HAL MS Amsterdam dry dock 2018 pictures?

Lunalvr

My husband and I are very interested in how the Ms Amsterdam has been updated since leaving dry dock recently. If anyone has pictures to share, would you please consider sharing them? We are interested in all the changes and have been keeping up with Bill and Mary Ann’s recent postings, which we have truly appreciated. However, we are both interested in pictures...especially any changes that were made to the Neptune Suites. Thank you!!

Other than the few interior pictures posted by Bill & MaryAnne on their blog (The embarkation day posting) I have not seen any other pictures or videos yet. I would say we need to wait a few more weeks to allow those on the current cruise, as well as the first Alaska cruise or two to post. It would seem that ships like the Amsterdam get far fewer photo/video reviews posted than the newer larger ships do sadly

Other than the few interior pictures posted by Bill & MaryAnne on their blog (The embarkation day posting) I have not seen any other pictures or videos yet. I would say we need to wait a few more weeks to allow those on the current cruise, as well as the first Alaska cruise or two to post. It would seem that ships like the Amsterdam get far fewer photo/video reviews posted than the newer larger ships do sadly

Do you remember if they posted any pictures of the Vista Suite cabins?

When I finally accessed all of the pictures on their blogspot, (Report #127), there were several of the main areas of the ship. They had several of the lanai staterooms, outside and inside, (:confused: by now they may be finished renovating the inside of these room), but there were no pics of the Vista Suites. Looks like we both will be waiting.

I found some pictures of some of the Amsterdam's post dry dock public areas on Mark the Event Manager's Face Book Page. I have linked to them on my blog. Cruise Critic won't embed facebook pictures here.

Here is a link to the pictures that Bill and Mary Ann posted on their blog

www.theinsidecabin.com

I found some pictures of some of the Amsterdam's post dry dock public areas on Mark the Event Manager's Face Book Page. I have linked to them on my blog. Cruise Critic won't embed facebook pictures here.

Here is a link to the pictures that Bill and Mary Ann posted on their blog

www.theinsidecabin.com

Thanks so much for the pictures. Any idea of how much renovation was done to the Vista Suites?

From what I understood only the Category CA & D cabins on Lower Promenade deck and the C cabins on Main deck were having the tubs removed and replaced with the shower only units and the full bathroom refresh. It is unclear which, if any, of the other inside and oceanview cabins grades were getting a bathroom refresh with new tiling and counters/lighting. I believe all Vista and Neptune suites were to get the bathroom refresh but retain their jetted tubs

Hopefully we can get some more details of specific room types and what was done (or not done) during the drydock from people traveling on the 7 day cruises the next few months.

From what I understood only the Category CA & D cabins on Lower Promenade deck and the C cabins on Main deck were having the tubs removed and replaced with the shower only units and the full bathroom refresh. It is unclear which, if any, of the other inside and oceanview cabins grades were getting a bathroom refresh with new tiling and counters/lighting. I believe all Vista and Neptune suites were to get the bathroom refresh but retain their jetted tubs

Hopefully we can get some more details of specific room types and what was done (or not done) during the drydock from people traveling on the 7 day cruises the next few months.

Wouldn't that be unusual that the Neptune Suites would get less of a makeover than the lower priced cabins?

The bathrooms in Neptune and Vista Suites supposedly got the full bathroom refresh that the select oceanviews got, they just did not have their tubs torn out and replaced with a shower only unit. I could be wrong in that regard.

That said the Vista and Neptunes on the 4 R class vessels supposedly got a much more comprehensive refresh including new lighting, soft furnishings, USB ports, etc. They did not to my knowledge get the new interactive tv systems that the Vista and signature class suites have received.