Dining room seating question

curlyQ

My husband and I are thinking about Silversea for early next year.

I know that Silversea is open seating, however, for dinner we like to

dine alone most nights ( just sharing tables for lunch etc ).

Is it possible to request of the Maitre de to hold the same

preferred table every night if we see one that we really like?.

thank you for any feedback.

Unless you choose an officer's table (which you won't since you prefer to dine alone and the officer's favorite tables seat more than two) you will be able to choose a table and have the maitre d' hold it for you during the entire cruise. I've seen it done.

a word to the wise...when requesting the table for two...ask what hour this could be best arranged....for example...if you are a prime time arriver on the late side...this is difficult. It is best to adjust your arrival time to accomodate this arrangement!

I've seen them hold a table of 8 for a party of two every night... We were next to them two nights in a row, so I began to look and see if they were at "their" table. We moved around -- they never did -- and took "prime" space. A cruise later (I saw them at the same table on TWO cruises) I spoke to the female half and learned that they spent four months onboard. So... theirs is a unique case. I wouldn't expect a table for 8 to be held for a one-time cruiser. But a table for two, when you advise the maitre d' when you'll be expected, that shouldn't be a problem.

Our experience was that all of the employees on Silversea would bend over backward to try and accomodate any reasonable (and I suppose even some unreasonable, but hopefully we never asked!) request. If they can figure out a way to accomodate whatever table request you have - without infringing on other guests' enjoyment - they will do so. They'll smile while doing it, and probably try to do it the next night without being asked.

My wife and I are sailing the Wind in March.What time do most people come to the dinning room.On all of our other cruises exept the Wind Song we took late seating and a table for 6 to 8.If we came into the dinning room about 8 or 8:30 is that too late?

Mathematically, that is true, unless quite a few small groups occupy large tables with empty seats, or couples occupy tables for four. I read somewhere that there were some 420 seats in the main dining room with a maximum of 382 passengers (double occupancy). Besides, the Terrace Cafe seats another 50 people. Moreover, passengers normally wouldn't all turn up at once. So chances are good that there should be no line up, other than waiting for the waiters to lead you to your table one by one!

Archived