'll be happy anyway. The singer Darren Day was on the last time we did th eBritish Isles a few years ago, I did wonder if we might have any 'names' this time.

Anything specific you are looking for? I have all the Patters from the May 13 - 25th British Isles cruise.

Any chance you can scan/take a pic of one port day patter and one sea day patter? Just hoping to get a sense of how much is going on at any given time on board. (Dedicated HAL cruiser making the move to Princess, and travelling with 3 generations to occupy)

Thanks so much for considering!

• 4 weeks later...
Thx so very much!! Now our sailing just needs luck of the Irish like yours did to make it to Guernsey!! So far this season the Royal is 1 for 3!

We on the June 6-18 made it to Guernsey but had to miss Invergordon due to a gale storm.

Hello Fireval911,

Thank you for responding to our questions. Which ports had formal nights on your cruise? I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Formal Nights: Guernsey and First Sea Day

Dress to Impress: Second Sea Day

It was a wonderful cruise. My first Princess Cruise and I will definitely be back!!

Sorry I haven't taken the time to scan the patters yet.

~Val

Captain: Tony Draper

Cruise Director: Lexi Comley

Production Shows:

Sweet Soul Music

Colors of the World

The Secret Silk

Encore

Other shows:

Irish Comedian George Casey

Ventriloquist Kieran Powell (x2)

Gaels Afloat

Livewire

Impressionist Greg London

The Voice of the Ocean - Finale

The Queens of Rhythm

I haven't seen Livewire in many years. I didn't think they were doing cruise ships any more.

Great act.

I was also on this cruise, and a group called The Modern Gentleman performed two nights in the Princess Theater (they did a second night after the ship had to skip a stop in Invergordon). We enjoyed them very much as did the audience.

Nick Nash was our Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

1. I would love to know if there is an Escape room on the Royal BI this summer (2 teenage boys with me).

2. Is there a drink special of the day (since they have killed BOGO).

3. What is dress to impress? Formal but more skin or more sequins???

4. Do you get numbers the night before to get off the ship at a port and have to hang in a lounge and wait to be called? (conflicting and confusing info out there)

5. What night was the Crab Shack? Was it offered more than once?

6. I just would love to see a day of the Patter to see a typical day and what activities are offered. I have never cruised with Princess and I just hate not knowing.

Thanks! Karen

Formal Nights: Guernsey and First Sea Day

Dress to Impress: Second Sea Day

It was a wonderful cruise. My first Princess Cruise and I will definitely be back!!

Sorry I haven't taken the time to scan the patters yet.

~Val

What is 'Dress to Impress' I havent heard of this one before and I dont think it is mentioned in my intinerary for my British Isles cruise next month.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

1. There was an Escape room. Someone we met told us they had signed up for it on the first day, but I don't know how - I'm looking at the Patter from embarkation day and I don't see sign ups for it mentioned. Maybe during the 11:15am-3:30pm "Entertainment Discovery" in the Piazza? I don't know what that means because we weren't on the ship then.

2. I think there was at least a drink special in the dining room, like one of the after dinner drinks was $3 or $4.

3. I was on the May 13 cruise and I didn't realize we had a "dress to impress" night the night before LeHavre except I see the Patter says it was - and I don't think I noticed people dressed up that night. My patter doesn't have a dress code like it does for the formal nights, but that might be because my patter is the disembarking-in-LeHavre version that provides disembarkation info.

4. You get the tickets the morning you arrive at the port, at the door of the dining room, and then wait in the dining room for your number to be called. The tickets are for the two tender ports and for the ports where the cruise line provided a free shuttle, but I don't know what the process is if the shuttle needs to be purchased (for LeHavre at least they said it needed to be purchased at the latest the night before arrival). If you're not taking a shuttle at the docked ports (for instance, Dublin) then you don't need to get a ticket to get off.

5. I see Crab Shack in the Patter only on the day we were at Cobh/Cork.

6. Hopefully the Patter from the first sea day is attached here.

Patter.pdf

1. I would love to know if there is an Escape room on the Royal BI this summer (2 teenage boys with me).

They did last Nov/Dec. It was held on a port day because they said there would be to many people to deal with on a sea day.

2. Is there a drink special of the day (since they have killed BOGO).

No drink of the day. That's gone with the BOGO for $1.

3. What is dress to impress? Formal but more skin or more sequins???

The only time I experienced it was on a 4 day cruise & maybe half the people dressed for formal night, the rest were casual. No one really seemed to care.

4. Do you get numbers the night before to get off the ship at a port and have to hang in a lounge and wait to be called? (conflicting and confusing info out there)

5. What night was the Crab Shack? Was it offered more than once?

6. I just would love to see a day of the Patter to see a typical day and what activities are offered. I have never cruised with Princess and I just hate not knowing.

Thanks! Karen

See above

1. There was an Escape room. Someone we met told us they had signed up for it on the first day, but I don't know how - I'm looking at the Patter from embarkation day and I don't see sign ups for it mentioned. Maybe during the 11:15am-3:30pm "Entertainment Discovery" in the Piazza? I don't know what that means because we weren't on the ship then.

2. I think there was at least a drink special in the dining room, like one of the after dinner drinks was $3 or $4.

3. I was on the May 13 cruise and I didn't realize we had a "dress to impress" night the night before LeHavre except I see the Patter says it was - and I don't think I noticed people dressed up that night. My patter doesn't have a dress code like it does for the formal nights, but that might be because my patter is the disembarking-in-LeHavre version that provides disembarkation info.

4. You get the tickets the morning you arrive at the port, at the door of the dining room, and then wait in the dining room for your number to be called. The tickets are for the two tender ports and for the ports where the cruise line provided a free shuttle, but I don't know what the process is if the shuttle needs to be purchased (for LeHavre at least they said it needed to be purchased at the latest the night before arrival). If you're not taking a shuttle at the docked ports (for instance, Dublin) then you don't need to get a ticket to get off.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful info and attaching a Patter! As we only have shore excursions booked out of Cobh, Belfast, and Invergordon, it looks like we should be ok. I guess I will swing by Guest Relations on embarkation to check on Escape room and book Crab Shack! You are awesome.....Karen

Thank you so much for all the wonderful info and attaching a Patter! As we only have shore excursions booked out of Cobh, Belfast, and Invergordon, it looks like we should be ok. I guess I will swing by Guest Relations on embarkation to check on Escape room and book Crab Shack! You are awesome.....Karen

Currently on the Royal, captain is Nick Nash, formal nights are Guernsey and day 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for the patter scan, lots going on which makes me excited for the cruise, thanks again.

I'm following along since my wife and I are taking the British Isles cruise next August. Although we will be on a different ship, I think information here will be helpful.

What is your sail datefor next year. We are booked for the 17th of August, 2019 on the Crown

Cheryl